Jump to content

Cars grip after patch?

Recommended Posts

I hope there is no difference as I think the handling was fine , will check tonight as I'm trying to bang out some more world records !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

@DocStrangelove What's your platform?

PC, but playing today again I think nothing's changed after all. Maybe I shouldn't have tried to judge the physics when I was drunk yesterday. Sorry. Everything seems to be fine.

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have now tried more cars, and I can say that the update has been changed physics.

That is the case, even though there is no mention of it in the update list.

  • Disagree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you know the update hasn't changed you?

Do you have any metal tooth fillings? It's how they get to you, you know...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

How do you know the update hasn't changed you?

Do you have any metal tooth fillings? It's how they get to you, you know...

:classic_biggrin:

But the game is now more Arcade than simulation. I stay in my opinion, Physics has been changed.

 

 

Edited by J89
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, J89 said:

I have now tried more cars, and I can say that the update has been changed physics.

That is the case, even though there is no mention of it in the update list.

Stop playing Dirt 4 and come back to Dirt Rally 2.0. Physics haven't changed I think you've changed your disc. :classic_laugh:

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, magpieracer48 said:

Stop playing Dirt 4 and come back to Dirt Rally 2.0. Physics haven't changed I think you've changed your disc. :classic_laugh:

This is closer to Dirt 4 now.

The change in physics is clear in the PS4 version. It may be that there is no difference on the pc.

Edited by J89
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've tried a bunch of different cars and can feel no difference whatsoever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, J89 said:

This is closer to Dirt 4 now.

The change in physics is clear in the PS4 version. It may be that there is no difference on the pc.

I have Xbox. You really are on your own. Serious question, have you reinstalled and/or checked if your assist settings have changed? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, magpieracer48 said:

I have Xbox. You really are on your own. Serious question, have you reinstalled and/or checked if your assist settings have changed? 

Yes, I reinstalled the game and all assist are off.

Apparently I'm the only one who can see the difference. I'm not trolling, but I think it's just a difference before the patch, but clearly I'm alone with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, J89 said:

Yes, I reinstalled the game and all assist are off.

Apparently I'm the only one who can see the difference. I'm not trolling, but I think it's just a difference before the patch, but clearly I'm alone with it.

I have a PS4 pro and after reading this post I played a fair bit with all of the cars in my garage last night to test this. 

I have to admit, mate, I did not feel a difference. One thing I did note, though, was that the effects of tweaking the diffs seemed to be a bit more pronounced than before the patch- I didn't read anything about this in the patch notes but maybe they have been tweaked slightly??? -Just a thought. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far I have tested Spain in the R2, same setup, and it is 100% identical on the live delta t and delta v and stage times reflect this.  The only differences come when I make a mistake or take some turns better.  So acceleration is 100% the same and grip appears to be the same as well. 

- R2, Spain, No change

I probably won't have time to test gravel today, maybe tomorrow.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bn880 said:

So far I have tested Spain in the R2, same setup, and it is 100% identical on the live delta t and delta v and stage times reflect this.  The only differences come when I make a mistake or take some turns better.  So acceleration is 100% the same and grip appears to be the same as well.  

- R2, Spain, No change

I probably won't have time to test gravel today, maybe tomorrow.

Actually, grip hasn't changed much, but car handling is easier than before update.

The car does not go sideways in the same way after the update and turns more easily. Braking is also easier.

Like arcade games.

  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, J89 said:

Actually, grip hasn't changed much, but car handling is easier than before update.

The car does not go sideways in the same way after the update and turns more easily. Braking is also easier.

Like arcade games.

No, it isn't.  There is no change in Spain, I just told you that there is no way to be faster (with the same driving style/skill).  If i have to I can also reveiw detailed data logs for oversteer and compare, but the times specifically show it is the same and I feel it is the same (in Spain at least)

Edited by bn880

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, bn880 said:

No, it isn't.  There is no change in Spain, I just told you that there is no way to be faster.  If i have to I can also reveiw detailed data logs for oversteer and compare, but the times specifically show it is the same and I feel it is the same (in Spain at least) 

I drive in Poland stages and it feels easier with R5-cars.

Edited by J89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have data for R5 in Poland so I cant compare.  But I will compare with R2 later on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, J89 said:

The car does not go sideways in the same way after the update and turns more easily. Braking is also easier.

Honestly dude, this is 100% in your head and on you. I've been doing a few WR runs on a couple of stages the last few days in the 2000cc and the R5's specifically. I can promise you if the cars ever did get easier to handle, I'd have been shaving A LOT more time off of my runs than I am. Trust me, a few of us are driving these cars at their absolute limit in these WR challenges we do every week and if they got any bit easier we would notice immediately.

 

Either your settings got reset, your tuning got reset, or something similar happened that caused your handling to change from what you are used to. The core game is still the exact same when we are talking about physics and handling models.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Honestly dude, this is 100% in your head and on you. I've been doing a few WR runs on a couple of stages the last few days in the 2000cc and the R5's specifically. I can promise you if the cars ever did get easier to handle, I'd have been shaving A LOT more time off of my runs than I am. Trust me, a few of us are driving these cars at their absolute limit in these WR challenges we do every week and if they got any bit easier we would notice immediately.

 

Either your settings got reset, your tuning got reset, or something similar happened that caused your handling to change from what you are used to. The core game is still the exact same when we are talking about physics and handling models. 

No, it´s not inside my head. I am quite sure that the handling has been changed PS4 version. Driving is easier, I'm not the only one who has noticed it.

Try to understand 😄

Edited by J89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody not using the PS4 as the OP is should not bother commenting to be honest, its just throwing bad data in to the thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×