Sign in to follow this  

Rally Monte Carlo general feelings..

Now, i am fairly sure this is not going to get a wide support (maybe it is) but I have just done two of the long Monte Stages now the rally has released and I can say there is still work to do on them! how can you have the Codriver mention only when you come onto the main stretch of snow? and then think of not mentioning that patch of ice just over the crest before a hairpin turn?... The notes that are currently on the two monte stages i have tried seem very arcade like as if they are there to catch the player out.. this never happens IRL and nearly all patches of Ice are included in the notes why is this not so?

also its a bit of a shame personally that this is just a copy paste from DR and being resold as I was hoping that you may of found it possible to include at least another short stage in there.. I hope this can be thought about for Germany, as that rally is much more than just the Baumholder Military range.. in fact the narrow stages with sharp bends in the Vineyards are much more exciting than the open wide Baumholder stages IMO.

its a shame that the DLC seems to be a money grab for old content..

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 3

I dont agree. 

i think MC in Dirt 2.0 feels much better than the old one. 

And for one i dont mind old tracks tp be remastered, but i would like some new additions like new routes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ImTheOx11 said:

I dont agree. 

i think MC in Dirt 2.0 feels much better than the old one. 

Im not saying it doesnt feel better it does! and i agree! BUT the codriver should have 'Ice', 'slippy', 'care', 'Caution' in the notes, but there is no mention of the huge patch of ice that is miraculously just before that sharp/hidden bend. maybe i am the only one who listens to the codriver then? 😛

• Agree 4

Dirt Rally 2.0 with the ice patches feels more real. More, in general the tarmac feels better in any condition.
However we have no FFB effects yet...

I just don't understand why no cautions in the pacenotes about patches? Do they forgot to record the voice of Phil Mills?

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, RallyLover19 said:

I just don't understand why no cautions in the pacenotes about patches? Do they forgot to record the voice of Phil Mills?

also surprised there is no studded tyre, it will be interesting to see if Sweden has more grip this time round. its a shame. Yes the patches of Ice do make it more real but they are in daft place IMO as IRL they would be in areas in shadow from rock faces etc areas that dont really see the sun.. they wont be under trees, on random sections of the road in my experience. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Ok Ok i see whats your main issue with Monte Carlo here. 

But i have a theory we need to test though. 

Does terrain deformation in MonteCarlo mean: Ice patches becoming Snow Slurries or just plain water puddles in time? 

if so, our co-Driver can't exactly predict the current terrain situation. 

That would make sense. 

Edited by ImTheOx11

1 minute ago, ImTheOx11 said:

But i have a theory we need need to test it though. 

Does terrain deformation in MonteCarlo mean: Ice patches becoming Snow Slurries or just plain water puddles in time? 

if so the co driver cant exactly predict the current terrain situation. 

I disagree,

in terms of the WRC crews at least they have Ice Note Crews that do the stages a couple of hours before the cars (as they do on all tarmac rallies but no longer on gravel rallies.)

in terms of everyone else they will go over the stages a few days before the rally to make their notes (as do the WRC guys) so drivers can get a feeling for what the conditions maybe on the day. dunno, it just seems to be really lacking any real information where as the rest of the events have lengths of corners and if it may be slippy or not (if that makes sense)

it would of been better if Codies had of explained this though if your theory is correct

• Agree 1

Well i agree on one thing, the co driver could at least say "Keep left/right" Or "Stay Outside/Inside"  of turns. it would help allot regarding ice patches. 

Edited by ImTheOx11
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, AT4047 said:

also surprised there is no studded tyre, it will be interesting to see if Sweden has more grip this time round. its a shame. Yes the patches of Ice do make it more real but they are in daft place IMO as IRL they would be in areas in shadow from rock faces etc areas that dont really see the sun.. they wont be under trees, on random sections of the road in my experience. 

Hyundai's WRC squad told us before Sweden that the snow has more grip than tarmac in the hot, because of the special pinned tyres.

Check this out:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt-VOqaIMXq/

Edited by RallyLover19
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, RallyLover19 said:

Hyundai's WRC squad told us before Sweden that the snow has more grip than tarmac in the hot, because of the special pinned tyres.

Studs are great for offroad and a nightmare on Tarmac. 

Can you imagine MC on studs 🤣 

at least you could drift in flat turns meybe even make some sparks! 

Edited by ImTheOx11

2 hours ago, ImTheOx11 said:

you do obviously know that the Monte event does run a studded tyre right?

and yes they do run with them on the tarmac, not because of grip on the tarmac obviously but if you have a stage that is 40% Snow/ice 20% ice and 40% Tarmac they would look at taking the studded winter tyre...

MICHELIN_21-980x470.jpg

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, AT4047 said:

you do obviously know that the Monte event does run a studded tyre right?

and yes they do run with them on the tarmac, not because of grip on the tarmac obviously but if you have a stage that is 40% Snow/ice 20% ice and 40% Tarmac they would look at taking the studded winter tyre...

MICHELIN_21-980x470.jpg

oof i had a different image in my head. 

But in Dirt 2.0 it says Winter Tyres though, thats not studs. 

Also they grip realy well on tarmac for being studs. 

Or meybe they use tyres lile in your picture, they kinda look like half studs half road. 

I tryed studs on tarmac once in real life... it was horrible. 

Edited by ImTheOx11

3 hours ago, ImTheOx11 said:

oof i had a different image in my head. 

But in Dirt 2.0 it says Winter Tyres though, thats not studs. 

Also they grip realy well on tarmac for being studs. 

Or meybe they use tyres lile in your picture, they kinda look like half studs half road. 

I tryed studs on tarmac once in real life... it was horrible. 

yeah there are two types of winter tyre for the Monte, there is the winter tyre and the winter tyre with studs, there is no great length to the studs used for the Monte, and thats because there isnt a great depth of Ice to dig through and as you mention studs on Tar isnt great. I would hope that the tyres in DR2.0 are the winter tyres without studs, as there really isnt the grip that should be possible if studs were in the tyre.

they use exactly these tyres on the Monte, having the studs on the outside thirds of the tyres helps when there is Ice but is not too detrimental on the Tar

• Agree 2

Patches of ice are temporary nature-objects. 
I don't think, they should be on the noticepad (notice-block) of the co-driver or called out from co-driver.

Greetz.

Ussually in MC they run a mix of tyres on the car. So f.e. Winter on left front and right rear and soft on right front and left rear. This option is so far not possible. 

On 3/27/2019 at 5:34 AM, ImTheOx11 said:

Studs are great for offroad and a nightmare on Tarmac. 

Yes I could imagine it on studs,would be of course drifting on tarmac sections but much better on the ice patches .  Tiny little studs for tarmac.

Anyway,  YES definitely there should be pacenotes to match the conditions better. (not perfect but better than now would be helpful)  People saying something that ice is not permanent etc etc, well let the Developers deal with this.  You should think in terms of real life.

My feedback on Monte is its massively better than DR1, but ice is not really ice yet.  It needs to be 2x more slippy if its clear ice.  For now it qualifies as an ice mix matrix, ~2x more grip than real ice.

2 hours ago, MBastieK said:

Patches of ice are temporary nature-objects. 
I don't think, they should be on the noticepad (notice-block) of the co-driver or called out from co-driver.

Greetz.

they are, but they are exactly what is done IRL, the gravel crew will go through stages and they will note patches of Ice and help the decision on what tyres to take

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, AT4047 said:

they are, but they are exactly what is done IRL, the gravel crew will go through stages and they will note patches of Ice and help the decision on what tyres to take

Ok, thanks for info.
What tyres to take and written and called on pace-notes, I think!?! Thanks.

Greetz.

Edited by MBastieK

the Gravel crew will go though and note anything that isnt on the competitors own pace notes (ice patches, dirt, snow etc etc) and from that it will help the competitor in choosing a tyre yes.

34 minutes ago, AT4047 said:

the Gravel crew will go though and note anything that isnt on the competitors own pace notes (ice patches, dirt, snow etc etc) and from that it will help the competitor in choosing a tyre yes.

And they also use/add it for co-driver pace-note calls?

Greetz.

Edited by MBastieK

7 minutes ago, MBastieK said:

Greetz.

YES OF COURSE if it's anything significant.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, MBastieK said:

Greetz.

yes, thay will either call them up on the phone or try and meet them on the road section somewhere

9 minutes ago, bn880 said:

YES OF COURSE if it's anything significant.

4 minutes ago, AT4047 said:

yes, thay will either call them up on the phone or try and meet them on the road section somewhere

Ok. Thanks.
I just don't want the game too easy.
But if this is IRL Codemasters could make things like that in a good software-architectur optionaliziable.

Greetz.