F1 2018 [Steam][Black Screen/Hard Restart] Game Freezes Computer on Instant Replay, Race Results and Reporter Interviews

Question

When I instant replay/rewind, in Career, Grand Prix and Time Trial, or hit the reporter interview, or session results screen in Career mode, my computer will freeze and the screen goes completely black. I'm forced to hard reboot every time. Sometimes I can instant replay several times in a session and it's fine, other times the first one will cause the crash.

I've tried:

• Verifying the files with Steam;
  • Reinstalling to my main drive (can you tell me if this is actually necessary, because it's filling it up 😞);
  • All of the graphics settings on all levels;
  • Updated all drivers and BIOS.

I built the computer a week before the game came out and it has no issue running at max settings, but these crashes still occur. I really love the game and have sunk 11+ hours into it despite this constant crashing, but it's getting to be a bit ridiculous. I can't finish Baku P3 because I suck in the rain (not your guys' fault, you did a wonderful job when the game runs) and require a couple more rewinds than I'd like to admit on here 🙂

I've sent my DXDiag and Steam info and save files via my email. Hopefully this can be resolved, because as I said, the game is wonderful when it's not locking up my computer.

9 answers to this question

Forgot to mention, I'm using a Steam controller, and the USB dongle for that is plugged into a USB pass-through on my keyboard. I'm not sure if this makes much of a difference, but I see that others are pointing out if they're using any types of peripherals.

Nobody's really getting back to me and the game is still crashing after implementing the suggestions that were emailed to me. Is there any update on this? It's fine if you guys are still figuring it out but a little communication would be appreciated.

Figured I'd update you all even if you intend to do nothing to fix the game. The most recent windows 10 update did nothing to rectify the issue, I've checked my driver updates again and still nothing has fixed this so I'm fairly sure it's something with the game. If you all ever decide to get around to fixing this, that would be awesome because I'd really like to play this game instead of continuously crashing my computer.

they working on 2019 game, and not any more on 2018