Sign in to follow this  

Career mode championships, more then 6 rounds?

Hi, now that DLC's has started with Monte Carlo today. Is there anyway to increase the rounds each ''season'' in career mode? Since now it is random what rounds you lose each time, and is not that noticeble right now since 6 rounds and 7 locations. But when Sweden, Germany and potential other season 2 locations, then 6 rounds will be to few when there is 9+ locations...

• Agree 2

I don't think so. I have gotten only six after starting a new career championship. Maybe they will update it when we have gotten all 3 season 1 rallies?

It should get updated now with Monte, then with Sweden etc. Makes no sense otherwise.

• Agree 4

You will get monte in career mode. But you will still have 6 rallies. In my case, it replaced New Zealand. What I meant was at the end of season1 the amount of rallies would update from 6 to 9

• Sad 1

They should increase it to 8 when Sweden drops, but also adjust the number of stages per event if they increase the total event count.

I love this game and have no problem doing 20+ stage events, but I completely understand most players aren't like that. So what they should do is wait for Sweden to drop (because even numbers will work better) and then increase the event count by 2 but also lower the stage count by 1-2 per event. In the end you get would keep the total number of stages run about the same, but increase the variety for everyone which is a win-win in my eyes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 3

36 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

They should increase it to 8 when Sweden drops, but also adjust the number of stages per event if they increase the total event count.

I love this game and have no problem doing 20+ stage events, but I completely understand most players aren't like that. So what they should do is wait for Sweden to drop (because even numbers will work better) and then increase the event count by 2 but also lower the stage count by 1-2 per event. In the end you get would keep the total number of stages run about the same, but increase the variety for everyone which is a win-win in my eyes.

Yes that’s a good idea. One thing is for sure, the event tally needs to increase as locations are added, i’m surprised it hasn’t changed to 7 already to be honest. It’s basic stuff.

Edited by Pieman99

2 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

I will have to respectfully disagree on that one.  I think all of these discussions are a problem anyway with the way the Career is designed and online.  The aim should be to allow people a realistic length of stages and events to mimic a real rally season _if they so choose_ (and yes in a Career not a custom championship thats disconnected from the financial/career game aspect).  Having more stages per event actually makes it fun so that you can climb up a leaderboard if you made a mistake etc.  or had to change a tyre.  Right now it's already annoyingly short.

• Agree 5

hmmm, these are good points. I too would like to see more events in each championship.

however, I would actually like fewer stages per event. there simply aren't enough unique roads in each location (not to mention times of day and weather conditions... Dirt 4 was waaaay better) and I get a little bored driving the same roads over and over again. for me, 6 is the most I am happy with.

by the way, has anyone actually had Monte Carlo in career mode yet?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

7 hours ago, ianism said:

however, I would actually like fewer stages per event.

I disagree with that. The rallys in career are already short enough to make a blown tyre a huge problem, though simultaneously short service intervals make all the other damage and wear negligible.

• Agree 1

Yes please,

+1 to update career rallies to include all available locations

Codemasters, there is now soon 9 rally locations in this game, 10 after next season. Can you please increase rally rounds in career mode now(atleast make it optional)... When it's 10 locations in the game and 6 in career mode then there is 4 rally's you don't get this season, so fun to start season with ''oh, 3-4 of my favorite rallys, then I have paid twice for the same locations, is not in this season, yaaay''...

• Agree 3

I'm actually OK with the 6 events per season thing. Sure, it would be nice if it were optional, but it's nice to have a bit of randomness to each season and it helps keeps events fresh when they've been out of rotation for a couple of championships. I've not had Australia in my last two and it's going to be a bit of a challenge to pick those back up.

Of course, it would be nicest for the player to be able to choose how many events they have (of course, some players only have access to 6 locations) but I'm a bigger fan of the current system than I thought I'd be.

• Agree 3

could they not maybe just create a separate 'D+' championship (or whatever you want to call it) for people with the DLC that could be run in addition to the regular 6-event championship in career mode? with 8-10 events or whatever. no idea how feasible that would be to do but just throwing it out there.

or maybe even just add something like a 'regenerate' option for the regular championship that would regenerate the event selections if you don't like the original order and/or events. at the moment the only way to regenerate a championship is to start it then abandon it, which bumps you down a level if you do it too many times.

Edited by Tranzitive
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Tranzitive said:

could they not maybe just create a separate 'D+' championship (or whatever you want to call it) for people with the DLC that could be run in addition to the regular 6-event championship in career mode? with 8-10 events or whatever. no idea how feasible that would be to do but just throwing it out there.

or maybe even just add something like a 'regenerate' option for the regular championship that would regenerate the event selections if you don't like the original order and/or events. at the moment the only way to regenerate a championship is to start it then abandon it, which bumps you down a level if you do it too many times.

Give this man a cookie...

I totally agree, there should be a D+ Career mode where all the rally locations should be present.

... oooor just allow custom championships in my team mode? 

could be combined rally/RX or not.

could be with or without a difficulty slider.

I don't care, I just want more stuff to do in my team because the historic championships don't really reward you with anything.

using your own cars and team in historic and the world rallycross championship would be nice too.

Edited by ianism
  • Agree 1