DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

DiRT Rally 2.0 - V1.2 - found a bug? Post it here!

2 hours ago, matthewhorsman said:

Hi thanks everyone for your feedback regarding weather conditions in the daily/weekly/monthly challenges. The fix we made in the previous patch resolved event generation in 'My Team'. We are going to investigate the racing conditions for challenges and look to tweak them based off your feedback.

Hi. I think I have never seen you before. Are you from Codemasters or you are just a fan like we?

11 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Hi. I think I have never seen you before. Are you from Codemasters or you are just a fan like we?

Hmm, I think the "Staff Member" under his name gives it away.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Civarello said:

Hmm, I think the "Staff Member" under his name gives it away.

Matt is one of the producers working on DiRT Rally 2.0.  Please be nice to him.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CMMcBabe said:

Matt is one of the producers working on DiRT Rally 2.0.  Please be nice to him.

Cool! And you? Are you also the producer? Nice to contact with you. 😊

5 minutes ago, CMMcBabe said:

Please be nice to him

Only if he’s nice to us! 😉

1 minute ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Cool! And you? Are you also the producer? Nice to contact with you. 😊

I am the development QA lead.

2 minutes ago, CMMcBabe said:

Woow... Take a look at my topic 😆

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, CMMcBabe said:

That is cool. By the way, I would like to ask about bugs I found in the game (I posted it here so you can find that in 'found a bug? Post it here'.). I am not sure whether it has been fixed with the latest patch.

29 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

That is cool. By the way, I would like to ask about bugs I found in the game (I posted it here so you can find that in 'found a bug? Post it here'.). I am not sure whether it has been fixed with the latest patch.

I avoid saying what is/is not fixed in upcoming releases, that sort of thing is for official patch notes.

7 minutes ago, CMMcBabe said:

I avoid saying what is/is not fixed in upcoming releases, that sort of thing is for official patch notes.

OK. I understand. I know that fixing bugs is difficult especially when it comes to huge and 'complicated' games so what else could I say. Good luck. 

2 hours ago, DrPepper said:

Woow... Take a look at my topic

I feel like I’ve entered the twilight zone. So... Codies show at the forums and the first thing that occurs to you is to sell them “virtual windshield wipers”? Now I fully understand why they keep their distance... just in case it’s something contagious! 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Mastoideu said:

I feel like I’ve entered the twilight zone. So... Codies show at the forums and the first thing that occurs to you is to sell them “virtual windshield wipers”? Now I fully understand why they keep their distance... just in case it’s something contagious! 

Sorry ... I'm from a time when good humor existed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mastoideu said:

Exactly. Everyone has their own things they want sorted, but if they start spamming the staff members as soon as they appear, it's going to be counter productive. As much as I would love to know for example why unexpected moments stopped for many people on consoles, I know that there are generally more nagging issues among the community, like the ffb, no grip bug or blurriness...

• Agree 3

Hi guys, just got the game and a few items are a pain at time, apologies if repeating what has been said previously..... i am on xbox.

Firstly getting the odd sound cutout, secondly the slow speed understeer / grip is totally unrealistic, hairpins and 1 right/lefts are awfull, car just wont turn and finaly for now wet roads etc look like its been snowing, far to white.

I really enjoy the game so far but fixes to the above should be looked into.

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, DrPepper said:

Sorry ... I'm from a time when good humor existed.

You’ve got me wrong. I think it’s genius! It totally killed my idea of asking them to include bobblehead dogs on every car’s dashboard!!!

• Haha 2

@CMMcBabe

Considering that:

• We are under the topic “bugs found in v 1.2” initiated by Codemasters itself to get feedback from the Community;
  • This thread is now 19 pages long and expresses pretty much every concern felt by the players;
  • You are the QA lead (I’m assuming that QA stands for Quality Assurance, not Questions and Answers);
  • You won’t be saying what’s going to be fixed in upcoming releases;

Is there anything within your particular field of work that you’d be willing / allowed to share with us on this topic?

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, Mastoideu said:

You’ve got me wrong. I think it’s genius! It totally killed my idea of asking them to include bobblehead dogs on every car’s dashboard!!!

I believe that an idea (even if bad) is better for developers than a useless discussion like this one.

Just to be clear, I can't even imagine that QA Lead will see my topic. What I meant was nothing more than enthusiastic admired "hello"... thats all.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Mastoideu said:

@CMMcBabe

Considering that:

• We are under the topic “bugs found in v 1.2” initiated by Codemasters itself to get feedback from the Community;
  • This thread is now 19 pages long and expresses pretty much every concern felt by the players;
  • You are the QA lead (I’m assuming that QA stands for Quality Assurance, not Questions and Answers);
  • You won’t be saying what’s going to be fixed in upcoming releases;

Is there anything within your particular field of work that you’d be willing / allowed to share with us on this topic?

My team and I are regularly reading through this post, we will investigate issues and if they can be reproduced we will enter them on Jira.  We avoid saying when anything will be fixed to avoid breaking promises.  As to anything within my field of work, that is a big question.  There is a lot of my role that is not "find bugs".

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Xbox One X: I'm sorry to say that, again, the 'sound bug/screen freeze' happend to me 3 times last night - making this -otherwise so beautiful- game unplayable.

This made me decide to stop playing Dirt Rally 2.0, and I will wait for it to be fixed correctly. Really disappointed.

• Agree 1

Judging from posts on the forums, the bug with unexpected moments not appearing at all is not only limited to console players. There are also PC players who stopped experiencing drones, stranded cars etc. More and more people are affected, so any info on why the problem appears or if it is looked into would be much appreciated.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, CMMcBabe said:

My team and I are regularly reading through this post, we will investigate issues and if they can be reproduced we will enter them on Jira.  We avoid saying when anything will be fixed to avoid breaking promises.  As to anything within my field of work, that is a big question.  There is a lot of my role that is not "find bugs".

I’ve surely expressed myself wrongly (English is not my first language). When I asked if there’s anything in your field of work you could share with us it was in the context of the current topic / thread, where players have been reporting many of their problems (not necessarily bugs) with the game. Could you tell us anything about your findings, possible solutions, timings, etc.?

39 minutes ago, Mastoideu said:

Could you tell us anything about your findings, possible solutions, timings, etc.?

We have reproduced a lot of bugs, most of them are game side and need code changes.  As for timings, that is not something I communicate.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2