Bahrain Event

Posted (edited)

A5F12AB1-18AC-43C4-BFA4-AFE544FEF2E7.jpeg

Watch Sector 1 time in next video.

Edited by StKnowhere

Posted (edited)

OK, so we know that the top 2 guys from qualifying were missing the first sector time.  Should the answer to that be to add-on an average sector 1 time to their results?  That would seem fair rather than just deleting the times.

Right now I have to say that I feel sorry for Chris Groves and I would not like his job, he has a tough Monday morning coming up. On top of the 'cheating' video issue, this happens!!!  As he has said, the team are looking into this so lets give them time to do their job and report back

Edited by TH61
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

How depressing to watch those 44 parts drop into place and not even make a dent in the 450 target of many components. I'm beginning to doubt whether I'll ever upgrade another part. 

Edit: I should have just stopped after the first two words of that paragraph.

Posted (edited)

Tons of brake pads and light weight pistons on my end.

I have L8 parts 100+ over the max target

Edited by StKnowhere

So you achieved 450 parts? And this is the result? I don't get it. So you have a maxed out cockpit or steering wheel and it has almost no value. You certainly wouldn't swap an epic part for one of these. Or am i missing something?

All these are moot cos the effect of these parts on car performance is not clear and balanced. 

Full epic setups does not mean your car will perform at its best. 

Is full aero still the go to setup now?

So here's my Level 7 steering, which is still way off 450 and assuming I get another couple of hundred R&D boxes it will go up from 72 to 75?

AA680CB1-00B4-473B-AE18-D60681A4CED7.jpeg

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 11:48 AM, Farroww said:

the #1 gold time is 58 seconds ***

what corners are people cutting....

Screenshot_20190330-114637.png

Hello - these top unattainable times have been assessed by the team and they did not feature in the final leaderboard standings. 

It appears at this point that those very top times are down to a very small amount of players not recording a Sector 1 time. We're aware of it and seeing what can be done to address this. Thanks 🙂 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hello - these top unattainable times have been assessed by the team and they did not feature in the final leaderboard standings. 

It appears at this point that those very top times are down to a very small amount of players not recording a Sector 1 time. We're aware of it and seeing what can be done to address this. Thanks 🙂 

Thanks Chris!

• Sad 1

What happened to getting credits in the event rewards? 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

what was this event this weekend,???  how was this possible??   this to drivers KONSTANTIN -and MADMAN play with as ....they are thrilling the game,  there are proud to be cheating,    tighten up with us, there told that.  " 

“ I dont care - we all got same terms and opportunities. I will beat all on track or offtrack whatever will possible.” Nice words from one of our driver!!!🤔

“ I dont care - we all got same terms and opportunities. I will beat all on track or offtrack whatever will possible.” Nice words from one of our driver!!!🤔

I whant to play clean f1 racing to enjoy or races...but like this is not possible !!!!!

this are idiots codmasters has to penalize drivers like this from the game!!! if there can not play there will understand what we want.

please try help we hav to sold this problem sos possible catting the truck completely 

thanks for all

55861061_424718771608393_2353235533783629824_n.jpg

I know Konstantin and athers now there are in my group there dont understand what we whant!!! clean racing for all

hi all , what was happened this weekend,??? how was this possible?? this to drivers KONSTANTIN -and MADMAN play with as ....they are thrilling the game, there are proud to be cheating, tighten up with us, there told that. "

this are idiots codmasters has to penalize drivers like this from the game!!! if there can not play there will understand what we want. there are in the last 5 events in the front and cheating the game cuts the ruck !!!

please try help we hav to sold this problem sos possible catting the truck completely !!

thanks for all

facebook.com/bruce.e.govender/videos/10218991001555581/?t=7.  i dont whant to se lap like this in the future events please!!!!!

56640120_2115987845163794_3194792490913759232_n.jpg

4 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

@ChrisGrovesMCM  - just to be clear, the zero sector 1 fault is an anomoly in the game not recording a Sector 1 time.  Players do not get a chance to record or approve their results.

I noticed the zero sector 1 anomoly practicing before the race and then saw it appear in the Leaderboard. I was curious so then spent a couple of hours trying to isolate root cause as reported here.  So this could happen without the player noticing until the final  Qualification results are set.  Even then, the race portion substantionally levels this bug out as evidenced by none of those times making it into the top results.

But there is evidence some gained advantage via substantial off track driving taking  2+ seconds off every lap or apparently more than 20 seconds for the race portion.  This is what I think is upsetting to some of the most enthusiastic players.  

The EULA addresses this point very clearly stating that it is a violation if someone utilizes “cheats” that influence and/or facilitate gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby grant you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods.

hi all , so all the best laős under 1.19..are not clean lap!!!! I am in the group from all front drivers , and I am admin there , I se all videos , cuts, !!!! so if codmasters whant to do great job there delete this times !! thanks... for the future please check with one topp racer what is possible with clean setup on on event qualifying !!!  and under this time you now what to do thanks, I hope you will sold this problem sos possible , KONSTANTIN - MADMANN!!!!!!!!  thanks

• Agree 1

Ok, so there was a timing bug that caused the sub-1 minute lap times. However, the track limit thing is an even larger issue. I know Chris said they're going to try to look into it. It's certain that the next event is going to be compromised by people that do this as well. Just like lots of people on this thread have said, I want to play fair, but it makes me not want to even play if I know my best effort is going to be beat by 5-10 full seconds.

That guy Konstantin posts regularly on Reddit under a different name, and he said after posting his video of a 1:17 on Bahrain where he drove outside of the track limits that he was going to play fair in the event. He clearly went back on his word as his 1:17 is on the event leaderboard, and we all know a more realistic time for that track is 1:25 give or take a few seconds. 

I agree with Slayton on the parts problem as well. To upgrade my steering I need to collect 125 more steering cards. Do you know how many hundreds of cards I've opened that aren't steering cards? And then what will it do if I do get them? Upgrade the part by 4 points? That won't make a difference. Ugh....

It just speaks to a much larger problem in that this game has a massive amount of issues, and it was not thoroughly tested before it was released last fall. It absolutely feels like it was rushed to market before it was ready.

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, xdakota80x said:

Ok, so there was a timing bug that caused the sub-1 minute lap times. However, the track limit thing is an even larger issue. I know Chris said they're going to try to look into it. It's certain that the next event is going to be compromised by people that do this as well. Just like lots of people on this thread have said, I want to play fair, but it makes me not want to even play if I know my best effort is going to be beat by 5-10 full seconds.

That guy Konstantin posts regularly on Reddit under a different name, and he said after posting his video of a 1:17 on Bahrain where he drove outside of the track limits that he was going to play fair in the event. He clearly went back on his word as his 1:17 is on the event leaderboard, and we all know a more realistic time for that track is 1:25 give or take a few seconds. 

I agree with Slayton on the parts problem as well. To upgrade my steering I need to collect 125 more steering cards. Do you know how many hundreds of cards I've opened that aren't steering cards? And then what will it do if I do get them? Upgrade the part by 4 points? That won't make a difference. Ugh....

It just speaks to a much larger problem in that this game has a massive amount of issues, and it was not thoroughly tested before it was released last fall. It absolutely feels like it was rushed to market before it was ready.

They have already posted the first video of a shortcut for the China event. I expect there will be more to follow.

The only good thing is that its 2 weeks away, so that gives Codemasters time to block the shortcut

• Agree 2

18 hours ago, xdakota80x said:

Hey there - more discussions have taken place regarding this topic yesterday and today. Changes can be made remotely to the likes of track limits and penalties, meaning we can make these adjustments without a patch, before the China GP Event next weekend.

Exploits such as those that an extremely small amount of players are finding are common in similar titles - it's a constant cat-and-mouse chase. However, between now and next weekend the team will be looking to see what can be changed to further reduce the chances of corner cutting in races. Thank you 🙂 

• Agree 2

Very sad to see it is necessary to burn development and test time on this.  History indicates there will likely be unintended side effects.

Maybe just ask the top 5-10 GP players to produce a video showing they substantially respected staying on track to make the time.  No video = times deleted. No more cat and mouse. Less than an hour to judge. No wasted development time. No more motivation to game the game.

On 4/2/2019 at 5:30 AM, xdakota80x said:

A quick calculation shows that my common parts are around 2,800 short of reaching maximum. That's a massive number of race wins to achieve enough boxes to get something that is useless anyway. What was the logic behind raising the Max level to 450 for a steering wheel that does nothing? The inspiration to drive daily is now gone, since I can't possibly reach those 2,800 by winning boxes that contain 3 parts. And I must reiterate..... Why would I want to?