Unexpected Events ?

I’ve seen cars pulled up on the side of the road with engine issues, and also in night stages sometimes my headlights start to flicker, best guess would be these are unexpected events

• Agree 2

I would think your right , but I will add a ps4 pro graphics update as a unexpected event also 😉 

I've seen a couple of low-flying drones as well, and birds flying close-ish overhead

1 hour ago, SUBGTRACER said:

I would think your right , but I will add a ps4 pro graphics update as a unexpected event also 😉 

you spent 100$ extra on a console and feel like you deserve a slightly better-looking game than people who bought the standard version?

you know developers are by no means obliged to upgrade the graphics for the ps4 pro or the one x, right?

giphy.gif

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, MattyH1812 said:

I’ve seen cars pulled up on the side of the road with engine issues, and also in night stages sometimes my headlights start to flicker, best guess would be these are unexpected events

Yeah, I think this is about all the unexpected things we can expect. :classic_cool: And those DNFed cars are always so neatly parked that I don't know why marshals even bother signalling us about that.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, BloodCat said:

Yeah, I think this is about all the unexpected things we can expect. :classic_cool: And those DNFed cars are always so neatly parked that I don't know why marshals even bother signalling us about that.

True true, but once I had a car parked on the outside left hander of the village in Spain and I was just a bit fast in there, did a Rovenperra right into his arse. 😄  Love those kinds of things, which is why I would really enjoy more mechanical failures that act like real life.

• Agree 2

Now that I think about it I haven't seen anything in the past 3 championships, no drones or broke down cars.

It would be good if we saw AI cars that had properly binned it and could be askew across the track, so following the marshal's instructions to slow down actually meant something.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, DieselPoweredJo said:

It would be good if we saw AI cars that had properly binned it and could be askew across the track, so following the marshal's instructions to slow down actually meant something.

that would be awesome, but you can bet that players would be whining about having their run ruined because all they care about is being first

there were many instances in Dirt 4 where the broken car was so close to the road (often on the outside/inside of a corner) that if you were slightly wide or narrow you would definitely clip them

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PainterJah said:

200 hours in game... have not noticed a single broken AI, drone or anything :classic_blink:

Interesting, so I don't recommend a career in investigation.   😄

(they are easy to miss when you're at pace, sometimes even the drones)

Maybe the frequency depends on the level of your career? I had those things happen to me quite often on Open and Clubman, by the time I got promoted to Elite they stopped appearing, which is a shame. Maybe they try to simulate that elite drivers don't crash that often, or they don't want to distract you from driving (after all, you need to be flat-out on elite most of the time).

Or it has something to do with the patch, I don't know.

I saw just as many on Elite personally.  More cars than drones but still.

On 3/24/2019 at 2:17 PM, ianism said:

I've seen a couple of low-flying drones as well, and birds flying close-ish overhead

you spent 100$ extra on a console and feel like you deserve a slightly better-looking game than people who bought the standard version?

you know developers are by no means obliged to upgrade the graphics for the ps4 pro or the one x, right?

giphy.gif

I know the developers don't have to patch or upgrade for the pro or xbox one x , have you even seen how it looks on a ps4 before you make your comment !  I can only assume not …… If so you would understand the frustration at looking at sub par graphics that are more suited to a ps3 gen game .

It was a joke before you come @ at me with your know all **** all comment ! 

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, SUBGTRACER said:

I know the developers don't have to patch or upgrade for the pro or xbox one x , have you even seen how it looks on a ps4 before you make your comment !  I can only assume not …… If so you would understand the frustration at looking at sub par graphics that are more suited to a ps3 gen game .

It was a joke before you come @ at me with your know all **** all comment ! 

I'm comparing the PS4 to the Pro. read carefully before commenting.

thank you.

Nothing like this...in carrer mode.

• Disagree 1