Golden Days

On 3/28/2019 at 2:45 PM, Civarello said:

Ok, this discussion is at an end for me here. There are people who ARE able to discuss like an adult and at least TRY to understand where the other person is coming from, and then there are people who aren´t; or aren´t capable of doing that. You clearly are in Group 2.

Agree with you, some people come in to forums n preach like only their opinions matter, yet instead of discussing topics like an adult, or at the very least showing a bit of respect and courtesy, they just come to argue points they don’t really know much about, a little bit like a brat... ironically 

@Jake Cushing just because you have no standards when you choose to buy a game doesn’t mean other people don’t, il give you an example.. there’s people like you, who let’s say buys the new COD every year no matter how **** they are... just because it’s name, and then there’s people like us, who stopped buying them after MW2 or BO, when they got **** lol

That’s because the later have standards, let me educate you,  If a company has bad business practices and mindless people are just happy to pay and keep paying for an unfinished product, or just more of the same every year, your basically telling them it’s ok to do that from now on, which will get worse with each release, hence why I mentioned call of duty, just look through their history and I’m sure you would agree,  Activision are facing the law and are one of the most hated companies in gaming, its only the mindless players with more money than sense that keeps them going, and Bethesda even, they could advertise the next scrolls game to be the best thing ever and mindless people will buy it even with what’s happened, do you really think 76 hasn’t damaged their reputation for years to come, and hasn’t damaged their sales for future releases, we just don’t want to see Dirt Rally go down this route because it seems to be common place to knowingly release unfinished products and charge full retail with most devs these days, now your opinions are just as valuable as another’s until you start disrespecting people, so keep it respectful plz and stop calling everyone with a brain a brat, cos so far all you’ve managed to do is act like one yourself, and completely clog up an entire thread in argument, so I’m not sure how your time spent here is in any way helping the franchise of helping codeys with the games issues...  

A free tip for you, problems with a game don’t just go away if you pretend they aren’t present lol 

I'm not saying don’t have your say, just do it productively and respect others opinions even if you don’t agree... you know, like a civilised society...

2 hours ago, Peter Mathen said:

From my point of view this is definitely not the best rally game.

There are way too much much bugs, so I put it back in shelf and I really regret that I bought the deluxe edition. I loved DR but this Dirt 4 mix with DR is not what I expected. Also there is no way forward plan from the devs so I think they will not be able to fix the bugs.

There are plans for the game to be developed and patched up until September, so I don't know where you got that info from.

9 hours ago, Shmeefly said:

yet instead of discussing topics like an adult

@Jake Cushing just because you have no standards

@Jake Cushingthere’s people like you, who let’s say buys the new COD every year no matter how **** they are... just because it’s name, and then there’s people like us, who stopped buying them after MW2 or BO, when they got **** lol

Very adult.

And according to you, the DR franchise is like the COD franchise.

Please, do 'educate' us some more.

stop calling everyone with a brain a brat

I think it's now pretty clear exactly the type of person who buys DR2.0 on day one, decides it's not 100% perfect, goes online immediately to post a review saying the game is a 'do not buy' and gives a 5 out of 10 tantrum 'review', then continues to play the heck out of the game, and comes onto this forum to lecture people in the most unedifying way.

1 hour ago, Jake Cushing said:

Very adult.

And according to you, the DR franchise is like the COD franchise.

Please, do 'educate' us some more.

I think it's now pretty clear exactly the type of person who buys DR2.0 on day one, decides it's not 100% perfect, goes online immediately to post a review saying the game is a 'do not buy' and gives a 5 out of 10 tantrum 'review', then continues to play the heck out of the game, and comes onto this forum to lecture people in the most unedifying way.

It was an example, nothing more, can’t be bothered to argue with children 

On 3/28/2019 at 9:15 PM, ianism said:

sure, but there were many, many reviews and comments in the steam forum saying stuff like "worst game ever" "never giving codemasters any money ever again" and stuff like that. it was just ridiculous.

I realise I haven't had basically any of these kind of problems, but those kind of comments are not helpful at all, and just end up hurting the one studio making good games in this genre, not to mention the fact that they're medium-small and independent. if they are deterred from making these games, nobody will.

I know what your saying, but I’m sure the devs will look at comments like that and generally think the same thing most of us think, ie; what @Jake Cushing was saying, I haven’t seen those comments and if that’s the type of **** that was being posted I would agree with jake, but on the other hand, if we want to help the franchise we can’t just brush the games issues under the carpet, no one here is trying to damage the franchise, we all love it same as you, I’m a trophy hunter and among ALL the games I buy, this is my favourite and most antisipated, DR is the only game that il gladly put trophy earning on hold to keep playing after I’ve earned the platinum, so I agree what you guys are saying, these deluded comments from these people aren’t helping anything, but can we all agree though that brushing bugs and issues under the carpet also isn’t helping, it’s what the fallout lovers did with Bethesda, just gave them a free pass on bug filled games, as a result we ended up with 76, which has now probably destroyed Bethesda’s reputation and all of the trust they had with its loyal fans, the fact is, the game HAS been released unpolished, it simply isn’t finished, so if Codemasters want to stay away from backlash like this, they have to polish their games before release, at the end of the day people pay their hard earned money for it, I don’t expect the best game ever, but I always expect an improvement on the last title and a finished/polished product, and that’s all, whatever all our opinions are, the last thing we should be doing as fans is bringing Steams negativity on here 

21 hours ago, RoccoTTS said:

That's how it is, people will always complain, they don't need a reason. 

See, this is what I mean. People need no reason to complain ? People DO point out reasons why they are upset. It´s just that you don´t agree with those reasons. But that doesn´t make these points any less valid. This is what I mean when I say that some people don´t even TRY to understand where these complaints are coming from. Just put them into the typical "people will always complain"-stereotype and they´re automatically wrong. This is NOT how discussions should work.

But, as before, this discussion is getting old. I still think that Codemasters had gold in their hands, but somewhat "sabotized" that gold themselves through......let´s say "suboptimal" decisions like Always-Online, way too many bugs, way too many stripped back features (NOT Events/Stages) even compared to DR 1; an overal less package than the already not so packed DR1. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Civarello said:

See, this is what I mean. People need no reason to complain ? People DO point out reasons why they are upset. It´s just that you don´t agree with those reasons. But that doesn´t make these points any less valid. This is what I mean when I say that some people don´t even TRY to understand where these complaints are coming from. Just put them into the typical "people will always complain"-stereotype and they´re automatically wrong. This is NOT how discussions should work.

But, as before, this discussion is getting old. I still think that Codemasters had gold in their hands, but somewhat "sabotized" that gold themselves through......let´s say "suboptimal" decisions like Always-Online, way too many bugs, way too many stripped back features (NOT Events/Stages) even compared to DR 1; an overal less package than the already not so packed DR1. 

Couldn’t agree more, especially about them sabotaging the gold mine they built themselves to begin with lol