Jump to content

Bahrain Event

Recommended Posts

I thought I'd take a look in detail at the next event and try a few race condition practice laps. First. Practice laps will cost you in ad viewing time. I didn't like having to watch a 30 second ad every one minute and thirty seconds. So do five lap trials. Second. This is a track I dislike. Not sure if I hate walls or sand more. But putting that aside, the worst problem is the braking point indicators. They stretch for hundreds of metres in the red which means when you really need them they are already red, so you don't know when to brake and this track is maybe the most unforgiving when it comes to poor braking. If you put one wheel in the sand, just quit, because you're not going to recover. Third. Set-ups. No advice at this point. Tried the same as Melbourne and didn't feel right....this is a lot of tight, precise corners so tried an all handling setup which didn't do anything to get me around the tighter corners either. Will try all power next, maybe just hard braking and powering out of corners will work.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

never try an all power setup

power has proven to do NOTHING. yes absolutely NOTHING at all.

it does not help with ACCELERATION, or TOP SPEED. all it does is force your gears to upshift at a HIGHER speed, which means u have a much lower top speed since we all know the acceleration on this game is stupidly slow, and you never get to the max speed a car can go

 

maybe try all aero and take the curves much faster

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, slayton said:

the worst problem is the braking point indicators. They stretch for hundreds of metres in the red which means when you really need them they are already red, so you don't know when to brake and this track is maybe the most unforgiving when it comes to poor braking

Hello - yes, as mentioned in another thread, we're aware of this apologise for the inconvenience. Another take on the dynamic racing line and brake point indicators are in the works for our upcoming patch.

Using the static 2D racing line, which is simple a blue line and doesn't interfere with your view as much, might be a short-term solution. But we know that it's not a long-term one, and we're looking to resolve the matter ASAP. 🙂

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having seen that I'm not at all sure I'm going to bother with this Event. Not only the manner of driving on display, but two things that dawned on me having completed and achieved Gold in all Events to date. One: There is no record of my achievements. No ladder to climb. No reason to aspire to accumulate wins. Like in, ummmmm..... let's say Formula 1! Which brings me to Two: The rewards. I could get 999 parts and still have nothing to upgrade. I can't recall the last time I upgraded anything. I am sure my iPad will be obsolete by the time I reach the goal of being fully upgraded.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, StKnowhere said:

Lets see if Chris Groves comments on this (I'm not holding my breath to be honest)

But frankly I will be glad when this event is over.  I hate this track with every fibre of my very being.  Horrible modern bland soulless design, stupidly angled corners (not that that matters to the guy in the video) and ******* SAND!!!!!

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TH61 said:

Lets see if Chris Groves comments on this (I'm not holding my breath to be honest)

But frankly I will be glad when this event is over.  I hate this track with every fibre of my very being.  Horrible modern bland soulless design, stupidly angled corners (not that that matters to the guy in the video) and ******* SAND!!!!!

 

Hello 🙂 

Just finished my latest report to the team, which gathers all player-reported feedback over the past few days. This topic has also been included and I've strongly suggested we investigate further. 

Track limits are in place to ensure fair racing across all tracks and modes, so any potential exploit of this system is taken very seriously. If and when progress is made on this front, I'll report back to all players.

Thanks 🙂

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very good Chris, makes me a little crazy to have to learn the off track tricks to be competitive.

These seem to surface globally before GP events but I presume you guys know about the off track lines drivers are taking at Silverstone, Suzuka amd Austria (probably others) also?

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hello 🙂 

Just finished my latest report to the team, which gathers all player-reported feedback over the past few days. This topic has also been included and I've strongly suggested we investigate further. 

Track limits are in place to ensure fair racing across all tracks and modes, so any potential exploit of this system is taken very seriously. If and when progress is made on this front, I'll report back to all players.

Thanks 🙂

Just a thought for a quick fix, require the top 10 GP times to submit a video of a qualification lap 😎

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StKnowhere said:

Very good Chris, makes me a little crazy to have to learn the off track tricks to be competitive.

These seem to surface globally before GP events but I presume you guys know about the off track lines drivers are taking at Silverstone, Suzuka amd Austria (probably others) also?

 

wait

what off track lines at silverstone?

 

and the video explains a lot. i had a duel where the guy did the same thing and wasnt slowed down. thought he was cheating or a hacker

turns it out is just CodeAmateurs at it again

 

next thing we know, austin is going to have absolute joke of indycar track limits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hello 🙂 

Just finished my latest report to the team, which gathers all player-reported feedback over the past few days. This topic has also been included and I've strongly suggested we investigate further. 

Track limits are in place to ensure fair racing across all tracks and modes, so any potential exploit of this system is taken very seriously. If and when progress is made on this front, I'll report back to all players.

Thanks 🙂

Chris!!! You did comment, thank you :classic_rolleyes:

We have all known since the first test event at Suzuka that a certain number of people were cheating. You only have to look at the top times to see that. At Suzuka it was cutting the chicane.

However, I think you have to agree that this video has crossed a line (guess the other videos did too)  so I/we appreciate that you're looking into this

I don't imagine for one moment thats its an easy task, after all what do you do, build a digital wall in the run-offs???  Can't imagine that going down too well. But one thing I cant understand is that when I've tried copying what this guy did, my car would grind to a crawl on the run-offs, his didn't. 🤨 but meh!

So, once again, thanks for investigating and we look forward to your next posts on the matter

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think players under 1:20 in Gold Tier are cheater in this event. 

 

Edited by Sacka
Correction
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Sacka said:

All players in Gold Tier are cheater in this event. 

I did it in to gold tier with not crossing the track limits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Zyklo said:

I did it in to gold tier with not crossing the track limits.

My mistake mate. Correction had been made to my post 🙏🏻

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the #1 gold time is 58 seconds ***

what corners are people cutting....

Screenshot_20190330-114637.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 0:58 is a bug, I got that time once in practice.  I think after doing a restart.

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, StKnowhere said:

The 0:58 is a bug, I got that time once in practice.  I think after doing a restart.

so it's only counted 2 sector splits or something like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Farroww said:

so it's only counted 2 sector splits or something like that?

That's the theory, I think this was reported several versions ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TH61 said:

I don't imagine for one moment thats its an easy task, after all what do you do, build a digital wall in the run-offs???  Can't imagine that going down too well. But one thing I cant understand is that when I've tried copying what this guy did, my car would grind to a crawl on the run-offs, his didn't. 🤨 but meh!

So, once again, thanks for investigating and we look forward to your next posts on the matter

Looks like you need momentium and Brake assists need to be off.

I think you hit a key option for a mitigation, make traction/drag in all the off track areas the same as grass.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Farroww said:

so it's only counted 2 sector splits or something like that?

Just happened my first practice run this morning:

 

 

E6907D30-7ABE-408F-ADF7-CC2A669C3315.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Replicated on iPadPro 1st gen and 2018.

Happens on first race after opening the game only.  Time is correct on subsequent races.

 

 
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×