DEFEAT YOUR RIVALS IN F1® 2019

I just hope there's finally a grid editor for quick races. 

• Agree 1

I hope this has laid down the groundwork for June releases every year!

Posted (edited)

My hopes for 2019 are:

-  More realistic tyres consumption. If race in a circuit with, for example, 10 right corners (4 hard brakes) and 5 left corners, i want my front right tyre much more degrated then the others.

- Blistering

- Graining

- Wind 

- Sandstorms in certain circuit (like Barhain)

- Marbles

- Evolution of the track from P1 till the end of the race, with part of it more "grippish"

- Puched tyres when i hit a front wing or debris on the track.

- More realistic and catastrophic accident. If i hit another car on corner 1 in Baku at 340km/h, i wanna see the cars destroyed and flying in the air and not the only front wing and front tyre broken.

- If i break half of the front wing, i wanna see half of the front wing

- More random retirement for infinite random problems

- more realistic physic

- VISIBLE consuption of the tyres. Ultra Soft seems fresh even after 30 laps

Edited by MOM3NTVM
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

^This I'm sure 2011 & 2012 had this but since then or should I say since we moved to PS4 & Xbox 1. No effort has been made to give the track marbles off the racing line or a drying line after a shower to give people a chance to take gambles on pitstops.

• Like 1

Will F1 2019 run on DX12? If yes, will there be any advantages over DX11 and the older games?

4 hours ago, LSKone said:

Will F1 2019 run on DX12? If yes, will there be any advantages over DX11 and the older games?

2018 runs DX12 if you sign up for the beta so I assume so. Generally it improves FPS.

On 3/30/2019 at 5:38 PM, KiLLu12258 said:

what does "2 year cycle" mean?

they worked on 2018 & 2019 on the same time which sounds a bit weird for me, as CM is not that big. 

it means the team that released 2017, went right to work on 2019... while another team worked on 2018. probably a bit of two and frowing of people in between.

• Like 1

will it give new informations about the game today? because it is thursday.

1 hour ago, gabsn123 said:

will it give new informations about the game today? because it is thursday.

I doubt it as they don't reveal something every week and they only announced the game last week.

Posted (edited)

I hope with the inclusion of the Formula 2 we will finaly be able to have drivers switching teams in career mode.

Edited by FTBuzzard
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I'm guessing they will say something in the build up to a race weekend (makes sense) to generate excitement.

Edited by Chromatic

7 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

I'm guessing they will say something in the build up to a race weekend (makes sense) to generate excitement.

Yeah they usually save their reveals for in and around race weekends I think at least that's one thing I noticed during the build up to F1 2018. Seeing as this week isn't a race one I don't think we'll get anything.

On 3/28/2019 at 3:01 PM, Faya said:

[...]

That’s not all though! Working in partnership with F1®, for the first time ever, you’ll be able to get behind the wheel of a 2019 regulation car specifically designed in collaboration with F1®’s technical team, headed up by Ross Brawn and Pat Symonds. The car, which will be available in Multiplayer, adheres to the 2019 regulations and comes with a range of livery designs offering you a new level of personalisation. We’ll be looking at this in more detail in the near future, but for now, you can take a look at these right here:

[...]

The 2019 F1® Team liveries will also feature on the car in early marketing materials, but will be replaced by the final Team cars ahead of the games release. You can check these out at the bottom of the blog.

I really really hope that this type of personalisation will be available also in other modes, especially in CAREER MODE (for creating a team). Only in multiplayer will be only the messed up thing ever made

Posted (edited)

I would like the ability to start an F1 team.  Choose a preset livery, driver customization, maybe choose engine, choose sponsor logos and where you're team focuses on car wise (aero, engine perf, chassis, etc).  Then work your way up from bottom as sort of a career mode style.  Doesn't have to be cutscene oriented but you receive emails like you would through the computer like in the current career screen.

Edited by rb240tuner
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, rb240tuner said:

I would like the ability to start an F1 team.  Choose a preset livery, driver customization, maybe choose engine, choose sponsor logos and where you're team focuses on car wise (aero, engine perf, chassis, etc).  Then work your way up from bottom as sort of a career mode style.  Doesn't have to be cutscene oriented but you receive emails like you would through the computer like in the current career screen.

That would be a great feature, every other sports game franchise has team creations and career with created teams, why not F1 ?

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, peanutt2000 said:

Have they actually confirmed F2 or people just guessing?

At the end of the F1 2019 trailer an F2 car appears, and in the leaks that occurred months ago a part of F2 that occurred in the career was shown. So pretty much is confirmed.

On 3/28/2019 at 10:01 AM, Faya said:

2019 regulation car specifically designed in collaboration with F1®’s technical team, headed up by Ross Brawn and Pat Symonds. The car, which will be available in Multiplayer, 

Will this car be available in TT mode as well? Some leagues use TT results from a set of tracks to determine placement within the various skill levels in the leagues they run and if this is, if you pardon the word, a vanilla albeit 2019 spec car that leagues may choose to use it would be good it was available in TT mode.

This is particularly significant as it would allow leagues to run using truly equal online cars should they choose to run with the above spec car.

Cheers

Choose the quantity of each type of tire for each race.

In F1 2019 I would like to have the option to choose the amount of each type of tire for the weekend, just like what happens in real F1.

I do not like the way tires are chosen in F1 2018.

I wish I could choose how many tires of each type I could take to qualy.

This will be very interesting for the strategies of people who play races lasting 50% or more.

• Agree 2

On 4/9/2019 at 1:46 PM, BestOenning79 said:

Choose the quantity of each type of tire for each race.

In F1 2019 I would like to have the option to choose the amount of each type of tire for the weekend, just like what happens in real F1.

I do not like the way tires are chosen in F1 2018.

I wish I could choose how many tires of each type I could take to qualy.

This will be very interesting for the strategies of people who play races lasting 50% or more.

I agree. This is especially important for the practice sessions. It feels weird having only a couple of sets for each compound for the free practices. 

Please let us choose the weather for careermode or at least reduce the ratio of wets... had 5/13 races in wet while there were at max 2 times raining in 21 races

Yes I agree. Way too much rain on each weekend. Would love to be able to change the weather. It‘s a game. Give us the choice. It‘s been too unrealistic.

• Like 1