do you want a true "drivervisual" when in the car of you prefer "fake shaked camera visual" on argentina?

do you want a true "drivervisual" when in the car of you prefer "fake shaked camera visual" on argentina?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. do you want a true "drivervisual" when in the car of you prefer "fake shaked camera visual" on argentina?

• yes, i want a realistic visual from the drivers eyes ( almost no shaking)
    • no, i want to be a camera fixed on a sturdy support somewhere inside the car

as the title says i'm not happy with the visuals shaking effect in argentina, that's not realistic, even if you set it to minimal.  i don't understand why when i sitting in my rally car i must have a camera visual instead of having  the perspective from the driver (almost no shaking)    i love argentina stages but this feature is ruining my experience there......

human body have spine,muscles,neck,brain,eyes  and maybe other things i forgot, that compensate to not have such a "sick" vision

i'm almost certain of what i'm saying, it's kinda logic

Edited by teknoid85
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Have you been in a rally car when it’s going fast over really bumpy ground?

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, afahoy said:

Have you been in a rally car when it’s going fast over really bumpy ground?

Of course he has he's Nicky Grist! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It´s always good to give people options. Even if it´s NOT 100% like in a real Rally-car. Especially in a game that has to compromise in many other areas as well; for example with what kind of damage/accidents the cars can get away with in DR 2.0 compared to reality.

17 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

Of course he has he's Nicky Grist! 

compliments, you've busted me 😉

Edited by teknoid85

In other racing sims like Project Cars 2, Assetto Corsa, etc, there is a slider you can adjust that affects how much the driver's "head" (camera) matches the angle of the car vs the horizon. So in Pcars 2 if you set it to 75%, then the camera stays 75% locked to the car and 25% locked to the horizon. 0% would be totally locked to the horizon with no up/down movement at all, 100% is totally locked to the car as if it was a GoPro bolted to the dashboard.

This would be a nice additional option to have and I believe it's what you ( @teknoid85 ) are looking for.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

I've never driven that hard over a bumpy surface, but I imagine it'd be hard to keep your eyes straight, right?

Of course there's reasons outside of realism you'd want it lower. It could be head-ache inducing, or motion sickness (or just preference).

12 minutes ago, DieselPoweredJo said:

I've never driven that hard over a bumpy surface, but I imagine it'd be hard to keep your eyes straight, right?

Of course there's reasons outside of realism you'd want it lower. It could be head-ache inducing, or motion sickness (or just preference).

human body have spine,muscles,neck,brain,eyes  and maybe other things i forgot, that compensate to not have such a "sick" vision

Edited by teknoid85
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

It certainly is, From the videos i have seen it's defo cockpit movement and not seeing from the drivers eyes. 

52 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

It certainly is, From the videos i have seen it's defo cockpit movement and not seeing from the drivers eyes. 

the point is that if i use internal car view, it's supposed to have a visual from the point of view of a human, not a stupid camera

Edited by teknoid85
  • Agree 1

Yeah the human brain does do a lot to balance out motion and tilt. It's pretty rad.

On the other hand, being in a rally car bouncing over El Rodeo might jostle your vision around a lot, adding to the challenge of driving the car.

I dunno what balance of these two is correct.

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

the point is that if i use internal car view, it's supposed to have a visual from the point of view of a human, not a stupid camera

Yeah thats what i meant, Maybe i worded it wrong 🙂

• Agree 1

@ChristinaMc

over 90%  of voters want a more realistic view( from a humans point of view) and not  from a camera.  i think this feature should be improved in future patch

• Agree 1

This poll is outright laughable.  It is written in a biased format , like a rigged poll.  You should be ashamed of yourself @teknoid85  .    If you want to hear people's opinions you have to present honest questions so that they can give you honest responses.  You clearly are incapable of processing the truth and scientific information.  As I know (having worked in the simulation industry for years) that when I presented a real question of balance in simulation to the head shaking you immediately disagreed with my totally reasonable and open minded approach.

Please stop setting people back, don't be so dishonest.

@ChristinaMcI hope you can see just how simplistic and dishonest this poll is and ignore the results.  The problem is obviously more complex than this user makes it out to be.

Edited by bn880
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, bn880 said:

This poll is outright laughable.  It is written in a biased format , like a rigged poll.  You should be ashamed of yourself @teknoid85  .    If you want to hear people's opinions you have to present honest questions so that they can give you honest responses.  You clearly are incapable of processing the truth and scientific information.  As I know (having worked in the simulation industry for years) that when I presented a real question of balance in simulation to the head shaking you immediately disagreed with my totally reasonable and open minded approach.

Please stop setting people back, don't be so dishonest.

nobody has invited you to post here, if you don't agree no problem, i have brought FACT about the human body and the way it compensate to not have such a shaked feeling like in game, and people in majority agree with me.  and i should be ashamed? 😄   nice try guy 😉

p.s: never quote me again

Edited by teknoid85

I don't need to be invited, I have a right to post here to let people know just how absurd this is.

Where is the third option:  I want a realistic visual from the driver's eyes simulating the brain's image stabilization more than is currently done?

Or fourth:  Please increase the image stabilization even more, even if it's not realistic it is a needed feature for the sim for people to have more options.

grow up!

Edited by bn880
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, ShodanCat said:

In other racing sims like Project Cars 2, Assetto Corsa, etc, there is a slider you can adjust that affects how much the driver's "head" (camera) matches the angle of the car vs the horizon. So in Pcars 2 if you set it to 75%, then the camera stays 75% locked to the car and 25% locked to the horizon. 0% would be totally locked to the horizon with no up/down movement at all, 100% is totally locked to the car as if it was a GoPro bolted to the dashboard.

This would be a nice additional option to have and I believe it's what you ( @teknoid85 ) are looking for.

@ShodanCat this is actually basically what DR 2.0 has,  the maximum camera shake setting locks it almost fully to the horizon,  it's not 100% locked because that's utter BS and it doesnt happen even  IRL.  At 0% camera shake it is 100%  locked to car chassis.

Edited by bn880
  • Haha 1

The poll is wrong on quite a few levels. It's written in a manipulative and suggestive way, so those 90% mean nothing in my view. 

It seems that 'maximum camera shake' reduces the effect. Try it, even if it's a bit counter-intuitive. Driving on a very bumpy surface is quite a wild ride, so why do you think camera shake is unrealistic? Also, someone already mentioned this not too long ago: Soften your suspension for Argentina and it'll be a bit better. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, richie said:

The poll is wrong on quite a few levels. It's written in a manipulative and suggestive way, so those 90% mean nothing in my view. 

It seems that 'maximum camera shake' reduces the effect. Try it, even if it's a bit counter-intuitive. Driving on a very bumpy surface is quite a wild ride, so why do you think camera shake is unrealistic? Also, someone already mentioned this not too long ago: Soften your suspension for Argentina and it'll be a bit better. 

i have softened all to maximum and set the slider all way right,  it's still not realistic from a point of driver view.  if i use interor view (dashboard/cockpit) it's supposed to have a  "point of driver view"  and not from a stupid camera

Edited by teknoid85

Well in a simulation every view is a camera view, metaphorically and literally.  The developers HAVE ALREADY taken the shaking issue into account and that is why the head shaking called "Camera Shake" is compensating for the movement of the car with respect to the ground/horizon as to stabilize the image.  This compensation is activated MOST at 100% (right on the slider not left).

What you are ARGUING for is what the developers have already achieved with Camera Shake at 100%.  What you WANT is PERFECT image stabilization with FAKE position of the cockpit on top of that. 

There I said it, now you have the truth

Edited by bn880
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

@bn880

BLA BLA BLA.
W T F    do you care??

Let people get these simple features if it makes the game better for them! If there's already a slider, it obviously doesn't work effectively enough, so it could be just adjusted a little more by COdies.

And in DR1 in the VR settings you could just eliminate head shake completely to eliminate motion sickness. Which was great!!

Let people be bn880, would you????

Edited by bbbwww
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, bbbwww said:

@bn880

BLA BLA BLA.
W T F    do you care??

Let people get these simple features if it makes the game better for them! If there's already a slider, it obviously doesn't work effectively enough, so it could be just adjusted a little more by COdies.

And in DR1 in the VR settings you could just eliminate head shake completely to eliminate motion sickness. Which was great!!

Let people be bn880, would you????

That's fine and I agree with giving people options (excluding some e sports stuff to balance competition), but why make a dishonest poll?  If he worded it like you did it would already be an improvement. And if you look back in the Bug report thread for 1.1 I was already contemplating if perhaps this wouldn't be a wise thing to do but he DOWN VOTED it .   So whatever BLA BLA buddy.  You don't have the facts and are having trouble processing what I am saying.

Edited by bn880
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

i have softened all to maximum and set the slider all way right,  it's still not realistic from a point of driver view.  if i use interor view (dashboard/cockpit) it's supposed to have a  "point of driver view"  and not from a stupid camera

What does that even mean, what's wrong with you?  Everything in a simulation is a camera, this one is attached to the drivers head/eyes.  You are ignoring blatant facts and holes in your request.  Explain to people perhaps in technical terms what you want to SEE in terms of your cockpit, and your outside world when the car is dipping back and forth by 30 degrees in Argentina.  Maybe then I can take you seriously.

• Haha 1

did someone see hayden's head  shake for-and backwards like a brainless zombie????  🤔 i didn't.............

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

did someone see hayden's head  shake for-and backwards like a brainless zombie????  🤔 i didn't.............

Yes his head is shaking a lot even over the smaller bumps, and it would show you a lot more if he did something like El Rodeo rough jumps if the camera was actually pointing internally at that time.

Edited by bn880
  • Haha 1