AI Times Are Completely Off

9 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

Seems Codies want this game to be the Dark Souls of racing games infact even Dark Souls seems easy compared to this.

Yeah, in the Soulsborne-Games, and the most recent FROM-Game Sekiro you can make plenty of mistakes, and still beat the Boss or reach the next Bonfire/Lantern/Idol. But these AI-times in DR2.0 look as if they´re demanding 100% perfection; in handling the car and by taking the ONE perfect Route through the Stage; if a time like that is even reachable at all for Non-AI-Drivers.......The AI being roundabout 7,5 seconds faster than the fastest player at this point, and that under harsher conditions seems to be WAY overtuned; even for Masters. Just another thing on the list that would have benefitted from more thorough playtesting; or an Early Access-Release.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Civarello said:

...AI-times in DR2.0 look as if they´re demanding 100% perfection; in handling the car and by taking the ONE perfect Route through the Stage...

Feels like that, still someones made their way to Master level at career championship.
Best for me was 9:th at Elite level, difference to TOP 3 seems be something like 15 seconds/stage and without any big mistakes, however driving line could be more optimal.
Doing this through 60 stages is...pretty hard.
This demand for perfection is little frustrating, we are humans not bots.

• Agree 1

1.3 doesn't seem to fix the crazy AI-times and so i hit the 'retire' option once I'm in Elite again and fall back to Pro-level within a few minutes. I wouldn't mind some better times than Pro, but Elite means hitting restart a lot and often for lousy places in the middle or even dead last. In Pro i can play the game like it's designed for, so very few restarts if any and 10 stages per Rally is a bit too much repetition anyway. 

When i'm running those daily challenges it seems for me, that the assists are too powerful or maybe the gamepad-helpers. I loose like a second in every corner, which certainly wasn't the case in Dirt 4. 

35 minutes ago, LeynadJee said:

1.3 doesn't seem to fix the crazy AI-times and so i hit the 'retire' option once I'm in Elite again and fall back to Pro-level within a few minutes. I wouldn't mind some better times than Pro, but Elite means hitting restart a lot and often for lousy places in the middle or even dead last. In Pro i can play the game like it's designed for, so very few restarts if any and 10 stages per Rally is a bit too much repetition anyway. 

When i'm running those daily challenges it seems for me, that the assists are too powerful or maybe the gamepad-helpers. I loose like a second in every corner, which certainly wasn't the case in Dirt 4. 

I won Elite Championship in the first try with the Skoda Fabia WRC. Maybe you should try with this car. I always did some time trial sessions before every rally just like "test sessions" in the real life, and in my opinion it was a Key factor. Some set-up, trying to know a bit more the bigger stages and then go for the rally. Even in Poland I finished second, and for me this was a total victory.

Now I will try Masters Championship, but I suppose its gonna be almost impossible to win it. Maybe I will have to return to Elite.

Anyway I'm totally agree with you, AI is crazy. In normal conditions you can set fastest times, but in the night or specially when it rains it's just impossible. They go like there is no rain or dark at all.

11 minutes ago, CarlesWRC said:

I won Elite Championship in the first try with the Skoda Fabia WRC. Maybe you should try with this car. I always did some time trial sessions before every rally just like "test sessions" in the real life, and in my opinion it was a Key factor. Some set-up, trying to know a bit more the bigger stages and then go for the rally. Even in Poland I finished second, and for me this was a total victory.

Now I will try Masters Championship, but I suppose its gonna be almost impossible to win it. Maybe I will have to return to Elite.

Anyway I'm totally agree with you, AI is crazy. In normal conditions you can set fastest times, but in the night or specially when it rains it's just impossible. They go like there is no rain or dark at all.

It's better with a handful overpowered cars in their class, once all engine-maps are enabled, once you remember the stages like the Nordschleife and depends on the locations as well. I also don't like to take risks i would never take IRL and just use many restarts to get it done once well, and this with 10 stages per Rally. I tried the M1 on Australia yesterday in Elite and with one small mistake i was dead last without even using this awkward clutch+h-pattern. Dirt Rally and 4 were too easy in highest difficulty for me, so *** is this? 

Posted (edited)

Just an update on this, because now I can view the Career Leaderboard.  R2 Masters: I am regularly placing top 10 or top 5 in Spain and NE stages on the leaderboards, in the wet often #1 or 2, and I am still placing around 10th versus the AI.

Edit: To clarify, on the human Career Leader boards the people at the top 10 usually are not the same people, it's a huge inconsistency.  Versus the Ai where the top 3 at an even are generally the top 3 in most stages.  So while I am about 5 places average higher or more versus the humans, the AI are also much more consistent.  So this is a problem .  I think this requires strict world record times on all stages of the Masters championship, and those times are not Rally times, those are Time Trial times.

Edited by bn880
  • Agree 2

Yea you need to drive WR times on masters championship to beat the AI. Only locations where I can keep up with the AI is Poland and Spain. Still on night+heavy rain stages the AI is way too fast for me. 

Here I give AI a run for their money on wet Polish stage. :classic_laugh: In the end you can see the comparision of AI times and leaderboard.

+ I just have to say that Poland is maybe the best location in DR2. It just fits my driving style perfectly

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I tried Master Championships and my God, it's just impossible. How you can return to the prior level? I restarted the campionship like three times, but I'm stuck in Masters.

Greetings!

Edited by CarlesWRC

What happens if you reset your progress in profile options? Do you loose your money, cars, upgrades, team upgrade..?

@CarlesWRC I guess you must suck more to get bumped down, go to each event and retire.   Or you could do a full reset of the myTeam thing... which might suck.

11 minutes ago, CarlesWRC said:

What happens if you reset your progress in profile options? Do you loose your money, cars, upgrades, team upgrade..?

Read this thread perhaps.

Even Jon is quite a bit behind the AI as I found out by chance yesterday, these are times from one stage of New England:

1519757472_DirtRally2Screenshot2019_04.18-17_32_43_79.thumb.png.1108e225e9b83add7c95739c6524c2a3.png312882924_DirtRally2Screenshot2019_04.18-17_30_11_08.thumb.png.c032020256148ab6e5de85a447062bb1.png

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)

just stopped playing masters career at monte carlo. i´m a pretty decent driver, regulary in top 10 at time trials. but what AI is capable to do at monte at masters is just ridiculous. i´ve either won the other countries or hit the podium at least. but at monte? no chance whatsoever. the ice and snow seems to have no impact at all on the AI times. it´s so frustrating. even the WR on the stages are at least 5 seconds behind the first AI driver. and let me say it clearly: i´ve always wanted a decent challenge in this game. but this is so strange.

i really hope that this will be addressed in a further TU.

EDIT: i´m driving in the 2000cc class

Edited by JoeBlob21
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, JoeBlob21 said:

just stopped playing masters career at monte carlo....i´ve either won the other countries or hit the podium at least.

You are not at TOP 3 with 5 podiums, however can´t get points from Monte Carlo?
So why you stopped career if only one event goes bad?

What´s after Masters?
Any special award for complete that?

Just won Elite and next to Masters, however maby need some more practise before that.

Posted (edited)
On 4/19/2019 at 5:21 PM, SimFunny said:

You are not at TOP 3 with 5 podiums, however can´t get points from Monte Carlo?
So why you stopped career if only one event goes bad?

What´s after Masters?
Any special award for complete that?

Just won Elite and next to Masters, however maby need some more practise before that.

in general AI being faster than me is no problem. hey! it even gives you the right amount of spur to get faster. but seeing AI times that are outtaworldy is just super frustrating. you can´t deny that there is somehow a problem with AI that manifests in different ways. AI seems to have no problems with ice, rain, snow. etc. ooh and it seems that it´s the "super duper" godmaster of the R2 class, too. my intention is to point this out that CM hopefully can fix it or regulate the times better. also i hope that this problem doesn´t return with the sweden dlc.

PS: i´m currently second in the masters career. monte carlo being the fifth event. This "D. Yi" seems to be still nearly unbeatable for me despite at Spain. 😄

Edited by JoeBlob21
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, bn880 said:

Even Jon is quite a bit behind the AI as I found out by chance yesterday, these are times from one stage of New England:

1519757472_DirtRally2Screenshot2019_04.18-17_32_43_79.thumb.png.1108e225e9b83add7c95739c6524c2a3.png312882924_DirtRally2Screenshot2019_04.18-17_30_11_08.thumb.png.c032020256148ab6e5de85a447062bb1.png

So the AI is 10 secs quicker than a Rally Driver?

Cmon Codies wont ypu think of us "gamers"

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Don´t know anything about coding games but tweaking AI times should not be so hard.
This is asked since day 1 and nothing happened, at most words "they are looking for it".
Maby they are not interested to fix that.
There is not lack of data doing that, world records for Master level and so on...
Same case seems to be at DiRT twitter, there is much complains (99% about FFB) but not any answers from devs.

Game is (still) great, sad that communicating isn´t.

• Agree 2

Codies, please give some attention to this. It's a pretty game-breaking issue.

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, bn880 said:

It's massive. It's impossible.

I had to abandon completely career mode because of that. Now I will play online events and custom events (witch doesn't make money, another problem). I hope this stuff will be fixed soon because the game is really good, but AI is wrong.

• Agree 3

I decided to take on a historic rally with the Aton Martin GT4. I set the AI to the easiest on very easy, that is 1 of 100. 3 of the 4 rallies, Spain, Australia and New Zealand I won easily, but in Poland all the 5 stages was wet, and as a result I lost by several minutes (!) and got 27th. Clearly something is very very wrong! I really hope CM spell some news on this problem soon... 😞

• Like 1

Good morning.

I've passed on a link to this thread to the relevant designers to investigate.

Thank you

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Agree 2

For me that is repulsive. It is unrealistic and takes all the joy away. Hard to understand why they don’t fix it. 

I've been experiencing the same thing as everyone else in this thread, though the relative quietness from community in comparison to other issues makes me wonder if the AI issue isn't affecting everyone.

I've had the game since launch but haven't played much do to other obligations. I picked it up again last week and started the Elite career with Group A. The really ridiculous AI times seem to be tied to running order, at least in my case. The previous event was New England and I was last in the running order, winning every stage except for night/rain by a fair to considerable margin - almost all top 10 times on the leaderboard, at worst top 1%. Last night I did Poland and I was second to last in the running order, I won one stage, got 5th in another, and placed second in the rest of the stages. Every single second place was lost to the AI that was behind me in the running order. My pace for Poland was the same as New England, mostly top 10.

I've got two events left and I'm in first with some breathing room but if Masters is crazier than this I don't know how I can compete without memorizing the stages, which is not fun for me.

I have pretty much given up with career. Clubman difficulty H2 FWD is getting times on par with human world record holders. Like someone said above, a challenge is good, but as it is, it doesn't feel fair at all. In some classes and conditions, you get horrendously mauled by them and it just isn't fun.