Jump to content Jump to content

AI Times Are Completely Off

• Social Media & Community Team

1.15 made a 1% tweak to Rallycross AI in the rain, making them slightly easier.

Xbox is arguably the slowest of the 3 platforms. I should know, as I compete for high spots on those boards 🙂 

19 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

1.15 made a 1% tweak to Rallycross AI in the rain, making them slightly easier.

Xbox is arguably the slowest of the 3 platforms. I should know, as I compete for high spots on those boards 🙂 

Yea its easy to get top times if you keep repeating the same stage using one car and tweaking the setup and doing it over and over until you know it by memory and perfect every corner.

Doing that for 12 stages x 6 locations in 5 restarts or less per event is not possible. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2019 at 12:48 PM, RallyLover19 said:

I lost my faith on career mode when i set all sectors Green everywhere in Poland, then i was able to finish 23rd only over all!!!
How that is possible? nonsense.
Only occoured in Poland

if you are last guy, then it allways shows green sections, because you are first to start that stage.

• Agree 1
  • 6 months later...

It seems that AI is lot harder on slower cars than 4wd. It is almost impossible to win later difficulty careers with Abarath or Mini and when driving with 4wd you very well might be top players. Until this day i only drove historic cars on career, and group B rear ended, my position varied heavily and had to push lot harder but still might be 30seconds late from top, with R5 constantly top 6. AI is definetly optimized for R5 (maybe because game tester Armstrong drives it).

Edited by Jeq

I was driving the first RWD Cars, sometimes i was very high, sometimes not, but in Scottland there were the Times not very realistic, that was very clear for me.

• Agree 1
On 3/30/2021 at 2:25 PM, Jeq said:

It seems that AI is lot harder on slower cars than 4wd. It is almost impossible to win later difficulty careers with Abarath or Mini and when driving with 4wd you very well might be top players. Until this day i only drove historic cars on career, and group B rear ended, my position varied heavily and had to push lot harder but still might be 30seconds late from top, with R5 constantly top 6. AI is definetly optimized for R5 (maybe because game tester Armstrong drives it).

I actually find it easier with the older & slower cars. It is easier to push them to the limit and keep them there for longer than it is to in the more modern cars.

RWD cars are very driver dependent and how comfortable you are in them. I found them easy but then again I love RWD and learned how to play Dirt Rally originally in the E30... The real key to all the cars though is that the older they are, the more momentum focused you have to be. Modern cars can make up for sloppy cornering by being able to speed right back up to 5th gear while older cars will have to work to get back up to speed. When you lose the momentum and speed it can be more pronounced in the older stuff.

5 hours ago, Sam28 said:

I was driving the first RWD Cars, sometimes i was very high, sometimes not, but in Scottland there were the Times not very realistic, that was very clear for me.

What is unrealistic? Were they just too fast? Were they pulling away in the slow sections?

Edited by Mike Dee
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 4:10 PM, Mike Dee said:

I actually find it easier with the older & slower cars. It is easier to push them to the limit and keep them there for longer than it is to in the more modern cars.

RWD cars are very driver dependent and how comfortable you are in them. I found them easy but then again I love RWD and learned how to play Dirt Rally originally in the E30... The real key to all the cars though is that the older they are, the more momentum focused you have to be. Modern cars can make up for sloppy cornering by being able to speed right back up to 5th gear while older cars will have to work to get back up to speed. When you lose the momentum and speed it can be more pronounced in the older stuff.

What is unrealistic? Were they just too fast? Were they pulling away in the slow sections?

Scottish wet condition. Every stage wet condition seems weird actually. But on scotland it just might be that people whom bought scottisch dlc, are more likely to be better drivers, which leads harder times on latest DLC:s, basic content stages are, overally easier, when looking just for AI times. if AI times are counted by top % of players, then it would affect hardness of AI on stages which only hobbyists have. This is something codemasters might not have taken on account.

Edited by Jeq
clarify.
  • Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This doesnt work very well.

I am at Elite series with RWD car, i get world record top 600 times constantly but it gets me last position against AI on most of stages. And i know there is two more difficulty levels after Elite, no way you can beat them without memorizing and finding shortcuts. 

13 hours ago, Jeq said:

And i know there is two more difficulty levels after Elite, no way you can beat them without memorizing and finding shortcuts. 

There is only 1 more difficulty level after Elite, that is Masters which uses 95 AI. I guess you could call custom champs using 100 AI "Master+" but it's negligible speed differences.

As for impossible to beat without memorization or shortcuts - you just need to work on controlling the car more. Exit speed is everything, and if you have a sloppy exit you will always lose to the top AI. It isn't about diving corners as late as possible, it's about finding the line that lets you get flatout on exit the soonest. There aren't huge shortcuts anywhere in this game that will chop off 10 seconds. There isn't anything you really need to memorize either, a handful of deadly pacenotes you learn to be ahead of, but that is about it. Most of the AI times are a good 20-40 seconds behind top human times in Long stages - there is plenty of time to be found and almost all of it is in momentum. Focus on carrying as much momentum through corners as possible and you'll run away from the AI.

Edited by Mike Dee
  • Agree 1
5 hours ago, Ecryone said:

Scotland, wet, night.

Lancia Stratos (and some other RWD) / all assists off.

How it's possible on Pro/Elite+ ?

Do you have a specific stage in mind? Scotland is just terrifyingly fast, you have to be able to hold your foot down through those fast sections without fear... well at least without hesitation, fear is probably healthy 😅

• Agree 1