DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cars grip after patch?

Sorry to be cynical @Joe289, but your username is VERY similar to the OP and you are the only person to support the theory thusfar, there isn't any connection, is there?...

...I am a PS4, controller, player but I am away from my console until tomorrow. I shall be trying a pre and post-patch play in the evening. 

3 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Sorry to be cynical @Joe289, but your username is VERY similar to the OP and you are the only person to support the theory thusfar, there isn't any connection, is there?...

...I am a PS4, controller, player but I am away from my console until tomorrow. I shall be trying a pre and post-patch play in the evening. 

No not the same person. Have been following these forums long time. Now had post because it is ruining game a bit on a controller. Try it and see what you think.

102 replys for imagination :classic_ohmy:
Let´s go forward.

However bn880, it would be nice to hear your analysis from Poland before and after patch...just because if...no, there´s no difference :classic_tongue:

Maby if reinstall game without updating it, is it possible to try freeplay without online, J89?
Just to try if the feel is different.

15 minutes ago, SimFunny said:

102 replys for imagination :classic_ohmy:
Let´s go forward.

However bn880, it would be nice to hear your analysis from Poland before and after patch...just because if...no, there´s no difference :classic_tongue:

Maby if reinstall game without updating it, is it possible to try freeplay without online, J89?
Just to try if the feel is different.

Yes, i tried the game without patch and the handling was enjoyable

I'm sure that they have changed the control pad easier, I think it feels like arcade now, like Dirt 4

I play dualshock 4.

I'm sorry if some people are irritated about this, but I think it has been changed. I don't like the fact that they're changing things without telling us.

I don´t disagree or mock you, had strong arcade feelings also after updating but I can´t explain it, that still confusing me what happened.
Gone to online search if anyone else had same and here I am.
Still I´m glad it changed back to normal or I adapted to DiRT4 physics :classic_blush:

1 hour ago, Sammoo said:

I put up a post on this the other day saying that I couldn't feel the difference after the patch and even went as far as to say that I think the diff's had been tweaked. But last night, playing on career, I mopped the floor with the Master AI. Considering that I had been hanging around 7th, usually around 10+ seconds off the fastest time, I now suspect that I was wrong and something has changed. Most notably the braking. as you now mention, has become sharper...

I am thoroughly confused as whatever tweaks there may have been are very subtle and hard to detect but there is a difference. I am almost certain of it.

they could have made the AI easier (there were many complaints about it being too hard), but nobody else has mentioned this AFAIK

you could have gotten better

AI is sometimes worse/better in different locations

39 minutes ago, J89 said:

I'm sorry if some people are irritated about this, but I think it has been changed. I don't like the fact that they're changing things without telling us.

sentences like the one in bold make me think you are trying to troll codemasters and make people think their game is worse.

what is more likely:

a) CM changed the handling and braking of the game for people playing on a gamepad without telling anyone and without it affecting any other controller types (they are taking a long time with FFB because they have to be very careful how it might affect people who don't use a wheel) and only like 2 people noticing.

b) someone using an anonymous account on the internet is lying.

e0hiko.jpg

EDIT: he already downvoted me lol

3 minutes ago, ianism said:

they could have made the AI easier (there were many complaints about it being too hard), but nobody else has mentioned this AFAIK

This is true, they could have as there were a lot of complaints...

But I know that I haven't improved that much. Even on DR1 i used to sit at a similar level but, acknowledging your point, DR2 has had a learning curve different to that of DR1 so I might have improved, I just never think of myself as master material. I mean that is the pinnacle of the game- so if they have made it easier then I would be disappointed.

And yeah I know...I always kick **** in Spain and level peg everywhere else, so the variation in skill level for the AI is a known quantity to me. My post is based on running in New Zealand- one of my better rallies, admittedly, but i'm not that good at it.

Though, if I have suddenly improved then I will quite happily take that  as the answer... mastering the master would be a nice feather in my cap. 

19 minutes ago, ianism said:

sentences like the one in bold make me think you are trying to troll codemasters and make people think their game is worse.

what is more likely:

a) CM changed the handling and braking of the game for people playing on a gamepad without telling anyone and without it affecting any other controller types (they are taking a long time with FFB because they have to be very careful how it might affect people who don't use a wheel) and only like 2 people noticing.

b) someone using an anonymous account on the internet is lying.

I'll just tell you how I feel the control, deal with it 😄

It wouldn't be the first time the update changed something, and they don`t tell anythin about it on the update list.

12 minutes ago, J89 said:

It wouldn't be the first time the update changed something, and they don`t tell anythin about it on the update list.

you being right necessitates a lot of very unlikely things, and you have shown us zero evidence. 

one person making up a story online is just something that has a higher probability of happening than that.

deal with it 😘

1 hour ago, J89 said:

What you're claiming here is far from being fact, but fact is indeed, that most people who replied here can't confirm what you're saying. You haven't even reported the issue in the appropriate thread which tells me you're not really interested in resolving your 'problem', maybe because it's fantasy. Fantasy problems don't need to be fixed 😛  Just speculating here.

I'm on a wheel and everything feels exactly the same as before, so I can't judge controller/pad handling. 

16 minutes ago, J89 said:

Have you tried new linearity settings for your controller? Have you tried tweaking anything in the settings? It could easily be that something got changed in your settings, or behind the scenes even, that just means your linearity is tighter/stronger than it was before the patch. Which would make steering inputs and braking inputs feel much stronger. Go in and play with those settings in time trial, double their current values and try half of their current values. Does either change feel better than your current setup?

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

I wasn't going to be the one to say it, but they also have only ever posted in this thread and the account was created like 5 hours after this thread was...

4 hours ago, richie said:

...place where sometimes devs answer questions and take notice of issues people might have in order to address them. 

Could you point that place, looked this forum and also DiRT twitter, I don´t see communication between game maker and customers.
What I see is hype and marketting.

I wonder if team is changed after DiRT 1?
There´s lots of things what peoples complain which was fixed at DR1, so if team is same I don´t get it why not make those right at start.

Haven't been participating much in forums in the past few years but I had to check this today after searching online for patch notes. The driving physics and controller settings have been changed - I can say that with certainty. I mostly used only one car for the past few weeks which is Porsche.  I had controller feedback on pretty much every bump and inch of the road and the car was difficult to control on straight lines especially in Argentina. Now it feels a lot easier to drive.

Also I hope I am not hyperbol-ing but the res might've took a hit as well on the X. I see some jaggies on cars which were not present before.

J89 isnt trolling, give him a break.

Yeah, some/most? dont feel any change and that is great for you... but some people like myself absolutely have and its 100% not imaginary. Its being talked about on the Steam forums and other places. Again.. some experiencing it, some not but just because it isnt affecting you doesnt mean its not being experienced by others.

I play with 270 deg of rotation so maybe thats why it jumps out at me?

First fifty yards into the very first stage after patching the game, I was like oh... the steering settings must have been reset or I need a recalibration. I went into settings and it was exactly as before the patch. and recalibration did nothing.

It feels like I'm running a fair amount of negative steering linearity despite it being zero. Gonna have a play with the settings later to see if I can work it out.

Might be that they changed something in the controller settings then. You know Forza Horizon 4? There is so much steering input filtering on controller, that even super crazy 1500 bhp monsters feel quite easy to handle on controller. Switch to the wheel with 900* steering and they become as difficult as they should be. Physics were untouched, it feels the same on the wheel, maybe something has been done to the controller settings. I don't play DiRT Rally 2.0 on controller, so I don't know.

41 minutes ago, J89 said:

The same thing has also been noticed in the Steam forum.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/690790/discussions/0/1850323802569771883/

The challenge of driving has disappeared and it sucks.

So I'm not the only one who noticed this.

the most recent quote from the guy who thought the physics changed too-

I'm now not sure that the handling physics have actually changed, feels more like my steering linearity has maybe changed to about -3 or less despite still showing 0. 
Will try taking it in the other direction tonight to try to work out exactly what it is.

So we are back to (even the people who are experiencing the same problem as you) believing that the physics have not changed. Nothing about the handling model has changed. He even goes on to say he thinks it is related to the linearity and calibration of the devices, the same exact things people have been telling you since the beginning of this thread.

So go back into your settings, and start playing with the linearity of your inputs. 

5 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

the most recent quote from the guy who thought the physics changed too-

So we are back to (even the people who are experiencing the same problem as you) believing that the physics have not changed. Nothing about the handling model has changed. He even goes on to say he thinks it is related to the linearity and calibration of the devices, the same exact things people have been telling you since the beginning of this thread.

So go back into your settings, and start playing with the linearity of your inputs. 

I tried different settings (linearity, sensitive), but it doesn't help. I do not understand why they have changed this, the feeling of driving was so enjoyable before the update. And I really enjoy the rally.

Now driving is too easy and there is no challenge at all.

I'll leave the game until there is a new fix for handling or physics. I hope they will return it as it was before.

For the love of all that is rally, please stop saying they changed something, you're the only one that's doing this - how about you start with, your game feels different and you don't like it anymore, stop putting words in the mouths of others!!! 

6 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

For the love of all that is rally, please stop saying they changed something, you're the only one that's doing this - how about you start with, your game feels different and you don't like it anymore, stop putting words in the mouths of others!!!  

No, I'm not the only one, it's also noticed in Steam forum.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/690790/discussions/0/1850323802572359326/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/690790/discussions/0/1850323802569771883/

Why don't you understand? 😄

No one understands you, there are two other people who's game feels weird, you keep trying to say that the game was changed so everyone has the same problem.

No!  You and a couple of other niche cases feel a change on your own systems.  I believe that.  DON'T drag the rest of us into this **** - stop saying they changed the handling in 1.2 - if they did, EVERYONE would have the same problem.

5 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

No one understands you, there are two other people who's game feels weird, you keep trying to say that the game was changed so everyone has the same problem.

No!  You and a couple of other niche cases feel a change on your own systems.  I believe that.  DON'T drag the rest of us into this **** - stop saying they changed the handling in 1.2 - if they did, EVERYONE would have the same problem. 

Maybe you just don't notice it for some reason. But it has changed.

There you go again.  So many people telling you it hasn't and you won't concede.  YOUR game has changed, that's all you know.  And you still haven't given *anything* quantifiable for anyone else to check.

Half the other idiots are saying, "duh duh yeah it's easier now" because the AI times were fixed, not because it drives differently.

5 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

There you go again.  So many people telling you it hasn't and you won't concede.  YOUR game has changed, that's all you know.  And you still haven't given *anything* quantifiable for anyone else to check.

Half the other idiots are saying, "duh duh yeah it's easier now" because the AI times were fixed, not because it drives differently.

Cars are much easier to drive, there is much more grip at full speed and braking. For example, the scandinavian flick does not work the same way, as before the update. 

Sorry, but you are an idiot, if you don't notice it.