AI Times Are Completely Off

6 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

you would think but then why have they still not been fixed after so long?

and she didn't specifically mention "AI rallycross", just AI in general.

Most likely the AI times are working as intended like the FFB 

Times on a leaderboard i doubt comes under "AI" There's no AI in the Rally part of the game just generated times.

Edited by FLAW3D

AI times cannot be working as intended. I’ve done some runs in Spain on the stage called «Descenso por carretera» in custom championship on very easy. In 5 runs the best computer driver had a time between 3.01 - 3.03, and two of those runs where in the wet. From what I can see, the CPU drivers are not affected by the weather! 😞

AI needs fixing!

Honestly, the career mode AI is full of ****. Did I really spend 60€ on this thing?

Playing at elite level now and all the discussed differences have shown up to me. And it's not only rally mode where AI does not suffer at all from bad weather conditions, same bug is also present in RX mode. Only the cars in your group are affected by weather conditions. I'm a bad driver/player but the difference is sooo clear.

The game has been out for over a month so this kind of issue should have been fixed long time ago. And how on earth is it even possible, was the game playtested at all before release?

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

It's definitely not just the career mode AI, but the AI weekly challenge for H2 FWD, it claimed the overall difficulty was 'easy'.  Was lucky if I got 20th, despite being in the top quarter on the online leaderboards.  So it would seem most people didn't place too well in this weekly.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, MikeyFM said:

And how on earth is it even possible, was the game playtested at all before release?

Well yes they tested it, the issue is that they used the fastest Virtual Rally driver to test it! (Jon) 😛  (I thought it was kinda funny, it's Monday, give me a break)

Glad to read similar thoughts to mine, shame they still haven't patched it to make the game fun for anyone other than the aggressive bullying gatekeepers who frequent these forums, and shout down anyone who dares to want to have any fun or not be in the top 50 in the world.
I was getting top 3 places at Master level in DR1, so I would say I'm better than the average player, but in this game I'm putting down the most solid run I can and getting anywhere from 12th to 20th. Sure, a big part of it is that there are too many AI opponents, so just a second or two drops you loads of spots (which wasn't an issue in DR1), however, the times that the winning AI cars are doing are almost as good as the best runs on the leaderboards. Congratulations to the aforementioned bullies, Codemasters listened to the tiny minority of players and made a game just for them. 

On 5/6/2019 at 5:31 PM, MikeyFM said:

I'm a bad driver/player but the difference is sooo clear.

You're clearly not, having reached that level, which is much harder than Masters level in DR1, the minority of bullies on here have just convinced you that you're bad. 

10 hours ago, redrook said:

Glad to read similar thoughts to mine, shame they still haven't patched it to make the game fun for anyone other than the aggressive bullying gatekeepers who frequent these forums, and shout down anyone who dares to want to have any fun or not be in the top 50 in the world.
I was getting top 3 places at Master level in DR1, so I would say I'm better than the average player, but in this game I'm putting down the most solid run I can and getting anywhere from 12th to 20th. Sure, a big part of it is that there are too many AI opponents, so just a second or two drops you loads of spots (which wasn't an issue in DR1), however, the times that the winning AI cars are doing are almost as good as the best runs on the leaderboards. Congratulations to the aforementioned bullies, Codemasters listened to the tiny minority of players and made a game just for them. 

But why does it matter? Do you NEEED to place in the top3? You say that the best AI times are at the level of the human leaderboards and then its possible to get there and winning a masters career is something that really takes a lot of practice and skill, just as winning or getting a good place the dailys. They didnt make make a game for the "bullies", they made the hardest difficulty more difficult.

I'm on Elite winning almost everything by about 5-10secs per stage.
But not winning doesn't make me sad. It's an opposite. Winning all stages in lower tiers were really discouraging.
Now, in Elite tier I sweat a bit, and I'm looking forward for Master, where a win will not be so obvious.

Rallying and competing is a goal on its own.
I'm almost sure I would shelf the title after winning Master tier, like I do in case of adventure games when finished.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

I think it depends on what class you drive. I’m currently doing Elite in H3 RWD in the Ascona and after 5 events I’m 3rd in the championship after a DNF in Poland. The thing is, I haven’t won any events so far. Apart from the DNF I’ve finished 3rd, 2nd, 2nd and 5th. One of the second places (Wales) only happens because the runaway leader crashed out and I then made an error trying to chase a 4 second deficit on the final stage. On average, I have won around 2 stages per event, but there is usually at least one car that seems to have a rocket engine attached to it each time. 

On the other side of the argument, I have previously done the Elite championship using the R5 Polo (for achievement purposes). Usually I’d stay away from the R5 class because I think they are too easy to drive badly and get away with things that would usually end badly in other classes. I was winning events by over a minute and in the case of Germany (my personal favourite) I was close to 3 minutes ahead! Compare that to the H3 event where I could only manage 5th. 

It’s also been stated in the early weeks after this game was released that the H2 FWD class was affected by ridiculously fast times, even on the lower difficulty levels. 

It's possible. I went through tiers using R5, 2000' and Subaru'95. In Elite I'm competing using Focus2000 again.
Not touching other classes so far. And probably I never will 😉

• Like 1

since this thread has been revived, i'll mention something here that i mentioned in another thread previously:

if they give people the option in the game to select a lower difficulty once you've passed that level, i think it will help a lot with people's frustration with the AI.

so, for example, if you get to elite, let people select clubman, open, etc. if they want. if you've reached masters - the highest level - let people select any of the previous four difficulty levels to race their AI championships at.

yes, i know you can just do a custom championship but you don't earn any credits for those. and yeah i know you can just abandon a championship enough time to get dropped down a level but it's an annoyance to have to keep abandoning championships.

seems like a solution that should be relatively easy to implement.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

i'm not a pro and i would like to see the ai times fixed and more balanced because i even can't get from Open to Clubman. I think Open and Clubman should be a little bit easier for beginners.

Edited by Makromatic

1 hour ago, Makromatic said:

i'm not a pro and i would like to see the ai times fixed and more balanced because i even can't get from Open to Clubman. I think Open and Clubman should be a little bit easier for beginners.

Have you tried a different class? Some are easier to learn than others.

In rallycross there is often an enormous discrepancy between the AI drivers you race against, and the times from the other qualifiers. These should be around the same level surely?

20191021123403_1.thumb.jpg.698d8a401dd6712b62fad2f98632174a.jpg20191021123406_1.thumb.jpg.77287f7e5bf68c04b6ac70facde7e210.jpg

i tried different classes but i prefer group b most, the cars a fast and powerful, but i fail in all classes to leave open difficulty...that's Dirt Rally 2.0 🙂

Just started a new championship at Masters level using the F2 Kit Cars. I’m using the Golf for the first time and have no engine upgrades yet, running with soft tyres, 1 spare and my own setup for the car that I put together using the shakedown before the first stage.

First event is Argentina and after 4 stages I’m 7th in class and about 40 seconds off the pace of the leader (who just happens to be the same person that won the previous championship at Elite level) but it is quite close from 2nd to 10th. Normally I don’t tend to look, but out of interest I have checked the Leaderboard times after each stage to see how I and other human players compare to the ai. So far the times I have set have placed me 6th, 7th, 7th and 1st on the cross platform leaderboards for the respected stages and only 2 of the times ahead of me were fast enough to have beaten the ai in a stage. In fact on the stage where I set the current fastest time, I only finished 9th against the ai. 

• Agree 1

This is why this tier is called Masters 😉

Why I understand your motivation I'm quite ok with the level which is unbeatable by most of players (or even not beatable aby anyone). It is what makes the game challenging 

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

On 10/24/2019 at 12:50 AM, RichWard25 said:

Just started a new championship at Masters level using the F2 Kit Cars. I’m using the Golf for the first time and have no engine upgrades yet, running with soft tyres, 1 spare and my own setup for the car that I put together using the shakedown before the first stage.

First event is Argentina and after 4 stages I’m 7th in class and about 40 seconds off the pace of the leader (who just happens to be the same person that won the previous championship at Elite level) but it is quite close from 2nd to 10th. Normally I don’t tend to look, but out of interest I have checked the Leaderboard times after each stage to see how I and other human players compare to the ai. So far the times I have set have placed me 6th, 7th, 7th and 1st on the cross platform leaderboards for the respected stages and only 2 of the times ahead of me were fast enough to have beaten the ai in a stage. In fact on the stage where I set the current fastest time, I only finished 9th against the ai. 

You have to understand though, the F2 kitcars are so new in this game that the career leaderboards will not be populated at all yet. Therefore your reference to the cross platform leaderboard is quite meaningless in this debate for this class.

Edited by Maxiemwagenaar

Just started Career Master. What a jump from Career Pro. In Pro, i won all, but one race.  Now I have to push really hard to be 15th. An of course this causes crashes occasionally because the amount of pushing needed. Now I remember why I stopped playing careed mode...

yeah I noticed the same thing. my masters tier started with Monte Carlo.  Do you have experience with other locations in Masters?  In lower tiers MC was a bit harder comparing to other locations. If "leader position" dot on HUD is reliable, it seems that AI is quicker in hairpins and tight turns on snow. I changed my style a bit to use as little slide as possible on tarmac improving my stage positions. but it's but I cannot manage to it on snow.

However I am constantly checking leaderboards and sometimes there are hundreds of entries above me in MC. I have to say Masters is for masters. I don't have a problem with this.

But as you said there is huge gap between previous tier (btw Elite is before Masters). I won Elite with a minute gap total (incl lot mistakes and loosing Poland due to incredibly bad pacenotes). now I'm struggling to get into top10 😉

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

the AI is very bad ,lol masters mode  he need change the name " masters cheaters " 

to have the best engine , and controler  and  steering wheel rotation  very low and very responsive

maybe that why  the career mode  no have trophy in solo mode