Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRT Rally 2.0 - V1.2 - found a bug? Post it here!

Platform : PC

Issue/Bug : all sound goes off except for gravel hitting the car

frequency : Random, but ONLY when playing the 'online only' career/daily events/monthly events, i have NEVER had this issue in TT mode, and i play mostly in TT mode

MM

21 minutes ago, mickeeiemouse said:

Platform : PC

Issue/Bug : all sound goes off except for gravel hitting the car

frequency : Random, but ONLY when playing the 'online only' career/daily events/monthly events, i have NEVER had this issue in TT mode, and i play mostly in TT mode

MM

This bug is due to be fixed in the next patch.

When turning the hud off you cannot recover the vehicle if well off track.

I haven't read the whole thread, but I didn't see it in the post which lists all the reported bugs.

In Career, I have a bug where I'm 1st in the stage with 22 seconds in front, but when seeing the leaderbord afterwards, I'm 2nd ..

See screenshots in attach.

I have this alot!

I just played further in Argentina and eventually got to 1st place, but in the last stage I crashed and lost 20 seconds while I only had a lead anymore of around 13 seconds. The guy on place 2 should have overtaken me in the ranking, but he stayed 2nd with a few seconds behind me. It didn't make any sense. I was glad I finished 1st, but it's difficult to know when I have to push or when I have some spare seconds left.

dr2_stagewon.jpg

dr2_stagewon2.jpg

16 minutes ago, w3bb0r said:

I haven't read the whole thread, but I didn't see it in the post which lists all the reported bugs.

In Career, I have a bug where I'm 1st in the stage with 22 seconds in front, but when seeing the leaderbord afterwards, I'm 2nd ..

See screenshots in attach.

I have this alot!

I just played further in Argentina and eventually got to 1st place, but in the last stage I crashed and lost 20 seconds while I only had a lead anymore of around 13 seconds. The guy on place 2 should have overtaken me in the ranking, but he stayed 2nd with a few seconds behind me. It didn't make any sense. I was glad I finished 1st, but it's difficult to know when I have to push or when I have some spare seconds left.

dr2_stagewon.jpg

dr2_stagewon2.jpg

Your first point is not a bug, but normal. You are not the last driver on the Stage. So there are other drivers still driving after you who can still beat your time. In your example G. Edwards drove after you, and he went even faster than you.

Onto your second point: The AI in the last couple of Rally-outings from Codemasters really weren´t the games strongpoints. The Rallycross-AI often thinks they´re racing in a Destruction Derby rather than Rallycross, and in Rally there are way too many occasions where the AI-Times don´t make any sense.

41 minutes ago, Civarello said:

Your first point is not a bug, but normal. You are not the last driver on the Stage. So there are other drivers still driving after you who can still beat your time. In your example G. Edwards drove after you, and he went even faster than you.

Didn't look at it that way yet, but still..

It's confusing as every other game and DR1 use the splits as you are the last driver on the stage. Never seen the current behaviour before.

Also the "class leader" in the left bar is confusing then, but then again is completely normal if you look at it how you told me now.

Thanks for clarifying, Civarello

30 minutes ago, w3bb0r said:

Didn't look at it that way yet, but still..

It's confusing as every other game and DR1 use the splits as you are the last driver on the stage. Never seen the current behaviour before.

Also the "class leader" in the left bar is confusing then, but then again is completely normal if you look at it how you told me now.

Thanks for clarifying, Civarello

No problem. Your point had come up multiple times since release. I don´t remember off the top of my head if there is a tooltip ingame that explains this. If not, it would have been good to implement such a tooltip. For the reason you stated; people aren´t used to how DR2.0 handles its end-results.

In my opinion there should be something like the tutorial, which would explain something like this and maybe other brand new content of gameplay (if it is included in the game) as it was in DR1.

13 minutes ago, Thierry97 said:

The patch I assume will come out with the April 9th dlc:classic_wink:???

Last I heard was that update 1.3 is planned to release in the week from April 15th to April, 21st (the week after the next was the official statement). If all goes well.

@Civarello I hope to fix the graphics so as to see in 1080p even on consoles with less power, since this is the first thing that is on the list.:classic_sleep:

PC, Rallycross career championship:

1. Some AI cars are floating above the ground:

bukdoXx.png

2. Game crashes frequently at the moment of looking to the left/right from the head camera, when standing on the rallycross grid, before the lights go out:

6NyYvbP.png

2 hours ago, Pistro said:

2. Game crashes frequently at the moment of looking to the left/right from the head camera, when standing on the rallycross grid, before the lights go out:

6NyYvbP.png

Whats in the Windows event log when the crash happens?

don't know if this bug has already been reported, but in RallyCross the car is stuttering when you cross the finish line

Windscreen don´t get dirty area where wipers (would) move when drive at dry gravel, wipers turned off (by pressing that button 2-3 secods). 
Is that reason why "Automatic Windscreen Wipers" setting not work at menus? No matter on/off.
Not a big deal but it would be realistic that whole windshield gets dirty, not just area where those wipers do not affect :classic_biggrin:
(PS4)

@Riggs , maby could add that to your buglist?

Gear selection issue: you have to change settings (H-shifter with clutch, sequential shifter or paddle shifter) in the menu each time you change car, in Dirt Rally 1 settings changed automatically when you selected car.

3 minutes ago, Mikkeli said:

Gear selection issue: you have to change settings (H-shifter with clutch, sequential shifter or paddle shifter) in the menu each time you change car, in Dirt Rally 1 settings changed automatically when you selected car.

That one is at suggestion box, hope devs read those
Can´t understand why this kind of thing is dropped.
https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35140-manual-h-pattern-clutch-or-sequential-option/

guys I was watching a video on youtube to hear the sound of the c3 r5 in the game and xbox one x and pc in the change the sound is different compared to other consoles, other vehicles I don't know, I hope they solve.:classic_sleep:

2 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

We've seen it! We're aware - there are a few other things slightly higher on the priority list at the moment, but it's on our wishlist. 

Hi Christina. And what about bugs I mentioned? Just to remind you, there is a problem with flag on the rock in Argentina, which suddenly appears (I posted video so you can watch it) and another problem is that lighting is changing in the USA (I also mentioned that so check it out for more details).

Hello

I use a motion simulator BlueTiger and in Dirt Rally 1.0 it work nice with change settings in hardwaresettings.xml.

My hardwaresettings.xml

<udp enabled="True" extradata="0" ip="127.0.0.1" port="57777" delay="1" />

But in Dirt Rally 2.0 it don't work correctly. I try to change with differents value in "extradata" (1 to 4)  but nothing.

Can you check for solve the problem or add a Extradata conform to previous extradata="0" in Dirt Rally 1.0  ?

Thank you.

Dash cam doesn't follow FOV setting. Why would that happen? Can't be a design choice, right? It would be the perfect cam to use with a wheel and sim-rig, but that crazy wide FOV makes it unusable, while the cockpit cam simply sits too far behind.

Any hope that this will be fixed?