New Patch Out - PS4

Version 1.05 

Anyone heard anything? Hopefully a AA fix. 

Just downloading now only half gig. Right in the middle of a long community challenge too. Terrible timing hehe

Classed in game as 1.2.1 no patch  notes, messages in game or any acknowledgement to an update

On the PS4 when you check Update history it directs you to the Codemasters site for patch notes. Wont manage to get on until later to see if any AA, AF or FBB differences but if they just fix one of them a week i could live with that! Fingers crossed.  

Shows 1.0.127.3511 on Xbox One. Still 1.2.1 in-game.

That's interesting because yesterday the PC patch was 1.2.0, I'm curious to see if any patch notes arise.

Just got a new update through Steam of 7,9 gb 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, ALF said:

Just got a new update through Steam of 7,9 gb 

wow that's huge!

edit: clearly Monte Carlo btw, plus hopefully a bunch of fixes and tweaks. the rally locations are 4 to 6.2 GB each.

Edited by ianism

If they haven't announced anything it's probably just in prep for tomorrows DLC.

6 minutes ago, Decks said:

If they haven't announced anything it's probably just in prep for tomorrows DLC.

We all thought that came in the 10gb patch last week. How on earth did last weeks changes accumulate to 10gb 😭

Just had a quick 2 min shot with the pad and still as blurry as ever so defo no AA change. 

Is Monte Carlo going to be extremely blurry? Comparison screens could be interesting.  

• Agree 1

v1.2.1 patch notes are below:
- My Team Special Events issues fixed
- We've fixed not receiving input from unofficial devices (without re-connecting the device after press start)
- Special liveries and Monte Carlo Rally unlocked for Deluxe Edition players on Steam

• Like 1

Guess we'll have to wait some more weeks to see a patch v1.3 reduce the enormous bug list.

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Guess we'll have to wait some more weeks to see a patch v1.3 reduce the enormous bug list.

Enormous bug list ? If you think 28 is enormous, what about the bug list of PC2 ? It's well over 100, even more than 1 year after release.

Posted (edited)

What i meant is that it was big enough to render the game nearly unplayable. Some of those bugs are very serious and I fear those will take a huge chunk of time to debug. Some of them are not so easy to reproduce so that a fix can be developed. For example this grip bug, it's so random that it might be a pain to debug. The crashes to desktop as well, there have been attempts to fix those ever since v1.1 and they still happen.

I just hope they can get it right, because I know how hard and frustrating it can be as a programmer to try to find a bug in the code when it's not so evident. One of the reasons I moved to multimedia lol

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Riggs said:

What i meant is that it was big enough to render the game nearly unplayable. Some of those bugs are very serious and I fear those will take a huge chunk of time to debug. Some of them are not so easy to reproduce so that a fix can be developed. For example this grip bug, it's so random that it might be a pain to debug. The crashes to desktop as well, there have been attempts to fix those ever since v1.1 and they still happen.

I just hope they can get it right, because I know how hard and frustrating it can be as a programmer to try to find a bug in the code when it's not so evident. One of the reasons I moved to multimedia lol

huh, I haven't had any of those. 

Well, 500MB patch installed on PS4. Can't spot any differences. Still no keyboard support, no telemetry, still blurry and fancy lighting. Going back to other finished/fully playable games while waiting for a real DiRT 2.0 and not just a game where we beta-test and do the work of the QA team (based in India probably ...). I'm really really disapointed, and it seems I'm not the only one.

Yeah, because lack of keyboard support on a console, telemetry and graphical nuances make the game not playable. Have fun with other playable games, while I'm going to have a blast in Monte playing the unplayable Dirt Rally 2.0 on my PS4 tomorrow.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, danielofifi said:

Yeah, because lack of keyboard support on a console, telemetry and graphical nuances make the game not playable. Have fun with other playable games, while I'm going to have a blast in Monte playing the unplayable Dirt Rally 2.0 on my PS4 tomorrow.

I’m with you, I’m enjoying this game immensely! I’m not suggesting people are not having issues but other then the ffb needing an upgrade I’m not experiencing any problems. No Racenet issues to speak of, no blurring, I’m having a hard time finding a lot at fault with this game to be honest. I mean the fov for dash view is not to my liking (needs to be closer) but I’ve always switched between that and bonnet anyway, so I’m using bonnet.

To each their own but I trust Codie’s will address any glaring issues eventually. Or, maybe I’m just getting mellow in my old age.... 😬

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Cdnrally said:

I’m with you, I’m enjoying this game immensely! I’m not suggesting people are not having issues but other then the ffb needing an upgrade I’m not experiencing any problems. No Racenet issues to speak of, no blurring, I’m having a hard time finding a lot at fault with this game to be honest. I mean the fov for dash view is not to my liking (needs to be closer) but I’ve always switched between that and bonnet anyway, so I’m using bonnet.

To each their own but I trust Codie’s will address any glaring issues eventually. Or, maybe I’m just getting mellow in my old age.... 😬

Personally my 3 gripes with the game are

1) Missed notes in online lobby

2) AI in online lobbies

3) Glitched Achievements

Other than that from my experience the game is bloody brilliant and the mannerisms of the car are far better than DR1.

(......waits for downvotes......)

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SquadBruce said:

(......waits for downvotes......)

Are you really expecting to get downvotes from the community because you are enjoying the game? I truly hope you’ll be utterly disappointed on this one. Despite having a few more gripes with the game than you do, I couldn’t be happier for you. After all it is the love for this game that keeps us coming back here to speak our minds, otherwise why would we spend our valuable time and energy here when we could be ranting about so many nasty things that are happening all around the world.

Edited by Mastoideu

4 hours ago, Mastoideu said:

Are you really expecting to get downvotes from the community because you are enjoying the game? I truly hope you’ll be utterly disappointed on this one. Despite having a few more gripes with the game than you do, I couldn’t be happier for you. After all it is the love for this game that keeps us coming back here to speak our minds, otherwise why would we spend our valuable time and energy here when we could be ranting about so many nasty things that are happening all around the world.

I'm just going on past experience of receiving them just because people have differing opinions!!