Cars grip after patch?

+ 1 on the placebo remark.

I played this morning on XB1X after installing the update and the driving mechanics, road feel, grip and FFB are all identical to pre-patch experience as far as I can tell.

• Agree 2

37 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Bit-fip them.  (turn them all on, drive, turn them all off)

Specifically, go chase your ghost in time trials, beat them, that'll prove your point. 

The car no longer goes sideways and it is easier to drive. 

Believe me, something has been done for this handling.

• Disagree 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, J89 said:

I don’t believe you.

It feels exactly the same to me.

Edited by afahoy
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, J89 said:

The car no longer goes sideways and it is easier to drive. 

Stop driving the C4

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, afahoy said:

I don’t believe you.

It feels exactly the same to me.

Then I'm probably going crazy :classic_biggrin:

But for me it feels different, driving is much easier, and not fun.

• Agree 1

Something strange was at todays Poland Daily Challenge with 2000cc or maby it was just between my ears :classic_blink:
Played about 20 stages after that and everything feels same like before :classic_huh:

Posted (edited)

just logged in for the first time in years to post this.

and I tried using the C4 first, in Poland. I can confirm that I still totally suck at this game. so no difference spotted here.

(I'm on PC, btw)

Edited by ianism
  • Haha 6

Posted (edited)

Consolero here (Xbox) and no difference at all for me in terms of grip or the lack of it. 'Grip' is also not the right term as there's not much grip on gravel. 

Edited by richie

17 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

@J89 Might be worth checking your settings haven't changed - seems to be the same to me.

I reinstall the game, if it would help.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, RoccoTTS said:

I think it's called placebo :classic_wink:

That's what I wanted to say too first, but then I re-tried some of the tracks where I was holding the record. One was USA/Wet/Stratos (Hancock Creek Burst) and it's definitely much easier now. I needed many attempts to get my previous record, I was sweating, heart pumping etc., needed so much energy to keep the car under control. I just broke my previous record on 3rd try, with a straight face, after 2 bottles of wine. I could just put my foot down most of the time. This is definitely not what the Stratos was like before.

Similar for my Argentina/Wet/911 record (El Rodeo). I didn't beat it, but it was so much easier to keep the car under control. Again I could just put the foot down without losing control. And tiny steering corrections got me right back on track where previously I'd completely lose control. Again, after 2 bottles of wine. This is BS.

edit: it was very apparent on the finishing "straights" that had been really treacherous before. One tiny wrong movement and I was dead. This time, no problem, I could go left and right however I pleased.

edit 2: false alarm - my drunken mind may have played tricks on me, playing sober today it feels pretty much like it did before. Apologies.

Edited by DocStrangelove
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

I want Codemasters to answer, why PS4 Pro version handling has been changes in the patch 1.04?

Edited by J89

Its completely the same. It truly is. Nothing about the handling or physics has been touched. Like, really really not. 

You're wanting there to be something because you're running out of things to cry about. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, magpieracer48 said:

Its completely the same. It truly is. Nothing about the handling or physics has been touched. Like, really really not. 

You're wanting there to be something because you're running out of things to cry about.  

It really isn't the same, maybe on a PC but not on the PS4 Pro.

I'm not stupid, I feel a clear difference when I played yesterday evening.

Edited by J89

2 minutes ago, J89 said:

It really isn't the same, maybe on a PC but not on the PS4 Pro.

I'm not stupid, I feel a clear difference when I played yesterday evening.

I'm not saying you're stupid I'm saying you're wrong. 

• Disagree 1

Just now, magpieracer48 said:

I'm not saying you're stupid I'm saying you're wrong. 

I'm not wrong, other players have noticed the difference.

1 minute ago, J89 said:

I'm not wrong, other players have noticed the difference.

No other players want to notice a difference. The huge majority feel nothing other than sympathy for you and the one other person who's mentioned it. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

I played for a couple of hours today, noticed absolutely no difference to handling/physics/FFB.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

The biggest difference is R5 cars.

I am dissapointed in Codemasters, but now I will end the discussion here.

Edited by J89
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

fare attenzione HOTLPA non è rally. il rally è un'altra disciplina. fare 100 hotlap per migliorare sempre più il proprio tempo, imparare a memoria il palco speciale (codriver non serve più) è un altro sport. penso di essere uno dei pochi che non mi importa nulla di questi stupidi record, io amo il rally. spero nel miglioramento del FFB e della pioggia orribile la notte, fissa o cancella rain nella notte (per godere meglio il gioco)

Edited by ale81udine
  • Disagree 1

I play mainly with R5 cars and I have not noticed any difference in handling or grip. Feels the same to me. 

• Agree 1

Well, maybe I can put some of this to rest tomorrow:  I have very precise logs of my laps in an R2 FWD for all the stages from 1.1 (from the little software that I have yet to release), and since i saw this thread i will keep an eye on whether either cornering or acceleration has changed at all in that class.  It would show me visually as a delta d&t even if there was a 1% difference in any of the aspects.  Hope to provide feedback later tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1