Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRT Rally 2.0 Road Book - 20/03/19

11 minutes ago, Riggs said:

lol why are you even raising the fanboy argument. I don't own neither console and I couldn't care less about that nonsense console fanboyism. I'm just stating facts and trying to find a plausible reason on why the graphics on the Xbox One X look sharper than the PS4 Pro. You can't compare this game to DiRT Rally, because as you said, it's 3 year old (more if you consider EA) and 3 years makes a huge difference, not to mention the inclusion of other stuff.

But to be fair, both DR 1 and DR 2.0 run at a native 1080p on the PS4/Pro; I guess the reason why DR 2.0 especially is so blurry is TAA; on PC you can turn it off and have much clearer visuals; on consoles it´s not possible. Maybe Codemasters could  try to implement a different kind of AA on the PS4Pro; 2xMSAA should be doable; especially at 1080p. Even FXAA or SMAA should deliver a clearer picture than TAA in DR 2.0; even though it somewhat blures the visuals as well; but not as much as TAA does at the moment.

But of course I don´t know how AA is implemented into the engine; might be too much of a hassle to change.

7 minutes ago, Riggs said:

lol why are you even raising the fanboy argument. I don't own neither console and I couldn't care less about that nonsense console fanboyism. I'm just stating facts and trying to find a plausible reason on why the graphics on the Xbox One X look sharper than the PS4 Pro. You can't compare this game to DiRT Rally, because as you said, it's 3 year old (more if you consider EA) and 3 years makes a huge difference, not to mention the inclusion of other stuff.

The graphics on DR may be good enough but the lighting is a joke, and just that is enough to take a good chunk of performance from the game for a return of better lighting and realism. Overall, DR2.0 looks way better than DR, there's no discussion about that. 

Im raising it as no one wanting the Pro game to look as good as the X yet your posting hardware specs.

DR 2.0 does not look as good as DR on the majority of platforms. And of course that will create a discussion about it. 

I think the idea of letting people have access in multiplayer to content they don't own is fantastic and a very smart move in my view. Thanks for the hard work, Codies! 🙏  

@ChristinaMc

camerashakingslider is still not working, if i set it to zero it makes no difference.  and of course i use dashcam,no bonnet.  any info if that will be fixed in next patch?

Here we go again, just updated now H.E pedals are not recognized at all, also a problem with the H.E handbrake, on a second rig which uses a Leo Bodnar board to

run a button box as well as a handbrake this also now wont pick up any axis movement. I have gone from a few bugs to now unplayable. Great work.

1 hour ago, Decks said:

809bfbc3-bc7a-41b7-b68c-fa126a8896c1.jpg

Infine: come abbiamo menzionato nei nostri forum, continuiamo a indagare sulle preoccupazioni che alcuni di voi hanno sollevato con la FFB. Stiamo prendendo molto sul serio il tuo feedback e stiamo dando a questo il tempo e le indagini che merita. Sappiamo che dobbiamo trovare un equilibrio tra il grande numero di giocatori che sono felici con la FFB e quelli di voi che vogliono un'esperienza più vicina al DiRT Rally originale. Continueremo a tenerti informato sui nostri progressi e, una volta soddisfatti dell'aggiornamento, speriamo di annunciare piani che consentiranno ad alcuni di voi di provarlo prima di distribuirlo a tutti.???????????????????????????????????? 

so the problem is to favor those users who want a ruined game ??? fix the FFB or you will lose many customers. shameful!

1 minute ago, teknoid85 said:

@ChristinaMc

camerashakingslider is still not working, if i set it to zero it makes no difference.  and of course i use dashcam,no bonnet.  any info if that will be fixed in next patch?

It does work. If you set it to zero the camera becomes fixed to the anchor causing more shaking. If you want less shaking you should turn camera shaking all the way up, so the camera compensates for the anchor.

It's just the semantics used in the settings that makes it confusing.

1 minute ago, chukonu said:

It does work. If you set it to zero the camera becomes fixed to the anchor causing more shaking. If you want less shaking you should turn camera shaking all the way up, so the camera compensates for the anchor.

It's just the semantics used in the settings that makes it confusing.

yeah,i noticed that but  still remains shaky   and i don't understand why we should have a "Cameravisual"  when we are in the car.......  for bonnet ok, but inside i want  a "drivervisual" , not visuals from  a camera fixed sturdy somewhere in the car.....

Almost 10GB and for this?

I'm done.  I'm out.  You apparently no longer know what you're doing with this franchise.

The Vaseline all over the game on at least one console hasn't even been addressed much less an improvement attempted; and that's to say nothing of the myriad more fundamental issues others have expressed.

It's frankly not playable or for that matter worth playing and this entire release has been shambolic.

A fiercely loyal supporter since a young Colin McRae fan in 1998 and you've lost me with a single title, having blown me away with everything about the first Dirt Rally.

Thank God his name isn't attached to this shallow incompetent dreck.

The game is an insult.

Don't spend the money all on sweets Codemasters because it'll be the last you'll see from me, you've lost a customer for life.

Good luck.

2 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

We know we need to strike a fine balance between the large number of players who are happy with the FFB, and those of you who want an experience closer to the original DiRT Rally.

I think it’s the other way around, just saying. A large portion of us dislike the FFB, those who do like it in this incarnation are the minority - this is plain to see when looking at all the social media platforms.

@ChristinaMc Apparently people will be rioting again because of the adjusted FFB to satisfy both people lol. Anyway, I thought the FFB was supposed to get fixed and not just adjusted to fit DR and DR2.0 playerbase. We haven't had any confirmation wether the current FFB was supposed to be like this (with no road vibrations). I must reiterate once again, that the center forces ARE correct. It's simply the vibrations that are missing.

Either way, if you're still going to do a DR vs DR2.0 FFB, then rather separate it into two profiles from where people can choose which one to use instead of blending both together in case it turns out to be worse.

This is a very sensitive matter, so best of luck.

i like how the cars handle on gravel its better than dirt rally 1. so i hope they dont ruin that. dirt rally 1 the cars were like aero planes this game they are more realistic. i want people to have a decent ffb but i also dont want the gravel experience ruining what we already have.

please for the love of ***** christ leave of wind screen wipers ! in rainy conditions fair enough but in dry desert conditions or sunny days just have it so they cant be enabled fullstop.

as riggs has put above let people choose between what they want to use.

1 minute ago, dgeesi0 said:

i like how the cars handle on gravel its better than dirt rally 1. so i hope they dont ruin that. dirt rally 1 the cars were like aero planes this game they are more realistic. i want people to have a decent ffb but i also dont want the gravel experience ruining what we already have.

please for the love of ***** christ leave of wind screen wipers ! in rainy conditions fair enough but in dry desert conditions or sunny days just have it so they cant be enabled fullstop.

i don't think  a forcefeedback fix will change the handling of any car,  these are two separate things imho

For me the most likely scenario is that they can't get surface texture effects working with the new deformation stuff and they're now either trying to get it to work or going into damage limitation mode by saying most people are happy with the FFB. Its been a really odd response from them from day one. 

1 minute ago, Decks said:

For me the most likely scenario is that they can't get surface texture effects working with the new deformation stuff and they're now either trying to get it to work or going into damage limitation mode by saying most people are happy with the FFB. Its been a really odd response from them from day one. 

Don't think it has anything to do with that, as the difference in the FFB is noticeable throughout different track degradations.

29 minutes ago, RIPCodies said:

I'm done.  I'm out.  You apparently no longer know what you're doing with this franchise.

Ok, you clearly not understand a thing from games, also because its your first post.

The 10gb is for the new locations and cars that are coming.

Go cry somewhere else, booohoooo.

For all you other phucking whiners, CM is busy with updating. Things take time. No point of constantly tagging CM employees in the text. They are watching these forums. Christina has been a week off, and now she is back and has replied to multiple things. 

CM never confirmed they will update EVERYTHING. So if something is not in the list, it is NOT updated.

36 minutes ago, RIPCodies said:

Monte Carlo DLC 😤

For all you other phucking whiners, CM is busy with updating. Things take time.

Erm yeah we have waited nearly a month for this patch which hasnt fixed any of the main issues brought up. 

l'FFB ha messo in discussione non c'e problema di ritorno di forza sul volante, il problema è che non ci sono vibrazioni, non si sente il terreno! difficile da capire o apriamo un nuovo asilo in UK? la patch è corretta la probabilità della pioggia? bene,  4 day events = 4 rally sotto la pioggia! sembra una barzelletta. la grafica su ps4 è ottimizzata maschile, l'ambiente circostante si vede sfocato, nessuna miglioria, la pioggia nessuna miglioria. quanti utenti vuole perdere i codemasters prima di maggio? questo gioco non vale 90 euro deluxe, dopo la delusione dirt4 e questo dirt rally molto acerbo (il potenziale c'e) molte persone ci penseranno 20 volte prima di darvi fiducia.Entro un mese inizia a contare le persone che hanno messo in vendita dirt rally 2.0

41 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

@ChristinaMc

tyre slip and engine are still greyed out in ffb settings

This patch doesn't include any FFB changes.

2 minutes ago, Riggs said:

This patch doesn't include any FFB changes.

ok but that's not a ffb change,but a ffb setting that is missing

52 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

@ChristinaMc

tyre slip and engine are still greyed out in ffb settings

Because they’re effects only intended to apply to gamepads.

1 hour ago, Riggs said:

The graphics on DR may be good enough but the lighting is a joke, and just that is enough to take a good chunk of performance from the game for a return of better lighting and realism. Overall, DR2.0 looks way better than DR, there's no discussion about that. What's being brought to the table is the blurriness on the consoles. It's not happening on PC and apparently not in Xbox One X, both with superior hardware.

I 100% agree with this. 

I'm playing on X1X and whilst the graphics are undoubtedly better than both the previous Dirt games the really poor (enforced) lighting effects are dragging it down to a point where overall visual quality appears worse than previous games. Subtle lighting looks absolutely fantastic when done correctly (FH4, BF1, Gravel) but at the opposite end of the scale, in your face glaring bloom effects with only a HDR brightness slider to control that level of intensity completely destroys immersion levels. It's just not fun (and I dare say not very healthy on the eyes) continually squinting to try and gain a little visual definition.

Oh well, c'est la vie... One day someone other than SMS will recognise that certain effects aren't to everyone's taste and subsequently offer a wealth of options to tweak some of these more obtrusive effects.