Sign in to follow this  

Dirt 2.0 - Paid DLC download size

Knowing that the disk space required is nearly 50GB and the paid extra content almost doubles the original content, will the final game take 100GB?

What's the download size of an individual car? Citroën paid DLC for example?

What usually happens with this type of game is that the DLC content is included in patches and purchasing the extra content just buys you an unlock. The two cars were 20mb each but I think they were already added in the Day 1 patch and the 20mb was just an unlock.

• Agree 1

Yeah, I agree @hobsgrg, the download of the C4 and Fabia (on PS4) was so fast I didn't have time to see what the file size was.

As you say I guess the DLC will be built into updates and all you are downloading is a code to unlock it (which seems to be the way a lot of games do it these days).

The DLC is ussually with most games integraded in the game so you are able to compete against it. Only thing is you can't choose it to race with it. So yes, the DLC in the store is just a key to unlock it and maybe just a few kb. The game therefore also not really need to do something extras. At the start of the game it just checks if the keys for the DLC are there or not.