DiRT Rally 2.0 Road Book - 20/03/19

2 hours ago, Riggs said:

A thing to keep in mind is that the Xbox One X is quite more powerful than PS4 Pro (Xbox came almost a year later and is more expensive) and this might be the reason why PS4 graphics look a bit worse, to compensate for FPS. Guess the blur just needs to be dimmed down a bit.

Resultado de imagem para xbox one x vs ps4 pro teraflops 

A lot is overbloated. Just a bit more powerful. In PC term they're still in the same tier. It's kind of the difference between a Nvidia 1070 & 1070Ti which is hardly that much different.

Although the difference between the XBOX 360 & PS3 was massive, but yeah(360 almost twice more powerful or in a different tier)... Fanboys still blind regardless...  

@ChristinaMc I don't see anything in the patch notes about the stuttering issue with some USB devices many, many users have posted about (here, Reddit, and Steam.) Was this not addressed? If not, will it be? Thanks very much.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SquadBruce said:

Imagine being in a world where Force Feedback is the most important thing ever.

Imagine playing a rally SIM where force feedback isn't the most important thing.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

16 minutes ago, tvvang said:

Imagine playing a rally SIM where force feedback isn't the most important thing.

Done.

what next?

• Haha 3

Well. Patch installed on PS4 and as expected : no keyboard/button box support and no telemetry. Fits the release note sadly, no (good) surprises.

What does it take codies to implement something that already exists on PC ? For keyboard, it should be straightfoward. For UDP telemetry, it would be a matter of adding a dialog box so the player enters the IP destination. They did it for F1, why not for DiRT ?? Or even easier : UDP broadcast like pcars and thats it ! (but please, send all telemetry details so we can have motion....). For now I'll go back to other telemetry enabled games.

Cheers.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tvvang said:

Imagine thinking this is actually an all out SIM

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Sorry my mistake I thought it was a sim.as in dirt4 = arcade,dirt rally = sim.silly me

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Riggs said:

A thing to keep in mind is that the Xbox One X is quite more powerful than PS4 Pro (Xbox came almost a year later and is more expensive) and this might be the reason why PS4 graphics look a bit worse, to compensate for FPS. Guess the blur just needs to be dimmed down a bit.

Resultado de imagem para xbox one x vs ps4 pro teraflops 

Specs aside, I guess you just have to experience how bad it is on PS4 Pro to appreciate the level of critique and just how downgraded it looks on the platform compared to the much crisper experience of DR1. It is truly genius to get it to look so strange, almost like a cell shaded game in some areas. Anything not in the immediate area surrounding the car. i.e. the areas you focus on while driving are a smudge fest with little to no detail. Trees for example, not so far in front of you as to be where you are looking to go next, often looked to be just 2 coloured shaped blobs to represent the foliage, dark green, with a smaller light green section. Puddles and watermarks on the road the same. It looks like it's hand painted with a fat brush and a very limited colour pallet, and no colour mixing was allowed. It is the most odd experience they have managed to produce. For me It was so odd I ditched it for the P.C version and had to rebuild my 10 year old tower and my driving rig to accomodate it, it is now glorious in 4K, the windscreen rain effects when it is chucking it down are intense (on PS4 Pro the wipers go, you see fat shards of rain in front of you but you get next to nothing on windscreen for wipers to clear), the headlights work and I can actually see where I'm meant to be going. That said even on PC it struggles in some circumstances to maintain steady FPS, dark/rain/dust/ heavily crowded sections can cause it to chop in 4k without downgrading extensively some of the graphics options, and having worked through a range of settings to get it consistent and enjoyable in all situations, I can almost get it to look like the PS4 Pro version, just to see how low it had to go. I wonder if the Standard PS4 on a 1080p screen delivers a more acceptable experience.

Given my experiences I can see now why there will not be a PSVR update anytime soon.

32 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

Done.

what next?

Go on forum and try be funny.

Wait I see you've done that too, guess you can have a wee nap now. well played.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

35 minutes ago, tvvang said:

Sorry my mistake I thought it was a sim.as in dirt4 = arcade,dirt rally = sim.silly me

Do you actually genuinely believe this is a simulation? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SquadBruce said:

Who cares if this is a sim or not ? I'm having fun, and that's the only thing what matters.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

21 minutes ago, SquadBruce said:

the 1st dirt rally was tauted as a sim by CM themselves so you can understand my confusion thinking it would be.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

Dam that still looks insanely blurry. 

Ekhm. Yes. I know. That is because I took this photo with my phone because I wanted to send SMS to my friend. This way was more comfortable than printscreen and saving the photo and later choosing a file and finally attaching it to SMS to send it. I hope you understand me after my explanation. So don't worry. This game looks 100x better when you watch it on your own screen. 🙂

10 minutes ago, tvvang said:

the 1st dirt rally was tauted as a sim by CM themselves so you can understand my confusion thinking it would be.

The first one was good but even that wasn't really a SIM. Just the closest thing since RBR

There we go, the SimNotSim discussion has started. As a complete noob I'd like to know what's the definition of a simulation game and why DR2.0 is failing to meet the criteria. Maybe something founded, beyond your opinion. 

• Agree 2

Less talking, more driving.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Riggs said:

Less talking, more driving.

I wish 😁

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, richie said:

There we go, the SimNotSim discussion has started. As a complete noob I'd like to know what's the definition of a simulation game and why DR2.0 is failing to meet the criteria. Maybe something founded, beyond your opinion. 

I am sure there is a definition out there that will use buzz words like 'fidelity' and 'realism' but personally when I think of the term 'Sim' i think it refers to a game that requires the player to build a skill that is different and separate from all the other games in a similar genre. This skill takes time to learn and years to master. I suppose you could compare with this; the difference between playing Guitar on rock band to playing guitar in real life. Rock band is designed for the masses. The guitar was designed for the enthusiast.

Alright, that's your opinion, which I personally don't share. 

My point was probably lost but what I'm trying to get at is it's a game and not a real life SIM so people should stop expecting it to be and just enjoy what is in front of them 

• Confused 1

Not sure what you mean by 'real life SIM'. Now, if I open up the front diff in an AWD car, I get more oversteer. Is that not simulating diff mechanics?

• Agree 2

Ok, daily rallycross in trous rivieres, aaaaand heavy rain. As always. Did someone mentioned things changed?

also  the rain texture has not changed and the headlight make  the same poor amount of bright