DiRT Rally 2.0 Road Book - 20/03/19

5 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

also  the rain texture has not changed and the headlight make  the same poor amount of bright

Is it still pitch white with no transparency?

9 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

Original post here: http://blog.codemasters.com/community/03/dirt-rally-2-0-road-book-20-03-19/ 

Hi all, and welcome back to the DiRT Rally 2.0 Road Book! It’s been a busy few weeks here; we’ve been working around the clock to bring you Season One’s new content, as well as working through your feedback and working on our first patch for DiRT Rally 2.0. We hope you’ve been loving playing the game so far, and we’re excited to bring you the first wave of fixes and changes!

Today, v1.2 releases at 11am – at which point, RaceNet will go down for maintenance – so please make sure you’re not playing the game when 11am comes around as it could compromise your event times uploading to the server. We’re expecting to be back up and running by 12pm, so don’t worry – it’ll be a maximum of an hour’s down time before you can get back to being DiRTy!

For those of you keen to know what today’s update will bring, the full list of notes is below:

• Stability improvements across all modes

• Prevented negative times from posting to leaderboards
• OSD Dial can now be enabled in headcam
• New engine audio for Citroen C3 R5 and Ford Mustang GT4
• ‘Upgraded’ trophy/achievement will now unlock
• Darkness issue resolved when using interior cameras
• Softlock will no longer occur if user owns too many vehicles
• Proximity indicators are now available for rallycross
• Prevented exploit for claiming rewards multiple times
• Podium counter will now correctly update in My Team
• Prevented audio cut outs
• Joker Lap cut-scene is now skippable
• Custom online will no longer disconnect users in specific conditions
• Improvements and corrections to text (all languages)
• Improvements to subtitle content
• Accented characters will be entered correctly in user text fields

Please let us know if you’ve seen anything slip through the cracks on the official bug report threads for v1.2, which can be found in the usual places on Steam and on our forums. We’re always listening on our social media channels too, so if there’s anything you’re concerned about – you know where to find us.

Server-side, we’ve also tuned frequency of night stages and bad weather stages. We know a lot of you were reporting that the occurrence of dark/wet stages was a little too frequent, so we’ve done some tweaking to ensure a few more dry and day stages.

For those of you who are questioning the size of the patch: some good news! Even if you’re not a Deluxe Edition user, you will be able to access the new environments in multiplayer. So, for example: if one of your friends has set up a rally lobby with Monte Carlo – you too will be able to enjoy Monte Carlo, even if you haven’t bought Monte Carlo! We can’t promise you’ll be any better at it than your pals – after all, you’ll have slightly less practice – but we wanted to make sure we weren’t restricting multiplayer lobbies by cutting people off to this content.

Once our new locations are out, we’re also planning on running some taster Community Events – so stay tuned for when they’ll start to happen too.

Finally: as we’ve mentioned on our forums, we’re continuing to investigate the concerns some of you have raised with FFB. We’re taking your feedback incredibly seriously, and we are giving this the time and investigation it deserves. We know we need to strike a fine balance between the large number of players who are happy with the FFB, and those of you who want an experience closer to the original DiRT Rally. We’ll continue to keep you informed of our progress – and once we’re happy with the update, we’re hoping to announce plans which will enable some of you to playtest it before we roll it out to everyone.

No mention of changing the game ruining AI in higher difficulties, I’ve literally stoped playing because of this

Upgraded trophy is one fix, thanks, what about the Audi daily!!! It’s been reported MANY times so i hope that’s just an oversight when writing up the post

no mention of adding more leaderboard options, seems more common place that players like the idea of being able to separate wheels/controllers, also showing assists like in DR1 etc

It seems like some of those fixes should not have taken priority over some of the other things that need changing or fixing, hoping there’s another patch soon, thanks for the work that you’ve done though it’s appreciated, though let’s be real, this should be polished when we purchase the game, to add another note, why have I payed extra for deluxe if everyone else can just play the dlc free, I’m sure many won’t agree with that, unless your one of those players on the beneficial side of this, 🤔 do deluxe owners actually get anything the standard buyers don’t get or!!

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Shmeefly said:

to add another note, why have I payed extra for deluxe if everyone else can just play the dlc free, I’m sure many won’t agree with that, unless your one of those players on the beneficial side of this, 🤔 do deluxe owners actually get anything the standard buyers don’t get or!!

If you bought the content you own it and can have access any time you want, unlike someone who has to wait for their friends to be firstly online and secondly actually playing DR2.0. That's not exactly the same, is it?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

All one has to do is drive in some other games and one knows FFB needs help in this game!! I have wondered from the start if they intend to fix FFB, it would seem they released it the way they wanted it. 
PLEASE fix HANDBRAKE!! it worked in your previous games!!
Fix FFB and handbrake and this game will be legendary!!!!!!
maybe this is all they care about 

http://www.codemasters.com/esports-partnership-motorsportnetwork/

Edited by ch3sty
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Juve10 said:

Sadly the Achievement "Fire Up That Car... Again" is still not fixed.

hopefully we do not need to wait more weeks AGAIN for a new patch to fix it.

@CMMcBabe

@ChristinaMc

At least the other bugged Achievement has been resolved, I’m sure this one will come soon enough :classic_happy:

I remember a similar Top Tier Daily Achievement being bugged in DiRT Rally during its early days. Took a few weeks but it fired eventually.

Sadly I’ve got one on F1 2018 that’s been bugged for 6 months, but it seems to be something specific to my profile and not a general game bug, which is why it’s hard to resolve.

Edited by PJTierney
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, ch3sty said:

All one has to do is drive in some other games and one knows FFB needs help in this game!! I have wondered from the start if they intend to fix FFB, it would seem they released it the way they wanted it. 
PLEASE fix HANDBRAKE!! it worked in your previous games!!
Fix FFB and handbrake and this game will be legendary!!!!!!
maybe this is all they care about 

http://www.codemasters.com/esports-partnership-motorsportnetwork/

Handbrake fix falls under handling - which is its own team within Codies. You can imagine the impact handbrake changes have, it’s not simply a matter of making it more analog. The physics of the slide, wheel lock, rotation, center mass, and all car geometry that go along with it are impacted...so IF they FIX (agreed it needs fixing, it is a Rally game!!), it will come along with the FFB as they inextricably linked to one another.

On 3/20/2019 at 2:56 PM, michele2369 said:

The leagues/clubs, where are???????? 

to be honest I'd like to know it myself, can I ever believe that they won't be implemented for Dirt Rally 2.0? 😨

14 minutes ago, Black75 said:

to be honest I'd like to know it myself, can I ever believe that they won't be implemented for Dirt Rally 2.0? 😨

It's been mentioned a few times now that they will be making a return. I don't think anyone has given us a date yet, but the rumors are supposedly around the DLC1 release - so that could be around the Monte release time or at the end when we get Germany. It's a pretty big window, but it has definitely been confirmed to be making a come back. And don't worry, you aren't the only ones excited for it either!

• Thanks 1

I'm more excited and interested for the bug fix patches than the content itself tbh, even though I want to play Monte Carlo and all the others from DR1 asap, together with the comeback of the Impreza and Focus 2001. But I just want to see this game clear the mist by getting all those bugs sorted so that the community in general can have a pleasant experience and those who are in the gamble to purchase end up making the right move.

• Like 3
  • Agree 6