DiRT Rally 2.0 - V1.2 - found a bug? Post it here!

1 hour ago, saap said:

@ChristinaMc, very, very critical defect. I can't drive near trees. It can be reproduced only Monte Carlo stage's.

IMG_20190329_011621.jpg

something similiare happened to me in montecarlo,  i was hitting the finishline and puff, respawned and penalty time added, with no sense :S

• Agree 1

Stuck on starting line every 2 stages in career mode. I have to use a restart to get around this issue only trouble is 5 restarts so im having trouble in elite career with 10 stages I've no chance of completing masters with 12 stages...

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Mouldymadgit said:

Stuck on starting line every 2 stages in career mode. I have to use a restart to get around this issue only trouble is 5 restarts so im having trouble in elite career with 10 stages I've no chance of completing masters with 12 stages...

ahhh... the beloved "no-grip-bug"! I really hope it will be addressed soon. This and the missing FFB makes the game literally unplayable! 

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, AEbner said:

Please work on the no Grip Bug it is very very annoying, it messes up the whole game, it is on every second stage no matter what venue!!!!

This could be to do with tyre choices and track conditions during events, for example in the 2nd event in the 1st championship in historic rally. There are 3 stages before a service area, the 2nd one is wet, thus if you pick medium tyres you will do great on stages 1 and 3 but will struggle on stage 2.

• Disagree 5

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, matthewhorsman said:

This could be to do with tyre choices and track conditions during events, for example in the 2nd event in the 1st championship in historic rally. There are 3 stages before a service area, the 2nd one is wet, thus if you pick medium tyres you will do great on stages 1 and 3 but will struggle on stage 2.

yeah lets have a look...

well definitely not related to the tire choice! Its a car stuck on something... sometimes you actually can move of the starting line but the car drives with far less grip (and makes sounds) as if there is a big rock stuck underneath.

Edited by McRoessler
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, matthewhorsman said:

That's not what this is about. And following this order of ideas, this happened to me (but in a different manner) on the first stage of the event, check my Mitsubishi video a couple of pages ago.

This one

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 4

Another (minor) replay issue... in some replays, the driver will always look to the side. I don't mean the correct looking into corners, I mean the default centre position being sideways.

8 hours ago, McRoessler said:

yeah lets have a look...

well definitely not related to the tire choice! Its a car stuck on something... sometimes you actually can move of the starting line but the car drives with far less grip (and makes sounds) as if there is a big rock stuck underneath.

I feel pretty dissapointed that this is known issue and not fixed yet... I just had to retire from Monte Weekly becouse of it. As for now I had it every time I started 2nd OS in online event... Really dissapointed :(

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Here in Monte Carlo there are two invisible objects
They can easily be felt if you are driving from the right side of the road20190327020136_1.thumb.jpg.6730209ed19b49d08249d7b0b64bc7dc.jpg20190327020215_1.thumb.jpg.781c68fd8c2514060a3a89b6358287e7.jpg

And, in my opinion, the snowfall looks terrible
You have never seen him before ? :0
On the screenshot it looks fine but in the game itself ...
It's just huge white spots floating down the screen

Better without a snowfall than such ...
I would very much like you to correct this effect

And when the car goes into the snow, the effect is too small
Only light white dust rises
It is also not realistic (

Edited by StoryteIIer
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

If you drive through a tunnel in Monte Carlo, you will not hear an echo.
At the original track you can hear that
  • Agree 2

The random events stopped happening for me. It's been at least five championships in different classes now, both in career and free play, and I haven't seen a single drone or car on the side of the road for a long, long time. Wierd, I'm pretty sure it's a bug. I'm on PS4.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Leaderboards:

• "Go to top" doesn't work, it goes up 50 places or so max.
  • Switching to show friends doesn't show your own time
  • In weekly events, you can't see stage results, only event standings

I'm not even sure if the latter two are bugs, but I'd really like that to be fixed because I find it really annoying and I don't see any point in it being that way.

And while we're at it, I'd like it to show somewhere how many players have participated, so I can compare my rank to number of entries.

edit: platform: Steam

Edited by DocStrangelove
  • Agree 6

Posted (edited)

@ChristinaMc

Modern Classics is not unlocking. Despite having already finished two championships in Back to the 80s in first place (H2 and H3), it is still locked with the message “Achieve a top 3 finish in BACK TO THE 80S to unlock”.

Edit: a player on PC has confirmed having unlocked it by finishing a H3 Championship so I guess it may be a PS4 (or consoles) specific bug!

Edited by Mastoideu
  • Agree 1

Very often it turns off the sound, it is a bigger problem than the lack of ffb. Please Codemasters to solve so delicate a thing.

DxDiag.txt

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DocStrangelove said:

Leaderboards:

• "Go to top" doesn't work, it goes up 50 places or so max.
  • Switching to show friends doesn't show your own time
  • In weekly events, you can't see stage results, only event standings

I'm not even sure if the latter two are bugs, but I'd really like that to be fixed because I find it really annoying and I don't see any point in it being that way.

And while we're at it, I'd like it to show somewhere how many players have participated, so I can compare my rank to number of entries.

edit: platform: Steam

I guess 1st one is intentional to save server utilization. The 2nd one must be fixed, verry annoying for me.

Was there a patch to fix "no grip" bug? I've spent yesterday evening playing solo carrer and I didn't had it just once. I also see game now reports as V1.2.1, but I don't know how it was before.

Posted (edited)

Mitsubishi Space Star R5 in New Zealand flashes mirror uncomfortable, in other locations it doesn't.

Edit:

Stage Te Awanga Sprint Forward.

Edited by PetSild
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, Pioy said:

I guess 1st one is intentional to save server utilization. The 2nd one must be fixed, verry annoying for me.

Was there a patch to fix "no grip" bug? I've spent yesterday evening playing solo carrer and I didn't had it just once. I also see game now reports as V1.2.1, but I don't know how it was before.

The “Go To Top” button used to work properly, so it’s definitely now not working as intended.

if they aren’t able to get it to work as intended they should rename it.

Posted (edited)

I'm just going to summarize my most concerning bugs/issues with the game, not necessarily speaking for everyone else:

1. Audio is still cutting out randomly during a stage.  You just hear speaker clicks when manipulating menus.  Exiting to main menu fixes it. Being worked on
  2. AI R2 FWD times are not compensating nearly enough for Wet stages at Elite level.  They are not losing even 1s per km in full wet conditions.  They are doing close to dry human WR times and those people repeated those stages MANY times.  Requires that people restart the stage many times to minimize time loss unrealistically.
  3. There are quite a few pace note calls that come in completely too late, like the one in Argentina which I reported here two days ago (no chance to slow down before hairpin left after hearing the call). This results in having to memorize all stages. (which I suspect is 90% of Codemasters pacenote testing method, people that have memorized the stages)
  4. The handbrake is 90% digital, this is a problem, and unrealistic.  Requires full scale analog axis like in DR1.0 (it literally was brilliant in DR1)
  5. There is an imbalance on the tyre wear/sets vs Event length.  Essentially no tyre conservation, strategy, wear etc.
  6. Events are too short at 12 stages, no real "masters" rally is that short. (plays into the above)  Makes it worthless often to carry a spare wheel as well. Even in real life stages are run twice to extend the length of events.
  7. Damage is too light in Career mode, no Hardcore Damage option.
  8. FFB - Smaller details/feel are missing, as well as center feel, even with good adjustments. Being looked at
  9. Low: The reported stage start times seem incorrect. Often a time of 04:xx is shown but it's full daytime.  Likewise 16:xx is shown and it's night...
  10. Still too many night stages and wet stages overall.  Both should be the exception not the norm.  For example at Elite you usually (not always) have 3-4 wet stages and 3 night stages out of 10.  NOPE, not right.
  11. Low: Event summary view should have more details on each stage icon shown, currently you must scroll over each stage to see what daytime it is, what the surface conditions are and what the weather is.  This could be displayed visually and easily.  Some attempt was made but it's over simplified and thus useless (some weather / time icon is mixed, confusing)
  12. It's not possible to save more setups per car/event than the current 10 (really it's 1.1 setups per event in gravel).
  13. Low: When overwriting a setup it resets it's name instead of keeping the old name.
  14. It is not possible to examine your tyre wear between stages (only at service), and not possible to rotate your spares into use.
  15. Low: Most of the R2 Fiesta liveries are still messed up.  Being worked on
  16. Waiting for the servers when clicking through your Career is not fun.
  17. Low: Impossible to compare your Career stage time to world record times or even your own PB.
  18. Rain close to windscreen - the drops are too large and bright, especially at night.  Edit: Probably because there is an overhead/back light on the car for replays/external views?  Not sure, the rain is lit up by unknown light source.
  19. Low: Montecarlo ice sections IMO offer too much grip if it is clear ice, about 2x too much.
  20. In Multiplayer in Monte there are many completely skipped hairpin calls (reported in this thread earlier with video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zW8QDgRhlU ).
Edited by bn880
added a few more, and 2 more
  • Agree 8

Rallycross AI is pretty broken, on Elite I can be 5 seconds in the lead of my heat but still finish 16th overall in the qualifying session by 5 seconds deficit 

On 3/28/2019 at 10:45 AM, Riggs said:

Indeed, this just seems to be a global problem in the game, as it also happens in dark forest areas in New Zealand and Australia stages during the day and lights have no effect. Plus the HDR change implemented in patch v1.2 didn't fix anything, in turn it made things look worse. Rather than the tunnel, the other parts of the stage seem to be alright and the lights do work in those parts even during the day.

- Updated the bug list in the first page.

Anyone with an X1X (and a Samsung TV) could try this as an option:

(console): 4K - enabled / HDR disabled / YCC 4:2:2 enabled.

(TV - ext device manager): Game mode enabled / HDR color desabled*

(Game): Brightness 1.20 / 4K mode enabled.

*The only way i've found to keep this setting permanently disabled is to enable ycc 422 on console. 

What i've now found is that the darkness in daylight seems more manageable using the TV gamma settings but it doesn't solve the soft/blurry effect in Poland when the weather is anything but clear sky sunny and also has no effect on ultra-bright illumination of the sunrise/wet track scenario.

All in all though, if the weather pattern is favourable i'm personally having a more bearable time with five of the six locations. What I will add is that v1.0 (day one) is absolutely no different (in terms of lighting) than v1.2 and anyone with a physical copy can easilly check this for themselves.

I have another take on the lighting issue in which i'm not fully convinced that there is a correct transition (your eyes adjusting to change of brightness levels) when plunging from daylight to shadows. It seems to maintain the same level of darkness from the moment you enter these areas to the moment you leave.

Ocean Beach Sprint Forward. In Polish translation co-driver reads first hairpin as "prawy" (right) while it's left hairpin 🙂

im having trouble with the abs option keep turning off have to keep setting it to 0 then back to 5 at every stage yeah I know some people say they don't use it but ive a heavy foot on me pedals and when it don't work my cars all slide forward a lot and on tarmac is the worse. playing on pc in 4k 1080ti with g27 wheel.

6 hours ago, bn880 said:

I'm just going to summarize my most concerning bugs/issues with the game, not necessarily speaking for everyone else:

1. Audio is still cutting out randomly during a stage.  You just hear speaker clicks when manipulating menus.  Exiting to main menu fixes it.
  2. AI R2 FWD times are not compensating nearly enough for Wet stages at Elite level.  They are not losing even 1s per km in full wet conditions.  They are doing close to dry human WR times and those people repeated those stages MANY times.  Requires that people restart the stage many times to minimize time loss unrealistically.
  3. There are quite a few pace note calls that come in completely too late, like the one in Argentina which I reported here two days ago (no chance to slow down before hairpin left after hearing the call). This results in having to memorize all stages. (which I suspect is 90% of Codemasters pacenote testing method, people that have memorized the stages)
  4. The handbrake is 90% digital, this is a problem, and unrealistic.  Requires full scale analog axis like in DR1.0 (it literally was brilliant in DR1)
  5. There is an imbalance on the tyre wear/sets vs Event length.  Essentially no tyre conservation, strategy, wear etc.
  6. Events are too short at 12 stages, no real "masters" rally is that short. (plays into the above)  Makes it worthless often to carry a spare wheel as well. Even in real life stages are run twice to extend the length of events.
  7. Damage is too light in Career mode, no Hardcore Damage option.
  8. FFB - Smaller details/feel are missing, as well as center feel, even with good adjustments.
  9. The reported stage start times seem incorrect. Often a time of 04:xx is shown but it's full daytime.  Likewise 16:xx is shown and it's night...
  10. Still too many night stages and wet stages overall.  Both should be the exception not the norm.  For example at Elite you usually (not always) have 3-4 wet stages and 3 night stages out of 10.  NOPE, not right.
  11. Event summary view should have more details on each stage icon shown, currently you must scroll over each stage to see what daytime it is, what the surface conditions are and what the weather is.  This could be displayed visually and easily.  Some attempt was made but it's over simplified and thus useless (some weather / time icon is mixed, confusing)
  12. It's not possible to save more setups per car/event than the current 10 (really it's 1.1 setups per event in gravel).
  13. When overwriting a setup it resets it's name instead of keeping the old name.
  14. It is not possible to examine your tyre wear between stages (only at service), and not possible to rotate your spares into use.
  15. Most of the R2 Fiesta liveries are still messed up.
  16. Waiting for the servers when clicking through your Career is not fun.
  17. Impossible to compare your Career stage time to world record times or even your own PB.
  18. Rain close to windscreen - the drops are too large and bright, especially at night.  Edit: Probably because there is an overhead/back light on the car for replays/external views?  Not sure, the rain is lit up by unknown light source.

2 additional proplems for me

1. not solved stuttering, frame drop every few seconds due to HID reading problems 

2. hidden obstacles in Monte, probably too large hit boxes

Thanks for your sum up. Unfortunately after each patch it feels more like an early access but without proper communication to the community 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Only a slight sound issue which I'm sure will get sorted as time goes by.

But just in case I thought I would mention it here...

Going through part of Hell Norway the whine of the gearbox cuts out. It's a little bit annoying as this was my first Freeplay Rallycross against AI and it kind of put me off trying again

Edited by scottishjim
Trying to figure out how to post YT Video!