Sign in to follow this  

No Wet Tire Option in the Rain?

so, this happens to me occasionally: I can't pick wet tires when it's raining!

DR2 tires.jpg

it's pretty annoying to have to pick dry tires when 2 out of the next 3 stages before the service area are raining or wet.

I don't know if this is a bug or not, of course. I'm only doing the community/AI challenge events and as such, I do not know if this occurs in any other game mode. however, based on how I'm doing versus other people's times, I am sure this affects everyone, because I'm not dropping huge amounts of time when I drive wet stages on dry tires.

it's probably worth adding that this is much less of a problem since the v1.2 update came out and they reduced the number of dark/wet stages.

Edited by ianism

You can only pick wet tires on tarmac stages in Spain. On the gravel stages you only have the dry options. But the soft seems to work fine on wet gravel.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Yea that's consistent with real life too. Generally speaking in wet conditions you go for a softer gravel tyre. Tarmac tyres need a wet variant due to the dry tyre not needing to cut through anything, thus needing additional cuts to dissipate standing water.

There are 'wet' gravel tyres, but I'm pretty sure they're just softs with a bit of extra cut work to get through any mud.

Edited by Rallystu2
  • Thanks 1

So what are the tyre models that WRC drivers can use?

• Tarmac (super soft, soft, medium, hard compound)
  • Dry

0*O2vQyFlCmGF-SHKH.jpg0*O2vQyFlCmGF-SHKH.jpg
  • Rain

0*oJeb_V64Ghmdufw3.jpg
  • Snow / Ice

0*HvGx6lYUVd2Hi3uj.jpg
  • Gravel (hard, medium, soft) with reinforced sidewalls for better puncture resistance

0*vy_OK5QRecfnKyR4.jpg
  • Snow (studded, non-studded)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1