DiRT Rally 2.0 Road Book - 20/03/19

Original post here: http://blog.codemasters.com/community/03/dirt-rally-2-0-road-book-20-03-19/ 

Hi all, and welcome back to the DiRT Rally 2.0 Road Book! It’s been a busy few weeks here; we’ve been working around the clock to bring you Season One’s new content, as well as working through your feedback and working on our first patch for DiRT Rally 2.0. We hope you’ve been loving playing the game so far, and we’re excited to bring you the first wave of fixes and changes!

Today, v1.2 releases at 11am – at which point, RaceNet will go down for maintenance – so please make sure you’re not playing the game when 11am comes around as it could compromise your event times uploading to the server. We’re expecting to be back up and running by 12pm, so don’t worry – it’ll be a maximum of an hour’s down time before you can get back to being DiRTy!

For those of you keen to know what today’s update will bring, the full list of notes is below:

• Stability improvements across all modes

• Prevented negative times from posting to leaderboards
• OSD Dial can now be enabled in headcam
• New engine audio for Citroen C3 R5 and Ford Mustang GT4
• ‘Upgraded’ trophy/achievement will now unlock
• Darkness issue resolved when using interior cameras
• Softlock will no longer occur if user owns too many vehicles
• Proximity indicators are now available for rallycross
• Prevented exploit for claiming rewards multiple times
• Podium counter will now correctly update in My Team
• Prevented audio cut outs
• Joker Lap cut-scene is now skippable
• Custom online will no longer disconnect users in specific conditions
• Improvements and corrections to text (all languages)
• Improvements to subtitle content
• Accented characters will be entered correctly in user text fields

Please let us know if you’ve seen anything slip through the cracks on the official bug report threads for v1.2, which can be found in the usual places on Steam and on our forums. We’re always listening on our social media channels too, so if there’s anything you’re concerned about – you know where to find us.

Server-side, we’ve also tuned frequency of night stages and bad weather stages. We know a lot of you were reporting that the occurrence of dark/wet stages was a little too frequent, so we’ve done some tweaking to ensure a few more dry and day stages.

For those of you who are questioning the size of the patch: some good news! Even if you’re not a Deluxe Edition user, you will be able to access the new environments in multiplayer. So, for example: if one of your friends has set up a rally lobby with Monte Carlo – you too will be able to enjoy Monte Carlo, even if you haven’t bought Monte Carlo! We can’t promise you’ll be any better at it than your pals – after all, you’ll have slightly less practice – but we wanted to make sure we weren’t restricting multiplayer lobbies by cutting people off to this content.

Once our new locations are out, we’re also planning on running some taster Community Events – so stay tuned for when they’ll start to happen too.

Finally: as we’ve mentioned on our forums, we’re continuing to investigate the concerns some of you have raised with FFB. We’re taking your feedback incredibly seriously, and we are giving this the time and investigation it deserves. We know we need to strike a fine balance between the large number of players who are happy with the FFB, and those of you who want an experience closer to the original DiRT Rally. We’ll continue to keep you informed of our progress – and once we’re happy with the update, we’re hoping to announce plans which will enable some of you to playtest it before we roll it out to everyone.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6
  • Disagree 2

Thanks for your work Codies!!!!

Waht's the size of the patch actually? Seems I won't be able to play tonight if it's such a big one...

• Like 1

@ChristinaMc is there any word on correcting the running order? At the moment champ leader runs 30th on the road on day 1, and rally leader runs 30th on the road on subsequent days, therefore the stage deg system isn't being showcased very well.

I believe the intention was to have championship leader running first on the road on day 1?

• Agree 1

Has the graphics been fixed on consoles Christina? I know we will find out soon enough but would be good to know right now. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, ChristinaMc said:

We know we need to strike a fine balance between the large number of players who are happy with the FFB

809bfbc3-bc7a-41b7-b68c-fa126a8896c1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 9
  • Disagree 2

13 minutes ago, Decks said:

if you sold betas for consoles then only black humor can save you......

Edited by cflot
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

13 minutes ago, Decks said:

Have Codemasters even played any other racing games this gen, Using Dirt Rally 1 for the benchmark of FFB is MINDBLOWING!!!!!! 

Edited by FLAW3D
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

16 minutes ago, Decks said:

FFB is a joke some options are unaccessible as in sliders are visible but can't be adjusted and some are missing altogether,on Xbox anyway.could you just admit only centering force is active?

• Disagree 2

Dear Miss ChristinaMc I am pleased to see that, as always, your commitment to solving the problems that the community is reporting to you is very high. I thank you all for the commitment and dedication you put into your work.

Many thanks, keep up the good work!

Best regards!

• Agree 6
  • Disagree 2

For those complaining about the FFB. Try a tactile system such as the Buttkicker Gamer 2. It solved the FFB for me.

FFB in 2.0 is just different. Not bad, just different than DR1.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 2

1 hour ago, LutzM said:

Waht's the size of the patch actually?

3.6g on steam - Deluxe Edition

Edited by SkiddyMcCrash
Version Clarity
  • Like 1

Thank you for this patch very much. That is exactly what I wanted to be fixed. Honestly, I like night driving very much but I am not a vampire. I would like to drive during the sunny day or beautiful sunset (by the way, this sunset you made is wonderful). This patch is really helpful because I don't want to choose exact location, stage, weather, etc. I just choose 'Random Championship' (outstanding option, something I have always wanted to be in your game) and drive. Great job. Let's keep it that way.

And here is my own screenshot from rally in Poland with my favourite Volkswagen Golf GTI mK II. I hope you will like it. 😀 

DiRT Rally 2.0 Poland.jpg

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Thank you for this patch very much. That is exactly what I wanted to be fixed. Honestly, I like night driving very much but I am not a vampire. I would like to drive during the sunny day or beautiful sunset (by the way, this sunset you made is wonderful). This patch is really helpful because I don't want to choose exact location, stage, weather, etc. I just choose 'Random Championship' (outstanding option, something I have always wanted to be in your game) and drive. Great job. Let's keep it that way.

And here is my own screenshot from rally in Poland with my favourite Volkswagen Golf GTI mK II. I hope you will like it. 😀 

DiRT Rally 2.0 Poland.jpg

Dam that still looks insanely blurry. 

@ChristinaMc Apologies, I did post this elsewhere, before seeing this thread.

Can you tell us if a FOV slider for the Xbox (and PS4) version is being worked on?

And if the bloom effects on Xbox are going to be reduced or a slider introduced?

Thank you!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

Has the graphics been fixed on consoles Christina? I know we will find out soon enough but would be good to know right now. 

On PS4 the graphics are the worst of all dirt games
I have paid a lot of money for the Deluxe because I expect a good game

A thing to keep in mind is that the Xbox One X is quite more powerful than PS4 Pro (Xbox came almost a year later and is more expensive) and this might be the reason why PS4 graphics look a bit worse, to compensate for FPS. Guess the blur just needs to be dimmed down a bit.

Resultado de imagem para xbox one x vs ps4 pro teraflops 

Edited by Riggs

18 minutes ago, Riggs said:

A thing to keep in mind is that the Xbox One X is quite more powerful than PS4 Pro (Xbox came almost a year later and is more expensive) and this might be the reason why PS4 graphics look a bit worse, to compensate for FPS. Guess the blur just needs to be dimmed down a bit.

Resultado de imagem para xbox one x vs ps4 pro teraflops 

We are not comparing it to the X we are comparing it to a 3 year old DIRT RALLY!! Lets not turn this into a fanboy for gods sake!! 

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, doyaneedthis said:

Maybe a daft question but i have just installed the update however i cant see Monte is this normal ?

The Monte will release next week; on Tuesday.

Edited by Civarello

10 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

We are not comparing it to the X we are comparing it to a 3 year old DIRT RALLY!! Lets not turn this into a fanboy for gods sake!! 

lol why are you even raising the fanboy argument. I don't own neither console and I couldn't care less about that nonsense console fanboyism. I'm just stating facts and trying to find a plausible reason on why the graphics on the Xbox One X look sharper than the PS4 Pro. You can't compare this game to DiRT Rally, because as you said, it's 3 year old (more if you consider EA) and 3 years makes a huge difference, not to mention the inclusion of other stuff.

The graphics on DR may be good enough but the lighting is a joke, and just that is enough to take a good chunk of performance from the game for a return of better lighting and realism. Overall, DR2.0 looks way better than DR, there's no discussion about that. What's being brought to the table is the blurriness on the consoles. It's not happening on PC and apparently not in Xbox One X, both with superior hardware.

Graphics have always been variable throughout the years between consoles and PC, that's no news and it's not of today. It would be easier for Codies to just dim down the graphics a little bit to fix the blur and keep the image sharp, but then people will cry that it's not the resolution they wanted. Well, blame the consoles not the game lol.

If there's a significant different from Xbone X and PS4 Pro, then you need to blame Sony not Codemasters.

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1