Sign in to follow this  

Best R5 car

22 hours ago, RallyLover19 said:

Polo R5 is a big Fail.
I can't understand how VW did make a bad job... They used Fabias - same engine, same suspensions, same everything and they had 1 years to develop that car and much-much slower than Fabias IRL too

So true. It's not just not as fast, it's also terribly unreliable as we've seen in WRC2 & ERC lately.

idk but the fiesta feels so weird on tarmac while sliding around hairpins in comparison to all other r5´s ive driven till now. you have to go basically counterlock to get a steady angle, may need to fiddle with positive rear toe a bit.

I like all R5 cars, but normally I drive the Ford Fiesta R5. I'm a big WRC fan, and what Malcom Wilson did the last two years with Ogier was just spectacular. And this year despite not having Ogier anymore, they are doing a great job with Elfyn Evans.. It was very disappointing the puncture that Evans got on Corsica.

So come on M-Sport!! 🙂

Pd: I can't wait for the Focus WRC 07.

• Like 1

I tried Fiesta , C3, Skoda and VW R5s in custom rally events. I made comparisons on the shortest track in New Zealand , using identical set-up. The fastest record was made by C3, followed by Skoda, then Fiesta and VW the last. I tried several times with different running orders . C3 comes more to the top. Strange . I know Skoda races better than C3 in real . But I just couldn't make it with the same setting . Perhaps my setting up the cars are questionable . But it felt that I succeeded in balancing them from understeering .

Same setup doesn't provide same results for each car, bear that in mind. But I noticed the C3 is overall more responsive in turns.

Veiby is currently leading WRC2 with a Polo, so it can't be that bad. Also Camilli was leading in Corsica before his Polo went up in flames.

208 best on tarmac I think. At least for me. We are talking a couple of seconds over a long stage though. R5's are very balanced.

Also it has the proper audio in now I think. Sounds great when idling with exhaust pops.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

208 sounds the best and drives the second best, just after the Mitsubishi!

i think P208 is most balanced. And i agree polo is total dissapointment. Can’t try mitsu, it too ugly to watch it on replay.

30 minutes ago, Bosthian said:

i think P208 is most balanced. And i agree polo is total dissapointment. Can’t try mitsu, it too ugly to watch it on replay.

Try to watch this 😉

• Like 1

The Peugeot 208 R5 T16 always seems to draw me into driving it.

I've created a few liveries for it as well. There's something about it. Something I can't put my finger on but...