Dirt 2.0 PC - KEYBOARD ISSUE

I’m playing Dirt Rally 2.0 on PC with full fanatec bundle. I’m fronting a big issue since last update with my keyboard. I’m supposed to type ENTER to get game menu. But I can’t my keyboard seems not being recognised anymore ? I’ve tried changing keyboard no way I’ve tried reinstalling the game same issue... others games works fine !!

Do you have any advices to help me running the game again ?

Help

Seb

Did you edit the devices xml?

When I added the parameters to the xml to increase ffb I left a doulble apostrophe (") off one of the variables and it broke all input just like you are seeing.

On 3/26/2019 at 12:14 AM, JesseDeya said:

Did you edit the devices xml?

When I added the parameters to the xml to increase ffb I left a doulble apostrophe (") off one of the variables and it broke all input just like you are seeing.

in certain situations when i have to type in words my keybord locks completely up and i cant type anything, even the esc key dont work anymore.I basically have to kill the game process in task manager to be able to do anything again.This happens when renaming saved tuning setups or when trying to register to the racenet thingy inside the game client

Did you ever figure out the solution to this?  I can't rename setups even in the non-VR version with my fanatec wheel turned off.  The A and S keys rotate the keyboard instead of typing letters.  Even the esc key doesn't work to cancel, I have to quit the game.  It also means I can't save more than one setup at once, pretty annoying!

EDIT: I verified my game files via steam, it found one file it needed to replace, and now this seems to work.  No idea if that was the culprit or something else, but hopefully this helps someone.

EDIT 2: Nope forget that, just fired the game up with my wheel powered on and I can't rename setups anymore.

Edited by crazyjockey

I also have this issue, same as crazyjockey (no Fanatec though). I finally found a way to rename the setup files by opening the game in 2D version at my desktop and editing the file names with my desktop keyboard. The Sim Rig keyboard does not function as a keyboard in VR version or in 2D version (it just rotates and zooms the camera around the car with cursor flashing after setup). The desktop keyboard will not rename files in VR version (say if I climb out of the sim rig and use desktop keyboard to try and rename the setup file). Summary: I save files as "My Tuning Setup" and then later close / reopen the game at desktop only to go back in and rename those saved setups. It's a pain and would be great to resolve.