Sign in to follow this  

Old threads & team profiles

I've been scrolling through the old forum threads from launch time and I must say from page 58 to about page 48 some of them were gold in terms of info on the game. Focus then inevitably shifted too much towards the negatives, such as save game corruption, fragmented online structure, various bugs, etc., but those early threads were about what is right about this game and the anticipation and I can only recommend reading them.

One thing I was after - after reading a brief description about how the ever-elusive K&N Motorsport picks its drivers - was if there were other team profile descriptions hidden among the topics. ('Only' Ravenwest, Team KICKER, Monster Energy and Oakley got its own post on the Codies Blog.) I found nothing else, so I'd like to ask @Loore if the other teams were also given such 'personalities' and if you would be able to further elaborate on the 'lore' of GRID Autosport a bit more (pun intended, though no offense, lol).

I'm primarily interested in teams, their driver preferences, presence and general descriptions. (As for drivers, I know I can find the driver descriptions in Career mode.)

It is pretty strange that K&N Motorsport didn't get any love, considering (from my experience) that the K&N guys place way higher than any of the Oakley or Kicker scrubs, yet they don't get any team profiles on the Codies Blog.

The plan was to talk about all of the teams, but unfortunately with only a 9 week gap between announce and launch there was only so much that could be done. In the end I thought prioritising tracks and other features would be a better use of time.

It's not impossible we can dig into them all, most of the information exists it's just a matter of putting it all together in a readable format. If there's a demand for such a thing I can add it to my backlog :)

Loore said:
The plan was to talk about all of the teams, but unfortunately with only a 9 week gap between announce and launch there was only so much that could be done. In the end I thought prioritising tracks and other features would be a better use of time.

It's not impossible we can dig into them all, most of the information exists it's just a matter of putting it all together in a readable format. If there's a demand for such a thing I can add it to my backlog :)
Thanks for the reply.

I for one hope there will be a demand you guys consider high enough - in other words, count me in, but that's obvious, I think. :smile: 

Personally, at this point I don't care whether or not more information is given out. The only reason it'll ever matter to me at this point is if there's going to be a direct sequel to this game that contains all the same teams. If that isn't the case, there's really no reason to elaborate on a game that's over half a year old now.

Personally, at this point I don't care whether or not more information is given out. The only reason it'll ever matter to me at this point is if there's going to be a direct sequel to this game that contains all the same teams. If that isn't the case, there's really no reason to elaborate on a game that's over half a year old now.
Well, I understand and accept you don't want to, but I don't agree with your reasoning. To some, an over half a year old game could still be interesting, for example, if they picked it up (actively) a long time after release.

I do feel like, though, that most of the players are on your wavelength. I just thought I'd give it shot and see if it happens.

Loore said:
 all, most of the information exists it's just a matter of putting it all together in a readable format. 
What do you mean by "readable"? Are the teams info on post-it notes?

vulix14 said:
Loore said:
 all, most of the information exists it's just a matter of putting it all together in a readable format. 
What do you mean by "readable"? Are the teams info on post-it notes?
Game development tends to deal in a lot of spreadsheets :)

Atticvs said:
if they picked it up (actively) a long time after release.
And there you go. It's GRID, the company's going to slap a couple of DLCs and updates on it and leave it alone. It's at that point, now.