Out With The Old In With The Sparco Rally Rim

Posted (edited)

sparco.thumb.jpg.33bc7a5a5a378829887aa5ccd43f30cb.jpg

Just arrived, Anyone else using this rim for DR 2.0? Have to say it feels so much better in the hand so far with it being a 1:1 replica compared to the smaller Ferrari rim. 

sparco.jpeg

sparco.jpeg

Edited by FLAW3D
  • Agree 1

It's what you are used to I guess. I've got the original T500 rim(300mm), the Sparco rim(320mm) and a custom RRS rim(350mm) and I honestly prefer the weight and size of the latter. The Sparco one should def be an improvement over the smaller Ferrari one though. 

Posted (edited)

I have it and love it.Careful though, as i had to upgrade firmware for paddles to work on both sides of rim ................just fyi 

Edited by Madhun1967
  • Thanks 1

I’ve got the Sparco rim and love it.  I don’t have Ferrari rim, but the R383 may seem strange and large at first. Going back to the stock T300 rim feels toylike.  It did take some time getting used to the button mapping (on PS4).  And you might prefer the Ferrari D-pad, but the Sparco is ok.

Also like the perfect round shape.  Never been much for modern wheels with irregular shapes.  Especially for Rally.

• Agree 1

Very nice rim. I am using the TM28GT Leather Edition. Nice overall but too small in diameter.

Will get the Sparco wheel eventually, seeing as 95% of my seat time is devoted to Rally racing.

Wheel feels fantastic and perfect for the game and finally i had some Dirt Magic tonight with ditching the tiresome career and jumping into free play with the Fiesta and Polo R5s...wow! This is more like it. Only problem is im supposed to be up at 8am to head to the studio and its 2am and i have 1 more race syndrome!

Hard to overstate how much of an improvement the full size rim is.  I find it really versatile as well - feels right for pretty much everything apart from a modern F1.

Be aware that the suede will deteriorate with use.  I dont mind a bit of a rugged, used look on my racing gear, but if you want to keep it pristine (and keep the black stuff off your hands!) you'll want to use it with gloves.

Yes I also have these two same wheels, the rally Sparco 383 is much more efficient and accurate for the rally piloting because of its diameter of 33cm, on my TS-WX I adore it in Dirt Rally 2.0. I use Drummers's "mitaines" gloves with it, that are comfortable without dying of hot. 

Annotation 2019-03-16 101557.jpg

Nice rim , most of my time is spent playing dirt 2.0 at the moment , should bite the bullet , would be nice on my t500

I've got T150 with h-shifter and t3pa pedals and I've been thinking about upgrading my setup, but there are so many things to choose from the Thrustmaster family I can't decide. The sparco wheel rim, the handbrake, the tachometer, t3pa pro... so cool. If only it wasn't so expensive. 🙂

Glove wise i use Muddyfox Mountain Bike gloves which work fantastic with wheels, And cost just £5.99 

93775944_l.jpg

Subgtracer - You should defo bite the bullets makes a big difference. My only problem now is i want the TM Open Wheel Rim now for PCARS 2 Open Wheels & GT3 Cars. Wife is going to kill me.