Jump to content Jump to content

Unbelieveable Sochi BUG

Well, all four wheels were off the track at at least three points in that video. Although I've never seen that penalty before, my guess is it could be something to do with crossing the line while off track.
On one hand, it could be a rare glitch. On the other, it sort of teaches you not to keep exceeding track limits.
Freeze the video at 0:31. You're off the track as you cross the line. Freeze again at 0:32 and you're still off the track at the point of the disqualification The white track limit line is before the curb, not after. The car only gets back on line after the AI resets your car after the disqualification.
I'm not disputing that it's an anomalous scenario as that sort of penalty is extremely rare and it could indeed be a glitch. But in real life that lap time would have been invalidated so it's not like it's an unfair glitch that ruined your lap.

Bashing this game seems to be an Olympic sport actually. Stop searching for gitches and anomallies in the game and just play under the rules.

During the official 2014 season, many drivers were penalized because they were off the track at the same place than you. So the game was made to represent that behavior.

You were simply off the track too often and maybe you got some warnings before the penality.

I had the same happen to me but right away I put it down to me being off track crossing the line (made mistake and got sideways) Its harsh that it gives a dq instead of a invalid lap but this is cm so about right I guess :) In regard to your driving before that I guess you know nothing bout track limits so can see why you would think its a bug instead of your doing wrong. I have a mate that drives the same way (doesnt even try taking turn 2) and his reply to me always is the game doesnt think it a corner cut so im just being boring. Got to love the way ppl will always justify cheating :) 
vtidixon said:
I had the same happen to me but right away I put it down to me being off track crossing the line (made mistake and got sideways) Its harsh that it gives a dq instead of a invalid lap but this is cm so about right I guess :) In regard to your driving before that I guess you know nothing bout track limits so can see why you would think its a bug instead of your doing wrong. I have a mate that drives the same way (doesnt even try taking turn 2) and his reply to me always is the game doesnt think it a corner cut so im just being boring. Got to love the way ppl will always justify cheating :) 

Must agree with that comment , this is a simulator game and it does simulate real life , the track limits are there for a reason and exceeding them can bring quicker "invalid" lap times , look at it this way , if that was Monaco you would still be dragging down the Barrier (track limits) half way round the lap, or in real life you would be on your way to the medical centre... just get better at staying inside the white lines