DEFEAT YOUR RIVALS IN F1® 2019

Hi all! As always, you can find this on our blog here as well.

DEFEAT YOUR RIVALS IN F1® 2019

We are very happy to announce that F1® 2019, the official videogame of the 2019 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™, is coming a full two months earlier into the F1® season and will launch worldwide on Friday 28th June 2019! To whet your appetite (just a little…) and celebrate today’s announcement we’ve released a trailer, which showcases some of the game’s brand new look and feel. You can check it out right here:

For those of you who might know the F1® calendar off by heart, this will, of course, mean that game will be released during the Austrian Grand Prix weekend and, unlike previous iterations, ahead of the British, German and Hungarian Grands Prix.

F1® 2019 has been in development here at Codemasters for nearly two years, making it the most ambitious release in the franchise history and launches on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X and Windows PC (DVD and via Steam).

F1-2019-Announcement-Teaser-UK.00_00_05_

That’s not all though! Working in partnership with F1®, for the first time ever, you’ll be able to get behind the wheel of a 2019 regulation car specifically designed in collaboration with F1®’s technical team, headed up by Ross Brawn and Pat Symonds. The car, which will be available in Multiplayer, adheres to the 2019 regulations and comes with a range of livery designs offering you a new level of personalisation. We’ll be looking at this in more detail in the near future, but for now, you can take a look at these right here:

Livery-Simple-3-side.jpg

Livery-Simple-2-side.jpg

Livery-Simple-1-side.jpg

The 2019 F1® Team liveries will also feature on the car in early marketing materials, but will be replaced by the final Team cars ahead of the games release. You can check these out at the bottom of the blog.

We know that you love the F1® racing franchise, and we want to build on the success of previous iterations and deliver to you an experience that rivals the quality and production values of the real-life sport and includes several new game features which will be revealed in the coming months (so make sure you do keep it here for more!)

“We are absolutely delighted to be able to release F1® 2019 earlier in the Formula 1® Season, so that the game can be played and enjoyed at the same time that the real-world championship picture is starting to form,” said Paul Jeal, F1® Franchise Director at Codemasters. “Our close relationship with Formula 1® has played a major part in achieving this key objective for the franchise. That in addition to our near two-year development cycle, has allowed us to develop some exciting new features and other firsts for the franchise that we can’t wait to share with our community in the coming months.”

“The exciting collaboration with Ross Brawn and Pat Symonds has created new levels of player personalisation in F1® 2019 through the inclusion of the new regulation car,” said Lee Mather, F1® 2019 Game Director at Codemasters. “With the continued growth of the F1® series, it’s great to give players more control and new levels of car and driver customisation and we can’t wait to talk more about this alongside the new multiplayer features in the coming months.”

We’ve got a lot of exciting things to reveal and talk about, so make sure you keep it here for the F1® 2019 news and details on all the new features.

2019-williams.jpg

2019-toro-rosso.jpg

2019-renault.jpg

2019-red-bull-racing.jpg

2019-racing-point.jpg

2019-mercedes.jpg

2019-mclaren.jpg

2019-haas.jpg

2019-ferrari.jpg

2019-alfa-romeo.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

The game can not be reserved yet but I already have it reserved. FINALLY we have Formula 2 in the game, FINALLY!!!!!!!!

Is there going to be a closed beta like with F1 2018?

Edited by Overfl0w

What happened to Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow? /s

11 minutes ago, Overfl0w said:

FINALLY we have Formula 2 in the game, FINALLY!!!!!!!!

Working in partnership with F1®, for the first time ever, you’ll be able to get behind the wheel of a 2019 regulation car specifically designed in collaboration with F1®’s technical team, headed up by Ross Brawn and Pat Symonds. The car, which will be available in Multiplaye

“Spent two years on this” copied last season and made some changes. Seeing is believing with this version. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

19 minutes ago, Overfl0w said:

The game can not be reserved yet but I already have it reserved. FINALLY we have Formula 2 in the game, FINALLY!!!!!!!!

Is there going to be a closed beta like with F1 2018?

Where do you read that?

That’s not all though! Working in partnership with F1®, for the first time ever, you’ll be able to get behind the wheel of a 2019 regulation car specifically designed in collaboration with F1®’s technical team, headed up by Ross Brawn and Pat Symonds. The car, which will be available in Multiplayer, adheres to the 2019 regulations and comes with a range of livery designs offering you a new level of personalisation.

I assume that this does not mean that the 2019 regulation car is only available in multiplayer mode, but rather that personalization is only available in that mode?

Hey all! I should have some beta info for you soon. I've got a couple of little things to finalise first. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Faya said:

Hey all! I should have some beta info for you soon. I've got a couple of little things to finalise first.

Great news! 😃

Posted (edited)

Awesome !!! Please bring full support for the new Fanatec Formula wheels and Keyboard/Button box support on Console. 🙏

Edited by transfix
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, FernandoVDM said:

Watch the trailer

thanks, didn't see that! Good find!

• Agree 1

So, a few questions before the "hype" has any legitimacy, will we be getting...

F2 + Official HUD as well as the official speedometer + Bugfixes + Helmet Cam (proper look to apex functionality) + Driver Customization (official sponsors /more designs / gloves / shoes / kneepads / visor tints / full control to add any symbol or number or letter or vinyl to all customizable accessories etc.) + Laserscanned Tracks + Driver Changes + More focus on No Assists Driving in order to make people become better drivers + Full control in the pit and before the start of the race as well as the obligatory victory lap back to parc fermé or into the pit after the race has finished + Random Car Failures + Engine only being accessible to upgrade for manufacturers + realistic and fair track limits + improved penalty system + dedicated servers + netcode fix + option for lobby or server hosts to completely kick players from the race + improved ranked mode (no assists only and 25% as well as 50% and 100% race distance) + league racing options such as a sophisticated Theater Mode and the ability to plan races and seasons beforehand etc. + Driving School for newcomers + more cutscenes and a fully accessible driving paddock where we can move freely????

If at least 80% of my list is in the game, i will quit my boycott and buy another F1 game by CM again after not doing so for the last 5 years.

CM do not fail me.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, TomskiPl said:

Working in partnership with F1®, for the first time ever, you’ll be able to get behind the wheel of a 2019 regulation car specifically designed in collaboration with F1®’s technical team, headed up by Ross Brawn and Pat Symonds. The car, which will be available in Multiplaye

I don't think the last car shown in the trailer is a spec F1 car, seems more like a F2 car

8 minutes ago, SturmDesTodes said:

So, a few questions before the "hype" has any legitimacy, will we be getting...

F2 + Official HUD as well as the official speedometer + Bugfixes + Helmet Cam (proper look to apex functionality) + Driver Customization (official sponsors /more designs / gloves / shoes / kneepads / visor tints / full control to add any symbol or number or letter or vinyl to all customizable accessories etc.) + Laserscanned Tracks + Driver Changes + More focus on No Assists Driving in order to make people become better drivers + Full control in the pit and before the start of the race as well as the obligatory victory lap back to parc fermé or into the pit after the race has finished + Random Car Failures + Engine only being accessible to upgrade for manufacturers + realistic and fair track limits + improved penalty system + dedicated servers + netcode fix + option for lobby or server hosts to completely kick players from the race + improved ranked mode (no assists only and 25% as well as 50% and 100% race distance) + league racing options such as a sophisticated Theater Mode and the ability to plan races and seasons beforehand etc. + Driving School for newcomers + more cutscenes and a fully accessible driving paddock where we can move freely????

If at least 80% of my list is in the game, i will quit my boycott and buy another F1 game by CM again after not doing so for the last 5 years.

CM do not fail me.

If you give Codies the money for laserscanning and an engine for moving freely in the paddock (which would be a dumb feature because it is a racing game and not GTA) your wishes may come true

Ooh nice, it's early this year. Looking forward to it :classic_happy:

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. Looks great for the moment.

(Also, this confirms a decent amount of leaks that happened about half a year ago. Interesting.)

I hope this year will finally be in VR. It's the most important thing to me.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BestOenning79 said:

Hello @! This year will not we have the betha program to test the game?

we will have, they will announce it very soon

• Agree 1