DiRT Rally 2.0 - V1.2 - found a bug? Post it here!

XBOX ONE X BUG: Yesterday, I played Dirt Rally 2.0 again, and sadly noticed that the bug, that's freezes the screen and leaving you with only a hard screaming sound, is still there (despite of the latest patch installed).

Where did I found the bug? It happend twice; in career mode, on one of the Argentina tracks, driving the Fiat. The first bug appears when driving half way of the track, the second bug happend when I almost finished the race. I had to force stop Dirt Rally 2.0, to go back to the Xbox One desktop and had to restart the game twice.

Also: The 'engine sound slider' still starts from 50% and can't be put lower.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, rob55 said:

Yesterday, I played Dirt Rally 2.0 again, and sadly noticed that the bug, that's freezes the screen and leaving you with only a hard screaming sound, is still there (despite of the latest patch installed).

Same thing happened to me on monday during a PS4 Time Trail run in New England.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SquadBruce said:

For anyone having trouble with darkness try playing about with the contrast on your tv. I haven't encountered a single problem with not being able to see other than when I smash my lights off 

53 minutes ago, Lollerke said:

As a temporary fix it is good, but since I can play other games and see everything, it definitely needs a little tuning I think. Adjusting the contrast will make other games will look worse.

Have you read my post explaining what is the problem about?

Those sectors are probably as dark as they should be. The thing is that the headlights doesn't work in day stages. IS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BRIGHTNESS. As i wrote in the previous post, if we increase the brightness it will allow us to see something in those dark sectors, but the whole game will become completely bright.

They HAVE to fix the headlights in day stages.

If you want to help devs to fix this game and all the people who spent hard earned money in this game, please pay attention on what you write.

Edited by Iwanczuk
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, Iwanczuk said:

Monte Carlo tunnel is completely dark, and maybe it is how it should be, but the problem is that headlights doesn't work in day stages. It's not a brightness problem, because if we increase the brightness it "fixes" the darkness but the other sectors of the stage and the whole game becomes too bright. This is a video from another guy with the same problem in another stage.

How could you release the game with such a bug, don't you have game testers, seriously?

Indeed, this just seems to be a global problem in the game, as it also happens in dark forest areas in New Zealand and Australia stages during the day and lights have no effect. Plus the HDR change implemented in patch v1.2 didn't fix anything, in turn it made things look worse. Rather than the tunnel, the other parts of the stage seem to be alright and the lights do work in those parts even during the day.

- Updated the bug list in the first page.

Edited by Riggs
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Indeed, this just seems to be a global problem in the game, as it also happens in dark forest areas in New Zealand and Australia stages during the day and lights have no effect. Plus the HDR change implemented in patch v1.2 didn't fix anything, in turn it made things look worse. Rather than the tunnel, the other parts of the stage seem to be alright and the lights do work in those parts even during the day.

- Updated the bug list in the first page.

It is a major bug, as we can see in the New Zealand video it completely ruins the gameplay, i would suggest you to put it at the top of the bugs list.

1 minute ago, Iwanczuk said:

It is a major bug, as we can see in the New Zealand video it completely ruins the gameplay, i would suggest you to put it at the top of the bugs list.

This has been reported since v1.1 and they know it hasn't been fixed yet, despite the failed attempt to globally adjust HDR values, don't worry 🙂

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Riggs said:

This has been reported since v1.1 and they know it hasn't been fixed yet, despite the failed attempt to globally adjust HDR values, don't worry 🙂

Ok, do you know if they have plans to improve tarmac physics, mainly in spain stages?

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Iwanczuk said:

Ok, do you know if they have plans to improve tarmac physics, mainly in spain stages?

There hasn't been any word about tarmac physics improvements. This is something that has been requested since DiRT Rally 1 and I guess if this ever happens it might be in a stage where this game is a bit more stable and clear of bugs. Right now the pressure is hard. That's something that maybe @ChristinaMc could shed some light about (or maybe not 😄 )

I hope theres space for such improvements throughout the service plan, besides content.

Edited by Riggs

2 minutes ago, Riggs said:

There hasn't been any word about tarmac physics improvements. This is something that has been requested since DiRT Rally 1 and I guess if this ever happens it might be in a stage where this game is a bit more stable and clear of bugs. Right now the pressure is hard. That's something that maybe @ChristinaMc could shed some light about (or maybe not 😄 )

I hope theres space for such improvements throughout the service plan, besides content.

I haven't noticed any bug in those spain stages despite the tarmac physics that feels like a hovercraft power sliding every corner. And as we can see on youtube spain stages video comments , i'm not the only one who feels that.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Lollerke said:

As a temporary fix it is good, but since I can play other games and see everything, it definitely needs a little tuning I think. Adjusting the contrast will make other games will look worse.

Yeah it's obviously not right for a lot of people but hasn't affected me on Ps4 although I know my brother struggles with his a bit.

Ps Downvoted for trying to help. I love this place 😂

13 minutes ago, Iwanczuk said:

I haven't noticed any bug in those spain stages despite the tarmac physics that feels like a hovercraft power sliding every corner. And as we can see on youtube spain stages video comments , i'm not the only one who feels that.

I'm talking about the overall game bugs, not spain related.

I noticed to that the tunnel in MC not had lighting shaders. Has nothing to with contrast of the tv.

• Agree 1

MAJOR bugs that are still killing the experience for me!

System: PS4 and PS4 PRO (tried on 3 different systems to validate bugs) with Logitech G29 (tested with 2 individual G29s to validate bugs).

1) Wheel loosing auto centering on game startup

This bug was carried over from Dirt and is definitely Dirt specific (this does not happen with games like Project Cars 1 & 2 or Assetto Corsa). The moment the loading screen comes up the auto centering of the FFB is gone. The only way to fix this, is changing users in the PS4 menu multiple times. Sometimes FFB auto centering comes on again, sometimes it takes a restart of the whole system and a second try. This is very painful for experienced players, but it´s also hurting new players, who don´t even know, that something is wrong with FFB making the game far less enjoyable to play.

2) Racenet losing connection when changing to PS4 screen and then returning error message "Not connected to PSN"

Racenet looses connection EVERY time the player switches to the PS4 menu screen. Back in the game, it is impossible to login to Racenet again as the constant message "Not connected to PSN Network" is displayed. However PSN IS connected and even logging out and back into PSN won´t change anything. Only a restart of the PS4 system and restart of Dirt 2 makes Racenet work again (only until you have to switch to the PS4 menu screen). This is SUPER annoying especially if you have to switch users in the PS4 menu to make the FFB auto centering work on the wheel (see bug 1 above). 🤯

Guys, these two PS4 bugs are a major issue, completely ruining the experience for the player.

Best

Nick

Edited by NickTac

Platform ps4

Career mode 

Argentina round 4 

Citreon c4 

Don't no if it's already been flagged up but when I quit to main menu and reload stage I have fully working lights that have previously lost in the last round also tyres are being reset to new I've noticed when doing the same thing when in the garage area.

1 hour ago, NickTac said:

MAJOR bugs that are still killing the experience for me!

2) Racenet losing connection when changing to PS4 screen and then returning error message "Not connected to PSN"

Racenet looses connection EVERY time the player switches to the PS4 menu screen. Back in the game, it is impossible to login to Racenet again as the constant message "Not connected to PSN Network" is displayed. However PSN IS connected and even logging out and back into PSN won´t change anything. Only a restart of the PS4 system and restart of Dirt 2 makes Racenet work again (only until you have to switch to the PS4 menu screen). This is SUPER annoying especially if you have to switch users in the PS4 menu to make the FFB auto centering work on the wheel (see bug 1 above). 🤯

Guys, these two PS4 bugs are a major issue, completely ruining the experience for the player.

Best

Nick

Interesting, I had no issues whatsover with Racenet. I am also logged in with a RaceNet account, so Maybe that helps?

Sound bugs in replays:

• engine sound falling silent for a few seconds repeatedly. This has always happened at the beginning of a stage, but now it happens a lot during the run. Thankfully only in replays.
  • as others have mentioned, sometimes tyre screeching on snow and the snow sound on tarmac (between ice patches)

edit: video

I also once had just a black screen instead of a replay. Sound was there and everything, just no video. Changing graphics settings/resolution and alt-tabbing didn't help. Thankfully only happened once but it was one of my very best runs and I really wanted to record it 😠

Edited by DocStrangelove

Ok so this game is unplayable for me on xbox one x with these black screens in the middle of stages... I try to finish the historic rally in New Zealand, waimarama Point Forward (night rain) but always got this damn black screen during this stage. This is very very disappointing. I paid the deluxe edition for this? Come on! What are you doing Codemasters? I deleted the game and reinstalled it, but it's the same, and all other games run fine on my device. You have to fix it quickly.

@ChristinaMc

28-03-2019_19-40-44-urlihxut.png

Edited by joulz75
  • Agree 1

Camino a Coneta the first hairpin left call by Phil comes too late to make the turn.  Went off there a few times (my pace notes are set to earliest possible)

• Agree 1

Other thing to fix in the french version, instead of "vider" (literally "empty") in the stage presentation for the weather you have to put "dégagé" (clear weather)...

• Agree 1

why are the flags at the finish line made of concrate ,you go perfect on a all lap ,and because the finish is on the turn you hiot on those and bam....

On 3/20/2019 at 11:31 AM, ChristinaMc said:
Hi all,

DiRT Rally 2.0 v1.2 releases at 11am today – at which point, RaceNet will go down for maintenance – so please make sure you’re not playing the game when 11am comes around as it could compromise your event times uploading to the server. We’re expecting to be back up and running by 12pm, so don’t worry – it’ll be a maximum of an hour’s down time before you can get back to being DiRTy!

For those of you keen to know what today’s update will bring, the full list of notes is below:

• Stability improvements across all modes

• Prevented negative times from posting to leaderboards

• OSD Dial can now be enabled in headcam

• New engine audio for Citroen C3 R5 and Ford Mustang GT4

• ‘Upgraded’ trophy/achievement will now unlock

• Darkness issue resolved when using interior cameras

• Softlock will no longer occur if user owns too many vehicles

• Proximity indicators are now available for rallycross

• Prevented exploit for claiming rewards multiple times

• Podium counter will now correctly update in My Team

• Prevented audio cut outs

• Joker Lap cut-scene is now skippable

• Custom online will no longer disconnect users in specific conditions

• Improvements and corrections to text (all languages)

• Improvements to subtitle content

• Accented characters will be entered correctly in user text fields

+ Server-side changes to weather/time of day frequency

Please let us know if you’ve seen anything slip through the cracks right here, on the official bug report thread for v1.2. 

Thanks,
Christina

Please work on the no Grip Bug it is very very annoying, it messes up the whole game, it is on every second stage no matter what venue!!!!

• Agree 1

5 godzin temu DocStrangelove powiedział:

Błędy dźwiękowe w powtórzeniach:

• dźwięk silnika zamilkł na kilka sekund. Aby zawsze działać na początku, ale teraz zdarza się dużo podczas biegu. Na szczęście tylko w powtórkach.
  • jak wspominali inni, czasem opony piszczą na śniegu, a śnieg na asfalcie (między łatami lodowymi)

edytuj:  wideo

Kiedyś tylko ekran zamiast powtórki. Dźwięk był tam i wszystko, po prostu brak wideo. Zmiana ustawień / rozdzielczości grafiki i tabulacji alt nie pomogła. Na szczęście zdarzyło się tylko raz, ale był do jednego z najlepszych biegów i naprawdę chciałem go nagrać  😠

This is also very important to me - the sound error occurs randomly. You can not record clips from the game. That's why I'm not playing, 

I am waiting waiting...