‘Camera Shake’ - SOLVED!

Here is what they said. 'If frame rates permit, we would look to include it in a future patch'. After some of us pointed out that we wanted a slider which only reduces FOV, the comment (from Mike Robson) was 'I shall make a note and pass the feedback on'.

It has been noted and it's now up to a matter of priorities. I still am only half-hopeful that it will ever happen. But there is no reason it can't happen just because its consoles.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/26/2019 at 11:53 PM, bn880 said:

For sure it works, I even made a video showing it working... 

there is a very large difference in horizon/road stabilization.

Yes it really seems to work with PC at drivers seat, however I think it´s not work properly with PS4 or what do you think? At least camera movement to compensate shaking should be bigger.
Here´s video (seat is moved to front so it looks almost same as dashboard but it´s from drivers seat, that´s why cyckled those at start):

Edited by SimFunny

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SimFunny said:

Yes it really seems to work with PC at drivers seat, however I think it´s not work properly with PS4 or what do you think? At least camera movement to compensate shaking should be bigger.
Here´s video (seat is moved to front so it looks almost same as dashboard but it´s from drivers seat, that´s why cyckled those at start):

Yes for sure in that video the compensation/shake is much less than in my video.   I think mine was El Rodeo and for sure it was R2 Fiesta.  You could try to see if it compensates more there and in the Fiesta. (it could be car specific i am thinking)

Edited by bn880

4 hours ago, bn880 said:

Yes for sure in that video the compensation/shake is much less than in my video.   I think mine was El Rodeo and for sure it was R2 Fiesta.  You could try to see if it compensates more there and in the Fiesta. (it could be car specific i am thinking)

R2 Fiesta- El Rodeo:

5 hours ago, SimFunny said:

R2 Fiesta- El Rodeo:

Seems to work the same here except the camera (seat) is not pushed forward. 🙂

Can´t get it more forward, tried to move it every way but hiding meter is not possible with PS4 with that car.

So it seems to work also with consoles, still I hope they can tweak it so it affect some more and also you could use shake compensation with other views like bonnet.

On 3/31/2019 at 1:35 PM, bbbwww said:

try this. just extract it into the game's cars folder. It's just a subfolder per car with a cameras.xml file in it. If you don't like it, just delete these subfolders.

It restores the dash cam you're used to from DR1 (and raises bumper cam a bit).

cars.zip

This works with all the DLC cars?

Any one doubting that the camera shake in Argentina is completely wrong check this out.

10 minutes ago, doyaneedthis said:

Any one doubting that the camera shake in Argentina is completely wrong check this out.

are you a camera?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

are you a camera?

Nope just some one who has driven the stage.

46 minutes ago, doyaneedthis said:

Imo this video doesn't prove that camera shake in DR2 is wrong or unrealistic. What it proves though is that they overdid the bumpyness and unevenness of these roads in game, compared to reality. Obviously physical ruts or stones are missing in the game, as they are just visual/texture effects, so in that sense the roads are less rough then reality, but the 3D mesh of the road itself is way too bumpy.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Pistro said:

Imo this video doesn't prove that camera shake in DR2 is wrong or unrealistic. What it proves though is that they overdid the bumpyness and unevenness of these roads in game, compared to reality. Obviously physical ruts or stones are missing in the game, as they are just visual/texture effects, so in that sense the roads are less rough then reality, but the 3D mesh of the road itself is way too bumpy.

You say that but the road in the video looks to be covered in much more dirt than the hard, rocky surface we get in game, which would presumably smooth things out somewhat.

4 minutes ago, afahoy said:

You say that but the road in the video looks to be covered in much more dirt than the hard, rocky surface we get in game, which would presumably smooth things out somewhat.

Then my question is why, there was huge rain before this years event and still there is a better surface i have never seen this stage with many kilometers of bed rock.

Don't forget many real life professional cameras have image stabilization. 

On 3/31/2019 at 12:35 PM, bbbwww said:

try this. just extract it into the game's cars folder. It's just a subfolder per car with a cameras.xml file in it. If you don't like it, just delete these subfolders.

cars.zip

While not all of these cameras work perfectly (you will need to make some manual adjustments) everyone should have visibility of these files! They bring back the dash cam of DR1.

Congratulations to to the user for posting them! 

But codices should really hang their heads in shame for not being able to do, with millions of dollars, a team of developers and interns and unlimited time/resources... what 1 random user did in 5 minutes! 

@ChristinaMc Surly you guys, a AAA development team, being paid millions, can do for your flagship game, what 1 random forum member did for it in under 5 minutes! Come on! Seriously... come on! Stop being low effort and start over delivering! 

• Haha 2
  • Agree 2

On 3/31/2019 at 4:35 AM, bbbwww said:

cars.zip

Thanks for this.  Anyway you can update for the new dlc cars?