DiRTy Gossip about WRC8

3 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

you can't blame developers for this. Steam takes a massive 30% cut of sales. for a niche game like WRC, this is a LOT of money. Epic, by contrast, takes only 12%. Valve is greedy as hell ... that's why so many developers these days are also using their own game platforms like Battlenet, the Ubisoft store etc.

I'm knowing the time where no launchers were needed to play a game, so they could sell it DRM free in their own shop and could get 100%. 

image.thumb.png.e829320d5ff9981179de9db2e9f14efd.png

What's wrong in this picture?

• Haha 4

more option car setup than wrc 8 3:20  and more option setting view finally is here 4:03 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Riggs said:

image.thumb.png.e829320d5ff9981179de9db2e9f14efd.png

What's wrong in this picture?

right hand wiper blade under windscreen livery.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 2

if you have the gear  setup  to short or you down you gear early is possible you broken you gear and your motor   same than PCars 2 is good , so don t use GTRtechnical setup if you no want destroy your motor ( sorry is french video )

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

This I would like to see patched in DR2. I don't see the problem with shorter gears, but the over-reving down gearing should get patched, like massive damage to the gearbox depending on how bad the over-rev down gearing was. In extreme abuse, insta terminal damage.

@PJTierney

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 6

@Riggs very short gears setup  is not good too because , always time you motor is on max so the motor is hot always time  and is not good for your motor, 

And now it's fully Epic store exclusive, whoopsies. This final hour exclusivity garbage kills all my hype for every game that does this. And I even have the launcher installed

• Agree 2

Physics from ingame footage looks hopeless... but it's hard to judge just from how it looks.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, Pioy said:

Physics from ingame footage looks hopeless... but it's hard to judge just from how it looks.

What we know for sure is that every single thing regarding sound (except for music) is not up to standard. It just sound so artificial. Also what's up with the warp sound/view when the timer hits zero and you set off in the behind the car view. And who created these particle effects, if that's what would call this, coming off the tyres in this video? Who in their right mind thought, yeah this looks properly good! Shout out to @urgaffel and his unbelievably gorgeous particle effects!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)

No VR No buy 😉
Graphically looks outdated sometimes, though. Hard to judge physics from videos, especially why I didn't see a skilled reviewer yet using an s-wheel.
But if it might a be a competition to Dirt Rally, it's even better for us: players.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

3 hours ago, KingOfCoins said:

And now it's fully Epic store exclusive, whoopsies. This final hour exclusivity garbage kills all my hype for every game that does this. And I even have the launcher installed

There are so many reasons I wouldn't buy the game but this is probably the main one. Worst decision they could've made after everything that has happened. It's absolutely not safe to buy games from the Epic Store. 

XB1 version frame rate - is it 30 or 60? I heard they were pushing for 60 on XB1 X and PS4 Pro...did it happen?

Any Racing game at 30fps can kiss my arse!! Too bad if it is 30fps as I might have otherwise considered the purchase.

Posted (edited)
On 8/25/2019 at 3:04 PM, Tranzitive said:

you can't blame developers for this. Steam takes a massive 30% cut of sales. for a niche game like WRC, this is a LOT of money. Epic, by contrast, takes only 12%. Valve is greedy as hell ... that's why so many developers these days are also using their own game platforms like Battlenet, the Ubisoft store etc. 

Please don't forget that 30% is the market standard. Be it Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Ubisoft, EA or who else. They all want their 20-30%(mostly 30%) for the distribution of your game. But yep, it's the reason why everyone has his own store. 

There is simply no reason why you should throw all the money to steam when you could distribute it by yourself. (sure, apart of the fanboys) 

Edited by DessIntress

12 hours ago, Buckwilder said:

XB1 version frame rate - is it 30 or 60? I heard they were pushing for 60 on XB1 X and PS4 Pro...did it happen?

Any Racing game at 30fps can kiss my arse!! Too bad if it is 30fps as I might have otherwise considered the purchase.

you answered your own question it seems. 

but yeah, it's 30 apparently. and it still looks like butt

3 hours ago, DessIntress said:

Please don't forget that 30% is the market standard. Be it Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Ubisoft, EA or who else. They all want their 20-30%(mostly 30%) for the distribution of your game. But yep, it's the reason why everyone has his own store. 

There is simply no reason why you should throw all the money to steam when you could distribute it by yourself. (sure, apart of the fanboys) 

yes 30% is standard. and yeah it's high. I like bandcamp (for independent music artists and labels). they take 14%.

on the other hand, it's much easier to distribute things with steam than for every little company to employ a whole new group of people to help in distribution.

this is why the bigger ones like EA and Ubisoft (and Disney etc) have put money into their own services. it's cheaper in the long run if you have a big enough games library, people will download your service and play multiple games on it.

It releases next week, but there's still no page on the Epic Store to buy it! Although CD Keys has it for £20.99...

If only Epic had a functional store. Then people could actually buy games and not be so ****** every time a game switches over to a barely functioning store.

@dani211212

Agreed - but the console frame rate of 30fps is totally a bust for me - too bad I was looking forward to the game. Variety is always welcome, and good competition is healthy...but I digress...

1 hour ago, Buckwilder said:

@dani211212

Agreed - but the console frame rate of 30fps is totally a bust for me - too bad I was looking forward to the game. Variety is always welcome, and good competition is healthy...but I digress...

WRC7 was also 30fps on console. with motion blur on (which is not an excessive effect in WRC7), you don't really even notice the slower frame rate after a while. your eyes adjust to it. there is still a good sense of speed, especially since the cars accelerate like rocket ships.

honestly, i think the 30fps on console is probably due to the dynamic weather. don't think it's possible to do dynamic weather and 60fps on console. probably the reason the dynamic weather from Dirt 4 is not in DR2.0, especially since DR2.0 has much better-looking stages. the stages in Dirt 4 were pretty bare-bones.

we just need the next console generation to hurry up already. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

33 minutes ago, Tranzitive said:

WRC7 was also 30fps on console. with motion blur on (which is not an excessive effect in WRC7), you don't really even notice the slower frame rate after a while. your eyes adjust to it. there is still a good sense of speed, especially since the cars accelerate like rocket ships.

honestly, i think the 30fps on console is probably due to the dynamic weather. don't think it's possible to do dynamic weather and 60fps on console. probably the reason the dynamic weather from Dirt 4 is not in DR2.0, especially since DR2.0 has much better-looking stages. the stages in Dirt 4 were pretty bare-bones.

we just need the next console generation to hurry up already. 

Well then we should have the option to disable dynamic weather in the menu for a scripted weather type. Forza Horizon got it right...they have 2 modes, one with ultra graphical fidelity in 4K HDR but is 30fps, and then one that is is still 4K but without some of the window dressing but runs at 60fps. I’ll trade a little eye candy any day for better frame rate.

CM did baked-in effects for DR2.0 but a bunch of people have been wondering why they took dynamic weather out.

the dynamic weather is one of the biggest selling points of WRC8. that and the detailed career mode.

and even DR2.0 was only 1080p on consoles at launch at 60fps.

you can't compare it to Forza Horizon, that's a 1st-party exclusive that has a huge budget behind it.

WRC is a niche game and they'll be lucky to sell 500,000 copies. even DR1 only sold around 700,000 copies and i think CM is much bigger than Kylotton.

On 8/26/2019 at 8:50 PM, KingOfCoins said:

1 year to be availible on steam ???***...

I will likely buy the standard version, more for lending support to the rally gaming scene. My expectation for its realistic car handling is not high, because I think it’s not good business for them to alienate the casual rally fans. I hope it pleasantly surprises me, but I doubt it. Months ago I was spending my time playing WRC7. But once I started playing DR2 and gotten used to its car handling, I couldn’t go back to WRC.