Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanks for the Monte Carlo Rally stage(s) CM

Recommended Posts

Just want to thank You for the Monte Carlo Rally stages.

I made a few runs with the Mini Cooper and Ford Escort and have big fun. It´s almost scary on those narrow icy roads.

I finde there are too many negative posts in here and would like to cheer You up,

This Rally sim is really good, but offcourse I look forward to the FFB fixes. But with the suggested file edits, found elsehwere around, I got decent FFB.

Keep up the good work ☺️

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The warning of "Ice patches here" is missing for this stage because the patches can spin your car easily.
I think Codemasters forget it as the code of FFB ground effects in this simulator game.

Also you can't select time and weather for hotlapping. This DLC is a disappointment.
DR20_cantselecttimeweather.thumb.jpg.45494cbe82d3c385406bb237730f4e48.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mesa said:

The warning of "Ice patches here" is missing for this stage because the patches can spin your car easily.
I think Codemasters forget it as the code of FFB ground effects in this simulator game.

Also you can't select time and weather for hotlapping. This DLC is a disappointment.
DR20_cantselecttimeweather.thumb.jpg.45494cbe82d3c385406bb237730f4e48.jpg

2

But you never get monte in wet, not even in custom event. So there isn't any reason to have multiple weather options in time-trial for monte. Also all the other rallies have only two options  one dry ons one wet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some options you should select:

- Day or Night
- Dry or Snowing
- Foggy or Clear

For example.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

right, on dirt 1 it's possible have monte with heavy snow, and day or night with snow, on dlc, only little snow on night, why?? and wny not possible have wet tarmac?? the monte it's great, and i'm happy for this dlc, but same stage of dirt 1, without all conditions, it's ridiculous for paid dlc pass...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to have more weather conditions for all the courses at all times of day (and increase those too please, 4 isn't enough....)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is definitely not enough variety in weather and time of day. Anyone remember the "showers" setting in Dirt 4 that had rain that would increase and decrease in intensity during the stage? Why do features like that get stripped out when they should just be carried over? It's infuriating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ice feels way better in this than DR1. I feel like in DR1 it didn't get slippery until the higher part of the stage, this every small patch of ice feels very dangerous. Really impressed with how much of an upgrade this is to the original Monte Carlo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fjacobsen said:

Just want to thank You for the Monte Carlo Rally stages.

I made a few runs with the Mini Cooper and Ford Escort and have big fun. It´s almost scary on those narrow icy roads.

I finde there are too many negative posts in here and would like to cheer You up,

This Rally sim is really good, but offcourse I look forward to the FFB fixes. But with the suggested file edits, found elsehwere around, I got decent FFB.

Keep up the good work ☺️

 

 

Pats on the back for releasing content for a game that was not finished from the beginning? Let’s save the kudos for when they are justified. Not like they gave you a free location, which should have been the case after the debacle that this game is in its current state. Sorry for my cynicism - I love DR, but I feel the ‘thanks’ are a little premature...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Buckwilder said:

 

Pats on the back for releasing content for a game that was not finished from the beginning? Let’s save the kudos for when they are justified. Not like they gave you a free location, which should have been the case after the debacle that this game is in its current state. Sorry for my cynicism - I love DR, but I feel the ‘thanks’ are a little premature...

 

Honestly...

Codemasters is a business. They got developers and other staff hired that needs payment.

Dirt Rally 2 is a new game - ok with some old, but refurbished stages added fra the older Dirt 1.

If You didn´t buy the Deluxe version, You have to pay 3,49 euro to get Monte Carlo. Where I live You cannot even get a Hotdog for that price, so please be fair.

The new physics are a big step forward compared to DR1, and that was considered very good.

It´s a real shame that both the Stean Forum and this forum is so filled up with negative attitudes, when in fact it's a rather big step forward.

I agree that FFB should have been better on release day, but I´m sure it will be fixed soon.

The trend these days are, that people have no patience at all - if something isn´t perfect from day one, then it´s trash and people start to shout "Refund I have been cheated".Calm down and give the developers the time needed to make the proper fixes and enjoy what is enjoyable until then.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Fjacobsen

I believe you are confusing negativism with criticism. With very few exceptions, people are voicing their concerns about what’s not working out for them, suggesting improvements, asking for fixes and new contents all in a respectful and constructive way. And this happens because people care about the game (and the money they’ve invested in it).

I won’t congratulate CM for delivering the content that was promised and, in my case, pre-paid. But I’ll criticize them for not fixing the problems we’ve been denouncing since the game was launched, which in some cases are even game breakers! Adding sugarcoating on a burned cake won’t make it taste good... it will just look better.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mastoideu said:

I won’t congratulate CM for delivering the content that was promised and, in my case, pre-paid.

Thing is, after the D4 'support' many people really appreciate every bit of content and info that actually makes it's way to us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Fjacobsen said:

The trend these days are, that people have no patience at all - if something isn´t perfect from day one, then it´s trash and people start to shout "Refund I have been cheated".Calm down and give the developers the time needed to make the proper fixes and enjoy what is enjoyable until then.

And I also have to disagree with this, sorry.

The trend these days (and as it has always been) is that people want to get what they paid for, not a crippled version of what has been announced that will eventually be fixed later on. There’s a huge difference between finding a couple of bugs that escaped quality control before launch that can easily be squished later on and releasing a half baked product counting on the paying customers patience while they finish it at their leisure (if at all). Unfortunately the later seems to be the trend of the games industry presently, which doesn’t mean that we, the customers, have to quietly accept it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fjacobsen said:

Honestly...

Codemasters is a business. They got developers and other staff hired that needs payment.

Dirt Rally 2 is a new game - ok with some old, but refurbished stages added fra the older Dirt 1.

If You didn´t buy the Deluxe version, You have to pay 3,49 euro to get Monte Carlo. Where I live You cannot even get a Hotdog for that price, so please be fair.

The new physics are a big step forward compared to DR1, and that was considered very good.

It´s a real shame that both the Stean Forum and this forum is so filled up with negative attitudes, when in fact it's a rather big step forward.

I agree that FFB should have been better on release day, but I´m sure it will be fixed soon.

The trend these days are, that people have no patience at all - if something isn´t perfect from day one, then it´s trash and people start to shout "Refund I have been cheated".Calm down and give the developers the time needed to make the proper fixes and enjoy what is enjoyable until then.

 

NO ONE is expecting 100 % perfection on release. How did you come up with that ? Because people are criticizing the game for the huge amounts of bugs the game released with ? People were simply expecting a WAY less buggy game. And most of the stuff I read here and on Steam is constructive criticism. Some may have a more snarky or cynical way of expressing these criticisms, but at least I can´t really blame them after what happens in the whole industry at the moment; and after what happened with Dirt 4 before DR 2.0. That game burned a lot of trust in many people (not talking about the "game is ****; Codemasters sux!!!!-kind of people).

And people having no patience ? The video-game crowd is still one of the more forgiving ones. The video-game-industry is one of the few industries where the companies can get away with unfinished, buggy  and even broken stuff on a regular basis. What I see is that more and more people getting angry because more and more games are released in an unfinished and/or buggy state. With less content/features than its predecessor (which is true for DR 2.0 as well regarding the base-package). With more and more crappy monetization. In my opinion it is a good thing that more and more people seem to speak out against these things.

I agree that there should be respect for the devs themselves. I can imagine they´re having the most stress right now, to fix the stuff that only happened because of decisions being made by the higher-ups in the company. But I have not really a huge amount of respect for the people who decided that Dirt Rally 2.0 was good enough for release. Who decided to have an Always-Online-Career in the game. Who decided a staggered release was a good idea. Because these people don´t seem to have ANY respect for the money we pay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to say, but most posts I have seen in the various forums are indeed of this kind: "game is ****; Codemasters sux!!!!-, I want a refund, I will never buy a Codemaster game again". Thats not critisism, but negatism. With this kind of attitude, the devs don´t have to fix anything, cause these people (if they do what they say) are long gone from this game.

It´s fully Ok to be unhappy and express it, but then better do it in a more helpfull way that highlights th exact problem, so that it can be fixed.

I did not say that Codemasters shouldn´t have ensured a less buggy release version, cause I think they should. I also wonder how the FFB could be released in it´s current state.

But DR2 is not unplayable (at least for me on the PC version). Physics are great, graphics are great and smooth, sounds are way better than in DR1. FFB is turned way down and not what I had expected, but with some tweaks I goto it to work more or less Ok with my Thrustmaster T150 wheel.

Should we thank companies for products we have paid for ? - well we don´t have to, but this world would become rather sterile if we didn´t try to show some appreciation for the job done by the developers. A "Thank You" costs nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Games are like any other consumer products. How would you react if your brand new car or computer or toaster didn’t perform as expected? How lenient and patient would you be if you would have to return them and wait for them to be fixed? Just because games can be fixed and/or completed online doesn’t mean we have to accept that they are (intentionally?) released in a less than perfect condition. Due to their complexity I can accept that some bugs are found along the way, as it can also happen with a brand new car, in which case the brand recalls it for repair to avoid loosing reputation and/or legal consequences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Fjacobsen said:

A "Thank You" costs nothing.

Thank you Codemasters. There, I said it and I even mean it. Now... could you pretty please fix the game, including this:

 

10 minutes ago, Fjacobsen said:

I also wonder how the FFB could be released in it´s current state

So that we can all be happy? 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to thanks codemasters for this update. Finally something for dirt rally one players but this is something much better than monte from dr1. U must search traction all the time . When u must to brake to the hairspin its fight for the grip . Throttle makes car powerslide and good feeling like real. My English is not so good so it will be great if you understand what I just write 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Buckwilder said:

 

Pats on the back for releasing content for a game that was not finished from the beginning? Let’s save the kudos for when they are justified. Not like they gave you a free location, which should have been the case after the debacle that this game is in its current state. Sorry for my cynicism - I love DR, but I feel the ‘thanks’ are a little premature...

 

Couldn't disagree more with this post. You obviously haven't played Monte and have a chip on your shoulder. This is a very good game and this is a very good addition that for non pass holders costs a mere 3 quid. 3 quid for the amount of work that has gone into upgrading this route is a bargain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

glad to see we have yet another thread descending into bickering over how to respond to a game that is very good, but has many flaws.

yo, I'm playing on a kb and still having a blast, though I'd like more unique km in each location. 

personally, I'll be happy if they bring more times of day and weather to all locations, make Season 2 mostly rally content, and let me play DLC locations in the Historic Championship and Community/AI events. and another stage or two per locations, of course  

oh and better menus and more options, especially this button: 

Inked20190325115157_1_LI.thumb.jpg.3d44e463a234d4b370fd70061a0cd124.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went onto the store to see what price Monte Carlo was and shocked to find out it was £2.89!! Aboslute no brainer and purchased straightaway. Only had time for a quick run but my first impressions were great. So much better than DR1. I’m a PS4 Pro owner and whilst I appreciate some comments on the graphics side of things this looks great to me. Tarmac to ice/snow transition works very well. Whilst I admit I’m looking forward to WRC 8, this game is shaping up to be brilliant with future updates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly! It's a bargain download price, and you even get it free in multiplayer. I'd rather one Monte with no weather options but the handling is first-rate, than multiple Montes where the handling is primitive or compromised. Codies have delivered here. Let's not forget that when the handling is great, you will want to do a thousand runs to improve and get it right. When the handling is not so great...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm super impressed with the price too.

also, there's a new section in My Team now. presumably the DLC will rotate into these slots. hopefully it'll be inserted into Monthly Challenges too.

20190326103308_1.thumb.jpg.aa78f5a9ef197ae9be26bc4c25dc832c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×