Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Delta time in community events

Hi,

I like driving the community events (dailies, weeklies, monthlies). While driving, the delta time after each sector is clearly my delta relative to the currently fastest time of all participants. Now this doesn't give me much information, because even though I am usually 30-40 seconds behind after each stage, I still usually manage to get placed into high tier 2 or sometimes even tier 1. Plus it is rather frustrating to see that big of a time difference.

So in order to make the delta in the community events a bit more helpful, how about we could set a "target tier" in the options/profile or maybe even for each event? And while driving, my time will be compared to the (currently) worst time that would put me in my target tier. E.g. if I set it to tier 1, my delta would be green (faster) if my time would get me into tier 1, and red (slower) if I'd land in tier 2.

i like this idea.

In a couple of community daily events, the delta time has been something i have been capable of beating - I am not normally close to the top times - and i was not having issues connecting to racenet or anything. it's not a case of me just doing the event right when it becomes available. 

does anyone know why this might happen?