DiRT Rally 2.0 - V1.2 - found a bug? Post it here!

please make the cars that works with paddles to paddles ,and cars that have a H transmission to work there in auto ,i dont want to change to H when i play old cars  and seq  when i play paddles cars please ...

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

Still too many night stages. 

Because twilight and sunset are still dark stages especially in connection with clouds. 

People I do not know what your problem is, it really should not be too much to ask for it to be properly regulated.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

hi ,

bad translation  for the weather , DRY is SEC in french

it s write VIDER on game

AND my hanbrake don t work after patch !!!

Edited by TeamCrevette

In Daily Events in RallyCross after doing practice I'm being thrown back into main menu instead of being returned to service and if I re-enter the event, I still have 2 practices left. Xbox One console, was the same pre-patch.

• Agree 2

40 minutes ago, fifomaniak said:

In Daily Events in RallyCross after doing practice I'm being thrown back into main menu instead of being returned to service and if I re-enter the event, I still have 2 practices left. Xbox One console, was the same pre-patch.

Same on PS4, this was already happening before the patch. 

2 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

X1X

"failed to load player profile"

Retry repeats the message and cancel takes me back to start screen where I press 'A' just to return to the above message.

Any ideas?

Hi X1X

Do you have any error codes on the title of the dialog?

My Logitech Shifter in USB no longer works after the update 1.2 !

Posted (edited)

Related to all new controller binding problems.

I had to edit the
(E:\[Games]\DirtRally2.0\)...steamapps\common\DiRT Rally 2.0\input\devices\device_defines.xml
file to get my Controller working again.

Maybe adding or editing the files in 
(E:\[Games]\DirtRally2.0\)...steamapps\common\DiRT Rally 2.0\input\actionmaps
can help too. I didn't do it, because I used a exisitng file in there for my virtual Joystick(vJoy) problem.

In "dxdiag" i checked the VendorID and ProductID of my vJoy-Controller and added
<device id="{BEAD1234-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" name="ftec_clubsport" priority="101" type="wheel" />
to 
(E:\[Games]\DirtRally2.0\)...steamapps\common\DiRT Rally 2.0\input\devices\device_defines.xml
file.

Beware of ProductID and VendorID order: my: ProductID: BEAD , VendorID: 1234
I misused "ftect_clubsport" actionmap/name for first try and it worked.

I still think Codemasters did a "bug" with these files.
Actually this bug also helped me understand and solve an older individual problem, which I had with vJoy and Input-Output-Linearity. Thanks.

Greetz

Edited by MBastieK

Posted (edited)

Solved (see below)

Hoped it will makes things better - now my Pedals are not working anymore on my PC :-(((((((((((((((

In Windows they are still shgowing up as functional, but DR2 is not recognizing any movement/button press.

CM is it possible that you don't add new bugs, that prevents a bunch of people from playing the game - I'm anyway already heavily disappointed about this game because of the issues with the feedback, but but you managed it to make me even more angry ...

I think that was the last time I spent money for one of your games, esp. when I feel like a beta tester - why didn't you choose the early access setup with 1/3 of the price - this would have matched the quality the game currently has imho.

The hint from MBastieK made it work again ...

Any chance to write special device definitions to a file that is not overwritten when doing an update?

Edited by Guenther1967
solved
  • Agree 1

ps4, there is bug.. that happens first time after this update, when you drive from cockpit view, road and some part of scenary get black for sec, then return, then again black... the duration is for 1 or 2 sec. but only few times in stage.. 

Posted (edited)
1.Today I drove all the 5 daily events, but got only four times the profit distribution where are my credits?
That was already 4 days in a row where I got no profit distribution @Codmasters ! i want my Credits 

2. Manual reset on the track does not work

Edited by gleylancer571

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, fifomaniak said:

2 hours ago, Spacepadrille said:

Same on PS4, this was already happening before the patch. 

same issue on PC. it's been an issue since launch as far as I can tell.

doesn't really matter for me though: i can get all the practice I want, I'm still finishing 5862nd or whatever -__-

Edited by ianism
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CM Adrian Paul Smith said:

Hi X1X

Do you have any error codes on the title of the dialog?

No errors. 

I've cleared locally saved game data in my console and the only difference now is that the game does a data sync prior to the message.  

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/boris-the-frog/screenshot/11774743

(link to screenshot)

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_

8 minutes ago, Bbennett1985 said:

The Rev counter is still upside down in the fwd golf on the dashboard cam. On xbox one 

Acctualy its so in real life from model they used for licensing.. 😞 i know it looks wierd

Still audio problems. Was in middle of a stage then poof, audio gone. I could only hear what sounds like gravel and sand in the wheel arch.

Also my handbrake stopped working. Temporary solution is to dis/reconnect usb cable and assign it again. I must do this every time I start the game.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, doyaneedthis said:

I would like to report a major issue with input bindings, many items of hardware which where working before now dont.

Such as

1.H.E PEDALS

2.H.E SHIFTER

3.HE HANDBRAKE

4.DSD SHIFTER

5.DSD BUTTON BOX

6.MANU FACTORY SHIFTER

6.LEO BODNAR CONTROL BOARDS

All items that where working perfectly before, i have tested now on 2 different computers that have both had the update.

I am sure there will be a flood of complaints over this issue.

Same thing for me .

DSD button box and Fanatec hub with Leo Bodnar board works perfectly after the update and not working after .

Devices are views by the game but not working .

Sincerly it's not possible such unprofessional work for a major studio like Codemasters .

• Agree 2

Achievement - Adaptable still won't unlock regardless of meeting all criteria. 

Daily RallyCross boots you back to main event page after finishing a practice. The practice taken/repairs made do not count when you are removed from the stage either, essentially gives you a fresh restart when you return ie. complete 1/2 practices, when you return 2/2 is shown.

When you replace tyres and leave the stage having 0 sets left upon returning, you have the new tyres still on your vehicle but you also get 1+ set of tyres back. Not sure if the tyres are displayed improperly ie. worn tyres shown as new. or if the game is allowing us to keep a new set of tyres while adding 1+ to the overall. 

Keep up the hard work! You guys made an awesome game and I have far more good things to say about this game than bad, trust me! Really appreciate it. Hope you all have a great rest of your week. Cheers!

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Having a lot of stuttering and frame drops since this update even on lowest quality, while i had no issues before running on High graphic settings.

Looks like im not the only one : https://steamcommunity.com/app/690790/discussions/0/1850323802566913012/

Will try a clean install of my graphic card drivers to see if it fixes it.

edit : didnt work also tried checking for files, restarted pc etc no success. No issue in other games.

Edited by Accro2008

Still no per-car transmission setting (aka "Sequential and H-Pattern + Clutch")

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, MarkHam207 said:

Same issue overhere, glad i am not the only one but i'am very disssappointed that this update give us this major problems. 

My HE Handbrake is nessesary in a rally sim like this!!!

CODIES FIX THIS ASAP!!!

I had the same issue. For me it worked by reset USB-Cable and calibrarion of the handbreak. The only issue for me now after lastest version the handbreak must be held at 100% on stage start to trigger the count down, but my handbreak is lite glitchy and sometimes only reach about 95 %  so I have to try several times to trigger the count down. On the stages the handbreak works without issues. 

This might be the reason the handbreak not working In game for others also. 

Edited by mirk1983

5 hours ago, TeamCrevette said:

hi ,

bad translation  for the weather , DRY is SEC in french

it s write VIDER on game

AND my hanbrake don t work after patch !!!

same in italian  😄

dry is   "asciutto"

not  "cancella" 😆

• Agree 2