I know that car setup is important. This “Equip” page is chock full of numbers. I’ve scoured this site looking for an explanation of them all, especially in relation to the cars’s altimate setup. Would someone be kind enough to explain them or point me to a page that does. Thanks!!

F36E5944-BE4C-459A-A5CB-09FD38F533B8.png

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

You drag the parts into to the top slots until the sum of the yellow octogons are 26 or less as totaled in the bottom right corner.  As you advance through levels, the maximum increases so you can use higher performance parts.

The grey number in the lower left corner is the Performance for that part.  The sum is called the PI (Performance Indicator)  is the number in the middle of the spider graph. (47 above)

At this point, try to maximize Aero, lightweight and handling in that order.

• Tap on Aero on the inventory line and  drag those parts that have a PI up first.
  • Then Handling followed by lightweight, power and finally brakes.  It's ok if brakes are 0.
  • Different mixes are better for different tracks.  You can test in Single mode.

Another strategy is to drag parts and aim for a maximum PI.  Try both and see which gives you best results.

In your case, the first seven parts will give you a good setup.  

Practice in single mode first until you are familiar enough with the tracks to anticipate each turn.  As in real racing, the Driver is the most important factor.

Here's what mine looks like after a couple months of playing.

There's lots of good info in the threads worth looking through here after you play enough to be familiar with the game.

Good racing!

A31FF099-CEBC-41B3-B590-1A5C4D5A623F.jpeg

Edited by StKnowhere
  • Agree 2

I can’t thank you enough! That is great information explained in a very understandable manner.... much appreciated 👍🏻👍🏻

try to make the power as low as possible

unlike real life, more power in this game makes your car SLOWER

16 hours ago, WongYewXuan said:

Are you sure?

14 hours ago, Tabriis said:

May i to use two or more parts in one slot?

Just one part per slot, it's like a puzzle 😜

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Tabriis said:

Are you sure?

I know it might seem counter intuitive but yes, more aero gives faster speeds.

Learning to drive with no brake assist will make you much faster also.

Edited by StKnowhere
  • Agree 1

A BIG SHOUTOUT to StKnowhere!!

I can't thank you enough for sharing so much info to a newbie.

I have my car fine tuned and have moved up to level 17, league 3, 1625 trophies.

Not bad for a 70 yr old retiree lol

Thanks again mate 👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, 61Chevy said:

A BIG SHOUTOUT to StKnowhere!!

I can't thank you enough for sharing so much info to a newbie.

I have my car fine tuned and have moved up to level 17, league 3, 1625 trophies.

Not bad for a 70 yr old retiree lol

Thanks again mate 👍👍

Awesome,  excellent progress!

Thanks for the feedback also, very nice of you.

The game is fun to play with the recent fixes.  I've even managed 1st place finish in a couple of grid starts against bots.  Not easy but was impossible before.

The crashers are an aggravation but driving defensively I beat them more times than not. 

No bad for sure - I'm only a couple years behind you 😉

Enjoy the game!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Awesome to see players working together to make progress in the game and help new players learn the ropes. Nice work team! If you have any further questions or thoughts, let me know and I may be able to assist 🙂

The R&D system is obviously a huuuge part of F1MR and there's plenty of nuance and information to get through, but it's certainly worth it. In the near future, keep an eye out for more ways to tweak your setup and ensure you're ready for every event... but that's all I can say for now. 😉 

• Agree 2

23 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Awesome to see players working together to make progress in the game and help new players learn the ropes. Nice work team! If you have any further questions or thoughts, let me know and I may be able to assist 🙂

The R&D system is obviously a huuuge part of F1MR and there's plenty of nuance and information to get through, but it's certainly worth it. In the near future, keep an eye out for more ways to tweak your setup and ensure you're ready for every event... but that's all I can say for now. 😉 

chris, maybe you didnt know, but ACTIONS speak louder than WORDS

• Agree 1

On 3/22/2019 at 6:06 AM, WongYewXuan said:

I did some testing. Whilst I would dispute your claim it makes it slower I do agree it provides very little benefit whilst aero provides a lot more straight line speed.

• Agree 1

On 4/3/2019 at 12:40 PM, SingaporeTrackLizard said:

I did some testing. Whilst I would dispute your claim it makes it slower I do agree it provides very little benefit whilst aero provides a lot more straight line speed.

I believe it only changes the time when the game changes gear and thus changes acceleration rather than top speed. More power = worse acceleration if I'm to believe what other people have said.

• Agree 2

hi all with this setup you are always in the top but not only the setup is important  , Handling !!! setup is more important ...this is our group now with 1000 members from beginners  till professionals.  se you on truck .     stumpfpeter

56461050_407166920114089_5175137370625802240_n.thumb.jpg.72f33876b79bd6ffd4e388454507ad49.jpg

56563216_2074743532643127_6484363219149258752_n.jpg.9ddfde74f14925b9ee9e623575d63813.jpg

11 hours ago, Farroww said:

I believe it only changes the time when the game changes gear and thus changes acceleration rather than top speed. More power = worse acceleration if I'm to believe what other people have said.

Hmm ok. Testing with and without driveshaft and turbo upgrades at mexico main straight I was able to get 2 mph more with them on.

Posted (edited)
On 4/9/2019 at 3:24 PM, Farroww said:

Did the test again. With and without engine block upgrade since this only improves power. I got 1 mph extra down mexico straight on lvl 4 upgrade. Pretty poor yes but not worse.

Edited by SingaporeTrackLizard

On 3/29/2019 at 7:34 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Whats the meaning of R&D in power if Aero is more powerful than power?

It seems useless when we got an epic card if the other rare cards provide more aero

14 hours ago, Stepen said:

Whats the meaning of R&D in power if Aero is more powerful than power?

It seems useless when we got an epic card if the other rare cards provide more aero

there is no meaning in power

make aero as high as possible, and best to do it at the expense of power

9 hours ago, WongYewXuan said:

there is no meaning in power

make aero as high as possible, and best to do it at the expense of power

I see... Now its meaningless going duel race for grind epic card especially when you got with power stat epic cards

This game is broke from the first update, the only stats which affect the car so far is just 2 aero and handling, the other seems just a blank number

I stopped upgrading my car altogether. There's no point. I "maxed" out my aero with whatever parts I had to get my car up to 980. I'm in league 1 and win about 75-80% of the time against cars rated 1400 and higher. Finished the last 2 events in league 1 gold tier. I don't know how much these numbers really matter.

Even if you do well in these events you'll get 30 or so cards and hardly any of them are relevant. I can't remember the last time I've been able to upgrade a blue or purple part. It takes so many to be able to do it and with the devs adding new parts regularly it's becoming impossible to upgrade regularly. Don't worry about the R&D so much and instead focus on becoming a more consistent driver.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, xdakota80x said:

I stopped upgrading my car altogether. There's no point. I "maxed" out my aero with whatever parts I had to get my car up to 980. I'm in league 1 and win about 75-80% of the time against cars rated 1400 and higher. Finished the last 2 events in league 1 gold tier. I don't know how much these numbers really matter.

Even if you do well in these events you'll get 30 or so cards and hardly any of them are relevant. I can't remember the last time I've been able to upgrade a blue or purple part. It takes so many to be able to do it and with the devs adding new parts regularly it's becoming impossible to upgrade regularly. Don't worry about the R&D so much and instead focus on becoming a more consistent driver.

I agree bro, the R & D is broke from the first this game released. You know that mercedes car has a quick gear shift, no matter how much you put the power on other cars you have, you could not beat mercedes. Hearing from the sound of gear shift is already enough to ensure those power numbers is just nothing

11 hours ago, Stepen said:

I agree bro, the R & D is broke from the first this game released. You know that mercedes car has a quick gear shift, no matter how much you put the power on other cars you have, you could not beat mercedes. Hearing from the sound of gear shift is already enough to ensure those power numbers is just nothing

It's my understanding that the paid cars are cosmetic only. If they're really better then they should be nearly impossible to beat when you face one in the duels, which is not the case at all. Again, the rating on my car is below 1000 and I'm winning a vast majority of the races I play. I wouldn't put much stock into things like gear change times and things like that. I really don't think any of that makes a difference in this game. It's not a simulation like the console version of this game. I think even the speed indicator is cosmetic. What people need to be paying attention to is the movement of your car in relation to the position of the AI or opponent on the track. I have a feeling that's how this game was programmed. The speed, R&D, etc....none of that matters. It's all how you navigate. I think these differences in speed we see against other players comes down to latency in their servers. That's why we start races 2 or 3 seconds behind sometimes. The servers are out of sync and the coding isn't good enough to compensate something like that. That's why we get the **** end of the stick right out of the gate on some duels.

The reason the R&D system exists is because they needed to add in microtransactions somehow. It's designed to get the player to believe in these numbers and frustrate them with the slow pace of upgrading in order to entice you to spend money. It's the same thing with the liveries. A player believes that it's faster, or they heard a rumor that it is even though in reality it's just colors and before you know it you've spent 20 bucks on a bunch of colored pixels.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, xdakota80x said:

The reason the R&D system exists is because they needed to add in microtransactions somehow. It's designed to get the player to believe in these numbers and frustrate them with the slow pace of upgrading in order to entice you to spend money. It's the same thing with the liveries. A player believes that it's faster, or they heard a rumor that it is even though in reality it's just colors and before you know it you've spent 20 bucks on a bunch of colored pixels.

thats a trick that i have never fell for, im glad to say

prosumer i guess

• Agree 1

Handling and performance seems to have changed since last update. Has anyone’s ideas changed on best setup now? (if you can manage to race without game crashing on you of course ;))