Jump to content

The Patch - Graphics are WORSE - PS4 Pro

Recommended Posts

How is it possible to make the graphics worse on an already poor looking game?

So last night i took a few screenshots to compare against todays patched game. Turns out they have severely darkened the interiors of the cars which makes the dials completely unreadable! 

Patched - Interior is so dark you can barely see it on a bright day. Nearly total darkness. 
1671542597_DiRTRally2_0_20190320112755.thumb.png.5b3f584a11442e219873ee745c4a9770.png1408257191_DiRTRally2_0_20190320112720.thumb.png.6ab60e46dfc7611f405c7a76dd5988ed.png
1194360696_DiRTRally2_0_20190320112639.thumb.png.3a17d9d56bffdaf7f8f956cf67683174.png

Pre Patched Game, Still Dark but no where near as bad! 

1846019971_DiRTRally2_0_20190319233558.thumb.png.f0fabe59102ec1cfeec932680bcd4a33.png



C'mon Codies this is no where near good enough!


Pre

DiRT Rally 2_0_20190319233558.png

Patched

DiRT Rally 2_0_20190320112639.png

DiRT Rally 2_0_20190320112720.png

DiRT Rally 2_0_20190320112755.png

Edited by FLAW3D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you notice the timer is also darker, like if a black filter was applied on the whole screen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the graphics are bad at PS4 Pro. Incredible how this is done.

Dirt Rally 1 looks much better.

Edited by J89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Did you notice the timer is also darker, like if a black filter was applied on the whole screen?

Tbh i just done this quick comparison and was gobsmacked by the results. No improvements to the AA or AF and a far worse looking interior. Turned it right off. 

Edited by FLAW3D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that must be how they've made the outside brighter in cockpit mode, by making the interior darker hehe Crazy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

Please note I've removed a post that broke the forum rules. Thanks! 

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Faya said:

Hi all,

Please note I've removed a post that broke the forum rules. Thanks! 

Good, and I hope you brought the banhammer down. Absolutely no place for that sort of nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

However, if the solution for the darkness problem was the overall brightness or HDR being brought down and therefore resulting in a dark cockpit, that's no solution either. I can't really tell before booting up the game on PC, but if this is the case, then it's going back to the bug thread until a proper fix is found. It's a bit ridiculous if this fix has been oriented towards this and it revels some amateurism and the only way this could be justified is as a temp. fix until something is being worked on to properly fix this.

The comparison screenshots reveal the timer is also darker, as if a whole filter has been applied over the screen. Take that into note. If that's really the case in-game, it's an amateur rushed job.

Edited by Riggs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Thierry97 said:

xbox one s still all blurry, almost worse than before.

i thought they listened to the feedback since launch? so why no visuals fix, why no FFB fix (still being worked on even though it looks like it is as intended), why 10g patch, this is huge with no or little improvements, patch notes very disappointing.

If they had listened then these items would be the first on list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, watzcoc said:

i thought they listened to the feedback since launch? so why no visuals fix, why no FFB fix (still being worked on even though it looks like it is as intended), why 10g patch, this is huge with no or little improvements, patch notes very disappointing.

If they had listened then these items would be the first on list.

Maybe they need more time to fix the visuals:classic_unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dementiy said:

Maybe they need more time to fix the visuals:classic_unsure:

How long ago did the game go gold? I would say 8-12 weeks ago so they have been working on the "finished version" for quite a while now. 

Edited by FLAW3D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FLAW3D said:

How long ago did the game go gold? I would say 8-12 weeks ago so they have been working on the "finished version" for quite a while now. 

Yes, I fully agree that it's very dissapointing to see an unfinished game. But we have what we have. I still hope they will make their best to fix all the visuals problems during a month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

How long ago did the game go gold? I would say 8-12 weeks ago so they have been working on the "finished version" for quite a while now. 

So can you detail how long each aspect of the various fixes takes? What the precise problems in the code are? How long it takes to test all the changes and get them signed off? Do you actually know anything about how things need prioritisation and how developers don’t actually work 24 hours a day or at weekends?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, afahoy said:

So can you detail how long each aspect of the various fixes takes? What the precise problems in the code are? How long it takes to test all the changes and get them signed off? Do you actually know anything about how things need prioritisation and how developers don’t actually work 24 hours a day or at weekends?

Codemasters have to be transparent its the only way to get Dirt fans back on side as of right now it's a complete cluster****

Edited by FLAW3D
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FLAW3D said:

Codemasters have to be transparent its the only way to get Dirt fans back on side as of right now it's a complete cluster****

Only in the minds of entitled whiners.

There are problems, we have made Codemasters aware of them. They should be fixed.

But the game works, it is perfectly possible to have fun with it. Remarkably easy to, in fact. It is very far from a cluster****.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, afahoy said:

So can you detail how long each aspect of the various fixes takes? What the precise problems in the code are? How long it takes to test all the changes and get them signed off? Do you actually know anything about how things need prioritisation and how developers don’t actually work 24 hours a day or at weekends?

I think the point is that we all miss the ps1/ps2-xb/ps3-x360 era when we bought a finished product at release. At that time there was no right for mistakes, developers had to test the game entirely.

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, watzcoc said:

i thought they listened to the feedback since launch? so why no visuals fix, why no FFB fix (still being worked on even though it looks like it is as intended), why 10g patch, this is huge with no or little improvements, patch notes very disappointing.

If they had listened then these items would be the first on list.

Didn't you refund your game?

  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dementiy said:

I think the point is that we all miss the ps1/ps2-xb/ps3-x360 era when we bought a finished product at release. At that time there was no right for mistakes, developers had to test the game entirely.

Do you really think all the games on ps1/ps2-xb/ps3-x360 were finished products without bugs ? Really ?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dementiy said:

I think the point is that we all miss the ps1/ps2-xb/ps3-x360 era when we bought a finished product at release. At that time there was no right for mistakes, developers had to test the game entirely.

They also came without patches, bug fixes or updates

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RoccoTTS said:

Do you really think all the games on ps1/ps2-xb/ps3-x360 were finished products without bugs ? Really ?

I had only ps1 and x360. And i don't remember any performance/grapics issues or serious glitches in games at that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

They also came without, patches, bug fixes or updates

Remember CMR 2.0 on ps1?)

It doesn't need patches, bug fixes or updates. Its a true masterpiece with amazing graphics, music and content. It's a finished game.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×