Patch 4.5 - now rolling out

Hey team - we've just started the process of rolling out patch 4.5 to all compatible devices. Please note that no update is required - you should be prompted the next time you start up the game to just download the new data. 

The patch aims to address a number of player-reported topics since Update 4, including: 

- Brake assist functionality 

- Improvements to the beginning of Sprint Race/Qualifying Duels 

- Penalty system implementation

- HUD appearance 

- Dynamic racing line accuracy 

As always, any and all feedback you have regarding the patch is welcomed and taken on board. The team have attempted to address as much as they can and treated player-reported topics and priorities. The feedback we receive from all game channels drives our content output and focus, so keep it coming.

See you on the track! 

• Agree 3

Was prompted to redownload the whole game from AppStore again. 

Game seems to play much better than 4.0 but keeps getting connection issues and loss points from it. 

Still pretty aggressive driving by A1. Over driving corners and hitting and spinning us out. I guess my question is this a RACE? Or a DUEL because the definition of a DUEL is 2!  So i guess just give points for the highest up you finish. At least then its legit. This continues to be ridiculous. I guess kids love it though 

Quick update: if your device didn't automatically download the files upon restart, head to the App Store/Play Store, where you'll be able to add the patch manually. Thanks 🙂

Posted (edited)

Ummmmm.....I just played two grid starts and both of my opponents started in P2 and P1 respectively while I was back in P7. What the hell is up with that? I guess let me know when the next patch comes out and I'll try this game again. Ridiculous how messed up this game is. 

Also, you are having major server issues. The game seems much more jerky that it was before. Opponents are glitching across the track, and difficulty connecting to duels. 

Edited by xdakota80x

44 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Quick update: if your device didn't automatically download the files upon restart, head to the App Store/Play Store, where you'll be able to add the patch manually. Thanks 🙂

I see no patch nothing in apps. Unless this updated on its own it isnt visa le to me. Only thing i see different is the SR harder to go up. Still hit from behind on steaight by A1 car. Spun into wall. Finished in last. Never touched a soul and lost 3 SR points 👍 nice ! 

Just got taken out on the straightaway by someone who did not want to be passed. I got DNF and lost 2 SR points. That how this patch is going to work? 

Last post. Im sure you all will be happy to know im deleting my forum acct. no need to keep venting here. Nothing is going to change. Still getting raced way to hard spun out SR doesnt work still penalized and oh yeah. Still serious connection issues and lising motor sound. Any of these things sound familiar???? 

Posted (edited)

After 6 attempts a connecting  finally got a race at Silverstone. An easy track for me. Usually. I know how fast I can take each corner, where to brake. But not now. Spent the whole race on the grass. I think it sums up your updates.

I've had to adjust settings to compensate for this update. No brake assists and low stability and steering are a thing of the past. The car I had yesterday is uncontrollable today. Just in time for Bahrain. Great.

A few more races a few more losses thanks to being run off the track. Oh and brake assist and maximum assists do nothing. Car control has dropped by 80% since yesterday. Do you sit around trying to figure out ways to ruin this game? Nothing you listed show any signs of improvement and like Outlawchamp I'm sick of coming here to complain. So long.

Edited by slayton

Posted (edited)

Hi,

So there seems to be some improvements regarding racing line and brake assist since I can win duels now which I couldn’t do anymore (lost 700 cup points following previous update).

But still, on some tracks (Austria-Niki Lauda curves, Monza-Ascari, Suzuka-first turn, Sochi turn 8 at least) I’m fighting toe to toe with my opponent and suddenly, in a single curve or chicane, I lose 1.5-2 sec with no particular mistake on my side which makes me think brake assist problems are not entirely solved.

Indeed some things were changed because I end up regularly in the grass on numerous corners I knew exactly how to handle before. Annoying but I’ll just have to adjust I guess.

In the end the most important thing for me right now is the brake assist not completely solved. Losing so much time through a single curve against opponents not using brake assist is quite frustrating.

Thanks

Edited by Norrin78

Posted (edited)

Ok so after a few more races, I’m not sure if the problem comes from brake assist or players getting unfair advantage by going ultra wide in some corners without being penalized.

Bottom line is that sometimes I win 3-5 sec ahead and sometimes I trail way behind without really understanding why 🤔

At least I win some 😅

Edited by Norrin78

After about 30 races this patch is looking good on my end on an iPadPro.  The car setup I have is fast and handles great.

Had a lot of crashers untill my SR finally moved out of the red.  I laid back and did "touring laps" several races with no contact or corner cuts to try to get SR into the yellow but it took 10+ races for SR to start moving up.   Hard to tell if SR is working given there is no detailed explanation for how it should work... 

When SR was in the red, I found it better to lay back to avoid "crasher risk" at least through the first sector.  They often crash into bot's on their own or it is fun to fake a pass and watch them  fly off the track attempting to hit.  Even better if you can position a bot between you and the crasher, and hope they will try to take out the bot.

Challenges have win duel race in grid start, but whenever I play a duel it is a qualifying race format by default. The only option of grid start is there in single mode.

Is there a way to choose the type of duel race

3 hours ago, Ryderftw said:

Challenges have win duel race in grid start, but whenever I play a duel it is a qualifying race format by default. The only option of grid start is there in single mode.

Is there a way to choose the type of duel race

How I wish duel race is qualifying by default. It’s supposed to be random but in past versions, grid races made up a higher ratio. Which was extremely frustrating with all the issues with grid start races

The car still is almost parking to let the opponent pass before a sprint race. Many players reported that.

The epic parts rate droped from 1% to 0.5%. Has anyone complained the game was giving to much epic parts?

1895043612_Screenshot_20190330-085852_F1Mobile.thumb.jpg.0bc6426c3719882ddf6301d5938f8b6e.jpg