‘Camera Shake’ - SOLVED!

57 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

@bogani

There's dash cam (fixed), a position-adjustable interior cam (which I had thought was head-cam) but which does not have any movement like the above video, and all the externals. And no FOV adjustment, of course.

What's the PC suite of camera options?

Exact same options. It doesn't move like that because it seems the shake slider is broken for you guys.

It moves left and right in that video too, almost like he is using Track IR or something? 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Buckwilder said:

Great - so it works - ON PC.

I am playing on XB1 and I can tell you it doesn’t work for $h1t.

Also, you are using head cam - guess what, not available on console. Completely different experience across the platform used. Trust me - from where I am sitting, it doesn’t work, period.

I see, good to know. It's good to get to the truth of the matter.  It may be wise to rename your thread/posts and whatnot so it's clear it's a discrepancy between PC and Console X, so that developers can actually have a higher priority on any fixes of that.  Because you also have people like teknoid jumping in here telling everyone that the PC stabilizaiton is useless, and that will hurt your cause a LOT.  my2c  (just trying to help you out)  

Edited by bn880
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, bogani said:

It moves left and right in that video too, almost like he is using Track IR or something? 

I am using trackIR but thats just left/right in the video.  the rest of the movement is just the game.  You're right though, I should have remembered to turn it off not just center it.  I assure you though the result is basically the same without trackIR except left/right.

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, bn880 said:

I am using trackIR but thats just left/right in the video.  the rest of the movement is just the game.  You're right though, I should have remembered to turn it off not just center it.  I assure you though the result is basically the same without trackIR except left/right.

But does trackIR only work moving head left/right or does it work up/down as well? If it does, even the slightest unintentional movement of your head will affect how it looks, creating a much bigger perceived discrepancy between platforms than it really is.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bogani said:

But does trackIR only work moving head left/right or does it work up/down as well? If it does, even the slightest unintentional movement of your head will affect how it looks, creating a much bigger perceived discrepancy between platforms than it really is.

It works up down yes, but i wasnt doing image stabilization with my head (its pretty hard to do without a motion seat).  I'm one of those drivers anyway that barely moves their head anyway, look how much i turn to apex.  I use my eyes before my head.

Edited by bn880

*UPDATE*

So my bad! This option does work perfectly. It is non functional on the fixed dash cam but does work from head cam (driver cam). I can acheive the same close up view using the seat adjustments, and now enable or defeat - the Camera Shake option. 🤗

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 3/27/2019 at 2:49 AM, Buckwilder said:

Also, you are using head cam - guess what, not available on console. Completely different experience across the platform used. Trust me - from where I am sitting, it doesn’t work, period.

Ermmmm... What!? While I myself play on PC, I've played on a friend's PS4 and the in-game camera options are the same. A different topic are things like the camera shake sliders, those are broken on consoles, that's true

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, AyrtJ97 said:

Ermmmm... What!? While I myself play on PC, I've played on a friend's PS4 and the in-game camera options are the same. A different topic are things like the camera shake sliders, those are broken on consoles, that's true

Head cam...interior cam, cockpit cam whatever it is called, the cam that is inside but not fixed to the dash. When using this cam the camera Shake slider does work. Sorry for all the confusion, I do realize I have contradicted myself, but the option works. I was confused in the post you quoted me on becuase bn880 was using a zoomed in cam with a cam mod on PC that obviously isn’t available on consoles.

Edited by Buckwilder
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Hi, no I am not using a cam mod (it's 100% stock game), but it is on PC yes.

Edited by bn880

5 minutes ago, bn880 said:

Hi, no I am not using a cam mod (it's 100% stock game), but it is on PC yes.

Track IR or something you said, no?

It just looks different than what we have on consoles.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Buckwilder said:

Track IR or something you said, no?

It just looks different than what we have on consoles.

Yeah track IR but that doesnt change anything except left/right motion in the video, because i wasnt moving my head up/down.

Posted (edited)

@bn880 ah ok. Well regardless, I feel like a bit of a tool for getting all over this only to be wrong. I clearly didn’t mess with the camera views enough. Makes sense that dash cam is fixed and not affected by camera shake. Now that I am using the other interior cam it works flawlessly, and my driving has improved immensely becuase it is a lot easier to focus on the road ahead as the camera moves in rhythm with the nuances of the bumps etc 🙂

The other benefit is now with this camera the sense of speed is oddly improved, and the FOV seems better as well as I can sing up close to the dash and adjust height and tilt.

So much better now - feels like a new game! Lol

Edited by Buckwilder

1 hour ago, Buckwilder said:

@bn880 ah ok. Well regardless, I feel like a bit of a tool for getting all over this only to be wrong. I clearly didn’t mess with the camera views enough. Makes sense that dash cam is fixed and not affected by camera shake. Now that I am using the other interior cam it works flawlessly, and my driving has improved immensely becuase it is a lot easier to focus on the road ahead as the camera moves in rhythm with the nuances of the bumps etc 🙂

The other benefit is now with this camera the sense of speed is oddly improved, and the FOV seems better as well as I can sing up close to the dash and adjust height and tilt.

So much better now - feels like a new game! Lol

Theres no such thing as dash cam in Dirt Rally 2.0. We have two cockpit views, One is closer and the other one can move back and forward to the close cockpit cam. 

A dash cam is when the camera is sat on top of the dash. Im hoping like really bloody hoping they bring dash cam back as its perfect for myself and others who have a wheel but just a single screen setup. Right now the closest cockpit camera is still to far away for us single screen users.

Posted (edited)

Ok well one is fixed, i.e non adjustable...though not technically a dash cam like in DR1 so yes you are right. The other being the cam wherein the seat or vantage point is adjustable. It is this cam that works in conjunction with camera shake and is the better option as it allows you acheive the exact same view as the fixed if desired while offering added adjustability. I do agree the closest adjustment is still too far, and I also want the dash cam back - it was my go-to in DR1...not sure why they ditched it.

Edited by Buckwilder
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

Theres no such thing as dash cam in Dirt Rally 2.0. We have two cockpit views, One is closer and the other one can move back and forward to the close cockpit cam. 

A dash cam is when the camera is sat on top of the dash. Im hoping like really bloody hoping they bring dash cam back as its perfect for myself and others who have a wheel but just a single screen setup. Right now the closest cockpit camera is still to far away for us single screen users.

try this. just extract it into the game's cars folder. It's just a subfolder per car with a cameras.xml file in it. If you don't like it, just delete these subfolders.

It restores the dash cam you're used to from DR1 (and raises bumper cam a bit).

cars.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, bbbwww said:

try this. just extract it into the game's cars folder. It's just a subfolder per car with a cameras.xml file in it. If you don't like it, just delete these subfolders.

It restores the dash cam you're used to from DR1 (and raises bumper cam a bit).

cars.zip

PS4 Pro mate. Hopefully Codies are looking in and we get the dash cam back.

Posted (edited)

This "Camera Shake" slider  doesn't compensate on the hood, while WRC 7 does it well.

Edited by RallyLover19

On 3/31/2019 at 7:47 AM, FLAW3D said:

Your problem would be solved with a FOV slider for consoles. Reduce the FOV in the cockpit cam and shove the seat forward and voila - you would have your old dash-cam back from DR1. And the road outside would look bigger, more detailed and most importantly, more easily navigated.

1 hour ago, Jake Cushing said:

Your problem would be solved with a FOV slider for consoles. Reduce the FOV in the cockpit cam and shove the seat forward and voila - you would have your old dash-cam back from DR1. And the road outside would look bigger, more detailed and most importantly, more easily navigated.

Thats never going to happen though as Codies have already said the consoles cannot handle FOV adjustments with DR 2.0. 

I see no reason why it couldnt handle a camera placed on the dash though. While not the perfect solution its the best we can hope for.

On 4/1/2019 at 11:22 PM, FLAW3D said:

Thats never going to happen though as Codies have already said the consoles cannot handle FOV adjustments with DR 2.0.

Where did they say this? Last I heard the request had been fed back and it was up to the production team to include it in a future patch. But no mention that it wasn't ever going to be done. Also we have been requesting a slider with the current default set as 'maximum' so shouldn't be any frame rate issue.

Someone from Codies said it a few weeks back on here thats why it had to be omitted from the console versions.