Cars grip after patch?

Can we all agree to disagree? 🙂

Some notice a change, most don’t.

I do not.

It could have been an inadvertent change in the code that has adversely(?) impacted controller users for some inexplicable reason. That said, sure as the sun, moon and stars above - with all the gripes about FFB and handling since the release, had Codies tweaked something or tried something on for size, they would have certainly eluded to it so as to gather change-appropriate feedback from the community.

Lets coexist peacefully - in the end, like it, love it, hate it or loathe it - this is what we have. I for one hope things change (in a lot of ways but FFB most importantly).

’Till the next patch - I await (impatiently), for greener pastures.

• Agree 1

Still waiting on something to test.  Seriously, i'll happily go and test this if you can give me a car, a corner, a stage, an act to perform?  anything!  until you do, you're just giving an opinion that you share with 2 other people on the internet.

I have not noticed any easier control at high speeds or the inability to use the Scandinavian flick, perhaps we're limited to very specific cars here?  it seems unlikely it's a controller thing as that won't affect handling.  If it's easier to drive, have you started setting new much faster times?

Like i said, i'll happily test something if you can give me something to test, i need a shred of evidence before i take it to CM, your comments so far contain subjective concerns, nothing concrete.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

the most recent quote from the guy who thought the physics changed too-

So we are back to (even the people who are experiencing the same problem as you) believing that the physics have not changed. Nothing about the handling model has changed. He even goes on to say he thinks it is related to the linearity and calibration of the devices, the same exact things people have been telling you since the beginning of this thread.

So go back into your settings, and start playing with the linearity of your inputs. 

Not being sure about something and believing something are not the same thing no matter how you try to spin it.

Only after I test and confirm my thoughts will I believe it.

Dont put words into my mouth by twisting stuff I wrote to suit YOUR narrative. 

Edited by sfcpaulo

Something mysterious is going on because now the game feels great again and same as before (this for ps4 and xbox)! It started to feel normal after changing tyre compounds, might some weird bug or just coincidence. Or maybe they changed something on server side because noticed this just before daily was ending. Anyway enjoying rally again! :classic_smile:

• Confused 2
  • Disagree 1

Oh man this is the most laughably obvious alt since some dude with horns called nataS tried to persuade me to buy V-Rally 4

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I did the USA event yesterday and compared logs for each stage, no change in R2 that I could see beyond speed difference between wet or dry stages.  PC, fanatec wheel.

Grip doesn't seem better, there are ways to be faster but it has nothing to do with changed source code just driving style.

Will report on Poland when it comes up in my Career.

Edited by bn880

I don't have any hard data to back this up, only my own anecdotal driving experience, but ultimately I haven't noticed any real change in how my cars drive since the update.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's more of a placebo effect of people getting used to the game and (naturally) driving faster, mistakenly suspecting the game of providing more grip than the drivers themselves improving. I've seen it happen in other games too :classic_happy:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I suspect the same thing, other than a few people who may have some linearity settings reset due to update.  At least in my experience so far it's VERY clear nothing significant has changed, not significant enough at least to detect with detailed data logging 😛   I also tried a stage of Poland just now and again things appear the same, only improvements are where I am driving better due to time at the wheel.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Honestly, If you read the OP's posts over the first few pages it's pretty clear to me this guy's trolling a little bit. Only 7 minutes after the 1st post Mr. 'SimFunny' had to register to the forum just for this matter 😂 Let's not forget that there's plenty of trolls and toxic people out there that like to discredit certain games by claiming unfounded nonsense.  

People are wasting their time replying here, and in my view this thread deserves to disappear in the depths of the forum.  

Edited by richie
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

21 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I don't have any hard data to back this up, only my own anecdotal driving experience, but ultimately I haven't noticed any real change in how my cars drive since the update.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's more of a placebo effect of people getting used to the game and (naturally) driving faster, mistakenly suspecting the game of providing more grip than the drivers themselves improving. I've seen it happen in other games too :classic_happy:

This wasn't a placebo effect. For whatever reason I played the game with a different handling couple of days. I hope those other guys get it working also. Now it's fun again.

I'm on "your" side. I hope this game sells 5 million copies, so we can get great rally games also in the future! :classic_cool:

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Joe289 said:

This wasn't a placebo effect. For whatever reason I played the game with a different handling couple of days. I hope those other guys get it working also. Now it's fun again.

I'm on "your" side. I hope this game sells 5 million copies, so we can get great rally games also in the future! :classic_cool:

Did you change the settings, or what did you do?

19 minutes ago, richie said:

Honestly, I you read the OP's posts over the first few pages it's pretty clear to me this guy's trolling a little bit. Only 7 minutes after the 1st post Mr. 'SimFunny' had to register to the forum just for this matter 😂 Let's not forget that there's plenty of trolls and toxic people out there that like to discredit certain games by claiming unfounded nonsense.  

People are wasting their time replying here, and in my view this thread deserves to disappear in the depths of the forum.   

Why on earth do I troll? I liked the game a lot before patch.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, J89 said:

Did you change the settings, or what did you do?

In custom I tried Argentina stage with Peugeot 205 t16 and in shakedown I tried all the tyre compounds. Suddenly it just felt like before. I know it doesn' t make any sense! 😃

• Haha 2

Ran a few stages (using Group A and R5's) while I was waiting for the patch to download this afternoon, just ran one of the same stages (gravel) again using the R5 after the patch has installed and I can't see any difference: I am still crashing into trees. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 2

31 minutes ago, Joe289 said:

...Suddenly it just felt like before. I know it doesn' t make any sense! 😃

Glad I´m not the only one :classic_happy:

Instead of patch we may need exorcist...DiRT 4 seems to haunting for someones  :classic_ohmy:

3 minutes ago, SimFunny said:

Instead of patch we may need exorcist...DiRT 4 seems to haunting for someones 

• Haha 3

Ok i most certainly sure it was a bug with controller after update. I recalibrated the settings and changed it back to what it was in advanced options and now its back. 

Posted (edited)

I am kind of wishing there was a go faster bug: I just did the RGT daily and I am pretty sure I interacted with every single tree in Poland during my run. 

Edited by tbtstt
  • Haha 4

Just tried it and it's absolutely now a POPCORN ARCADE game. So disappointed you nerfed then handling Codies. Soooo disappointed. 

:classic_ninja:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, bogani said:

Just tried it and it's absolutely now a POPCORN ARCADE game. So disappointed you nerfed then handling Codies.

I suggest changing controller settings under option and assists to something else and then change it back - that should work

Edited by Tebtebgri
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, bogani said:

Just tried it and it's absolutely now a POPCORN ARCADE game. So disappointed you nerfed then handling Codies. Soooo disappointed. 

That's because you're a poop child. 

• Haha 2
  • Agree 2

IDK if OP noticed the surface degradation and that it is not just visual but affects traction and handling 🤔

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

guess we can close this thread lol.

still never was any video evidence anything changed. all the youtubers i follow (SuperGT, Jimmy Broadbent etc) never noticed anything, and they really are expert drivers

8 hours ago, tbtstt said:

I am kind of wishing there was a go faster bug: I just did the RGT daily and I am pretty sure I interacted with every single tree in Poland during my run. 

SAME!! I'd never driven that class before, even. finished 3:30 down, but then i checked the leaderboards and was in the top 50%! seems like most of us just completely suck, which is encouraging in a strange way.

but yeah, wow, the RWD cars seem much harder if you don't have a wheel (or maybe those guys just really are that good?). especially the ones with higher power-to-weight ratios, like the Stratos, which coincidentally I also folded around pretty much every object in Poland in a Daily event last week.

I've driven the Alpine and the Ascona a bit and they weren't too bad with some practice.

Edited by ianism