‘Camera Shake’ - SOLVED!

Posted (edited)

@Codemasters

Can you fix this please? Even with the slider turned all the way down (Camera Shake ‘OFF’), it is ridiculously hard to see in some stages. Argentina is just brutal...feels my virtual teeth are going to shake out of my virtual head. No big deal for those using exterior cams, but for cockpit and dash view, it’s ridonkulous.

Edited by Buckwilder
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Do the opposite. Turn the slider way up. This actually increases the Virtual Movement of the head, which your real head or eyes would do as well. This helps to negate the visual shaking when going over bumps.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Agree, I get dizzy in Argentina with Max shake, not good. There are no racing games with this much shake.

Edited by Lollerke
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

If the car jumps, the driver too, if the car jumps too much it is that its dampers are badly adjusted.

There are no racing games with this much shake. because there no racing games with as many bumps as the Argentina rally.

• Agree 7
  • Disagree 1

5 hours ago, paint21 said:

Do the opposite. Turn the slider way up. This actually increases the Virtual Movement of the head, which your real head or eyes would do as well. This helps to negate the visual shaking when going over bumps.

Hmmm, I don’t think that is the way it works, or was designed. Camera Shake slider is turn up for more, turn down for less. Hence the ‘Camera Shake’ denotation...it’s not called head shake, ie - turn it up to move your head more to reduce the visual effects of camera shake.

2 hours ago, Didd31 said:

If the car jumps, the driver too, if the car jumps too much it is that its dampers are badly adjusted.

There are no racing games with this much shake. because there no racing games with as many bumps as the Argentina rally.

This!

Now, I am not against some additional image stabilization (increasing the slider range to the right) as a kind of assist, but I think overall it's not terrible.  You're mostly just in a rally car in argentina. (except you don't have the g forces to help your brain/body)

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, chukonu said:

it is how it works.

So help me get this straight, what you guys are saying is when the slider is set to ‘Max Shake’ - that will translate in to less Shake becuase the Camera will more accurately emulate the drivers eyes by moving up and down to compensate for the car movement?

This seems really counter-intuitive.

Edited by Buckwilder

15 hours ago, Buckwilder said:

@Codemasters

Can you fix this please? Even with the slider turned all the way down (Camera Shake ‘OFF’), it is ridiculously hard to see in some stages. Argentina is just brutal...feels my virtual teeth are going to shake out of my virtual head. No big deal for those using exterior cams, but for cockpit and dash view, it’s ridonkulous.

i've opened a poll for that, 90%  want to fix the ecxessive shakings

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Buckwilder said:

So help me get this straight, what you guys are saying is when the slider is set to ‘Max Shake’ - that will translate in to less Shake becuase the Camera will more accurately emulate the drivers eyes by moving up and down to compensate for the car movement?

This seems really counter-intuitive.

yeah you´d think that its the other way around, give it a try and see if it does something for you.

So I tried turning the slider all the way to the right, and all the way to the left. Perhaps it’s just me - but I can’t discern any difference whatsoever. In most locations it’s not a big deal, so ultimately it’s not the end of the world...but I still maintain that something is not right as far as the impact of change relates to the adjustment. Either it doesn’t work, or the difference is so finite it’s not really perceptible. Might be a platform issue as well - I am playing on XB1X.

• Agree 3

Same here. No difference with that slider. It does not appear to do anything at this stage.

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)

I hate Argentina's stages because i can't see anything because the camera is jumping up and down all the time and makes me headache.
Worst tracks in DR series ever, by this way we can't play

Edited by RallyLover19
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

Yeah, it for sure does not work...not sure what the others are on about in saying turn it up to Max Shake to reduce the Shake.

Makes no sense.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, RallyLover19 said:

I hate Argentina's stages because i can't see anything because the camera is jumping up and down all the time and makes me headache.
Worst tracks in DR series ever in this ways as now how we can play

Yeah they are tedious stages with the camera Shake issues and the poor FFB. I am getting better at them, but it takes a lot out of me to sit down and play through 30mins straight of Argentina.

• Agree 1

I really can’t help but feel like consoles got the worst of everything. The PS4 version is brutal, and while the XB1 version looks good, it still has its share of issues like this as an example.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Buckwilder said:

Yeah, it for sure does not work...not sure what the others are on about in saying turn it up to Max Shake to reduce the Shake.

Makes no sense.

For sure it works, I even made a video showing it working... 

there is a very large difference in horizon/road stabilization.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

In previous games, the UI had a couple of inverted sliders(later patched), however, the stabilization only seemed to work after turning it up to 100%. but it was too smooth. So I dropped it two notches and it was full shake. It almost seems binary 0-90% = full shake 100% = shake off? need to test more to confirm. PC user.

**this forum has issues**

Edited by Snakeye5
this forum has issues

4 hours ago, bn880 said:

For sure it works, I even made a video showing it working... 

there is a very large difference in horizon/road stabilization.

Great - so it works - ON PC.

I am playing on XB1 and I can tell you it doesn’t work for $h1t.

Also, you are using head cam - guess what, not available on console. Completely different experience across the platform used. Trust me - from where I am sitting, it doesn’t work, period.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Buckwilder said:

Also, you are using head cam - guess what, not available on console.

Look this is a really good point. Why don't we get headcam on consoles?

The era of 'console players' being considered simply 'gamers' and not sim-enthusiasts should be well and truly over. I actually prefer an Xbox 1 X  for simulation as there are no headaches with framerate or imcompatibilities or drivers etc.

Project Cars 2 on the consoles showed the way, check the vast suite of options they provided. Assetto has been available on consoles for how long now?

• Agree 2

@bn880 Is that a standard camera view available on the PC, with the look-to-apex feature and all? Or is it modded in?

Can you show some more videos from somewhere else than Argentina, with that same camera please? (And the same lower FOV)?

Wut? You don't have head cam on console? Just dash cam as an interior cam then? 

Posted (edited)

@bogani

There's dash cam (fixed), a position-adjustable interior cam (which I had thought was head-cam) but which does not have any movement like the above video, and all the externals. And no FOV adjustment, of course.

What's the PC suite of camera options?

Edited by Jake Cushing
  • Agree 1