WHY ARE THERE NO FORUM SUBSECTIONS FOR DIFFERENT PLATFORMS?

Posted (edited)

Just wondering why there are no sub sections for different platforms? I have answered so many peoples questions only to find they are on PlayStation or X-Box as they have not specified which platform they are on!

Cant be that hard to have a "console" subsection and a "PC" subsection as they both have unique game properties and different problems.

Edited by AnthonyLee59
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Lets be honest. CM don't overly care. They have a monopoly. A proper forum would be structured by Tittle (year), Platform & Subject Area. Just look the model. Release game, collect cash, release a couple of small patches, don't address & fix bugs, don't answer a large majority of technical questions, move on to next version, release game, collect cash...

Lumping everything together in hope some things get buried & forgotten 😉

Edited by Coanda
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I am tending to agree with you..

I also play Assetto Corsa Competizione and the forums there are well structured with specific sub forums for different aspects of the game and the devs and moderators are constantly on answering people's questions. Codemasters seem to spend more time on Twitter tweeting about the REAL F1 than where they should be on here helping us with our problems.

Yeah Kunos team/devs rock! They really do care. They engage, give free content, fix bugs & have great simulation products for cheap prices. 

I have raised this so many times. Beats me why they haven’t implemented this in the new forum. Also makes the life of the devs easier to figure out the bugs on each platform.

People don't post bugs in the right place as it is, when they have a 50:50 chance of getting it right. God help us if they have to choose between more options...

Posted (edited)

Don’t agree with you Wildcat. Allthough the moderators should partly fix misplaced topics it saves those who search a lot of time if they can search dedicated subforums. Next to this will it make the lives of the devs easier to pin-point specific bugs related to a specific platform. However, and that’s were I agree with you; it has to be placed in the right section.

Edited by 1512marcel