Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip about WRC8

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

CM did baked-in effects for DR2.0 but a bunch of people have been wondering why they took dynamic weather out.

the dirt series has never had dynamic weather. 

dirt 4 just had tons of weather options, and some of them were intermittent fog and rain, so it seemed like it was dynamic, but it actually wasn't.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

when will be on steam ,maybe ,,

dirt carreer sucks and no  story mode

Edited by nasoduko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Car 3D modelsare the same  low-poly models as a mobile game has at the 2010s.
There's no casted SHADOW in wheel arch, there's no shadow in the interior, and look at those fireproof face masks in a Polo R5... LOL

69269463_10220020334640364_4963669166839037952_o.thumb.jpg.84bad1898ca884c726dee8d3a9aba028.jpg

 

Edited by mesa
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nasoduko said:

when will be on steam ,maybe ,,

dirt carreer sucks and no  story mode

why would you want a story mode in Dirt lol

nfsu_comic.jpg

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks awful, sounds awful, co driver sounds like he's about to jump in a spitfire and defend the white cliffs of Dover, physics look like we have teleported back to 1997 and v rally has just landed, epic store on pc, 30fps on all consoles, even X.... staying well clear of that abomination 😂

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Buckwilder said:

Well then we should have the option to disable dynamic weather in the menu for a scripted weather type. Forza Horizon got it right...they have 2 modes, one with ultra graphical fidelity in 4K HDR but is 30fps, and then one that is is still 4K but without some of the window dressing but runs at 60fps. I’ll trade a little eye candy any day for better frame rate.

FH drops to 1080p in 60fps mode on X

 

22 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

CM did baked-in effects for DR2.0 but a bunch of people have been wondering why they took dynamic weather out.

the dynamic weather is one of the biggest selling points of WRC8. that and the detailed career mode.

and even DR2.0 was only 1080p on consoles at launch at 60fps.

you can't compare it to Forza Horizon, that's a 1st-party exclusive that has a huge budget behind it.

WRC is a niche game and they'll be lucky to sell 500,000 copies. even DR1 only sold around 700,000 copies and i think CM is much bigger than Kylotton.

Dr2 is 4k on X and has been since day 1. Fh4 drops to 1080p in 60fps mode, exactly what wrc8 should have imo, a 1080p 60fps mode for X and pro

Dirt games have never had dynamic weather. Project cars has amazing dynamic weather though, time of day and even seasons, all with full grids which makes me wonder sometimes that it's possible in other racing genres 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, battfinkz said:

Looks awful, sounds awful, co driver sounds like he's about to jump in a spitfire and defend the white cliffs of Dover, physics look like we have teleported back to 1997 and v rally has just landed, epic store on pc, 30fps on all consoles, even X.... staying well clear of that abomination 😂

Supposing every other aspect of the game measured up, the co-driver alone is reason for pause.

What on earth were they thinking? 

What amazing things CM could do with the WRC licence...

  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ianism said:

why would you want a story mode in Dirt lol

 

because i want to !you got a problem with that to ?

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve noticed in the Xbox store wrc 8 does not have the Xbox one x enhanced next to it unlike wrc 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nasoduko said:

because i want to !you got a problem with that to ?

ya it's a waste of resources and stories in racing games are always bad.

just go play NFS

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ianism said:

ya it's a waste of resources and stories in racing games are always bad.

just go play NFS

and you can always press skip ,smartass

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nasoduko said:

and you can always press skip ,smartass

nah, it's ok. nobody wants this. most people who play this game aren't 13 anymore. I like story-driven games. Horizon Zero Dawn is my favourite game of all time. but stories are usually (they can be nice sometimes) unnecessary in racing games and they're almost always bad or terrible, so not worth the time and money the studio spent on them. 

so yeah, it'll never happen. that's not the target audience of the Dirt games. and I'm not being a smartass haha

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ianism said:

nah, it's ok. nobody wants this. most people who play this game aren't 13 anymore. I like story-driven games. Horizon Zero Dawn is my favourite game of all time. but stories are usually (they can be nice sometimes) unnecessary in racing games and they're almost always bad or terrible, so not worth the time and money the studio spent on them. 

so yeah, it'll never happen. that's not the target audience of the Dirt games. and I'm not being a smartass haha

i know ,but  sometimes you are ,even i i was pressing skip on story modes

when i mean  a story mode ,i dont mean like nfs ,i mean like starting a career as a person ,just like cm F1 ,even if you choose carrer on line there are 4 tracks or 6 on every  country  ,

i want a carrer mode that has all the stages ,all countries, i know you can do that on offline mode ,but still there you have to make yours and add the tracks and the countries  you want ,i want an option to add the complete country to the career mode with all stages not 6 or one +one ,until now i havent find that option if there is any ..

Edited by nasoduko
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nasoduko said:

i know ,but  sometimes you are ,even i i was pressing skip on story modes

when i mean  a story mode ,i dont mean like nfs ,i mean like starting a career as a person ,just like cm F1 ,even if you choose carrer on line there are 4 tracks or 6 on every  country  ,

i want a carrer mode that has all the stages ,all countries, i know you can do that on offline mode ,but still there you have to make yours and add the tracks and the countries  you want ,i want an option to add the complete country to the career mode with all stages not 6 or one +one ,until now i havent find that option if there is any ..

sure, that's cool. I want that too.

but that's not story mode. if you wanted that you should have not said yes when I posted the NFSU2 screenshot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, the more I see it the less I want to buy it. What they've done to promote the game is actually quite clever and is a leaf straight out of Turn 10's book: Focus all your efforts on a showcase track (Argentina) to draw maximum attention, use this showcase to announce the "massive steps" the game has taken since the last release, throw in some teccy stats to give the impression this version is the one to have, distribute secective chunks of playable code to the 'right voices' (hello VVV) and let them do the talking whilst you quietly get on with a game that underneath this glossy exterior is pretty much the same as previous efforts. Throw in the obligatory "we've listened to the fans" statement and voilla... Dan La Greenawalt.

After watching the 100's of clips i've seen the lacklustre visuals, the poor rendering and dubious draw distances and can't help but think if this is footage running at 60fps on a top end PC then what hope for consoles? WRC 6 and (especially) WRC 7 struggled to cope with lesser quality visuals than what 8 is displaying and with very little (if any at all) footage of console gameplay released (even though we are one day from launch) you really do have to wonder if Kylotonn are hiding something

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2019 at 11:20 PM, mesa said:

Car 3D modelsare the same  low-poly models as a mobile game has at the 2010s.
There's no casted SHADOW in wheel arch, there's no shadow in the interior, and look at those fireproof face masks in a Polo R5... LOL

69269463_10220020334640364_4963669166839037952_o.thumb.jpg.84bad1898ca884c726dee8d3a9aba028.jpg

 

this is 100% ultra low PC settings!, even on my regular ps4, graphic looks 3 times better then this. i love the game, its fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Hmm, the more I see it the less I want to buy it. What they've done to promote the game is actually quite clever and is a leaf straight out of Turn 10's book: Focus all your efforts on a showcase track (Argentina) to draw maximum attention, use this showcase to announce the "massive steps" the game has taken since the last release, throw in some teccy stats to give the impression this version is the one to have, distribute secective chunks of playable code to the 'right voices' (hello VVV) and let them do the talking whilst you quietly get on with a game that underneath this glossy exterior is pretty much the same as previous efforts. Throw in the obligatory "we've listened to the fans" statement and voilla... Dan La Greenawalt.

After watching the 100's of clips i've seen the lacklustre visuals, the poor rendering and dubious draw distances and can't help but think if this is footage running at 60fps on a top end PC then what hope for consoles? WRC 6 and (especially) WRC 7 struggled to cope with lesser quality visuals than what 8 is displaying and with very little (if any at all) footage of console gameplay released (even though we are one day from launch) you really do have to wonder if Kylotonn are hiding something

This is looking like like an accurate prediction, but we'll know for sure in a day. Sure, there's a mega new career mode and that's all great, but if the physics and worst of all the frame-rate are not dramatically improved, then what's the point?

For any console player, DR2.0 is automatically 2x as good. Double the frame-rate = twice as good, everything else being equal. Especially at 30fps, which should by now be consigned to the dustbin for racing games.

This is why we should be so grateful to Codies, because the core standards they have set of 60fps on all platforms, and excellent, realistic and playable handling, are the holy grails for rally.

If WRC 8 gets a heavy discount it may be worth picking up, to play from a behind-the-car view as a kind of arcade rally game with decent physics. Hopefully there's a way-way-way behind camera view to sate my desire for a third-person/top down arcade rally game.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing that is a bit of a downer is I see no option to set up a custom championship.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

This is looking like like an accurate prediction, but we'll know for sure in a day. Sure, there's a mega new career mode and that's all great, but if the physics and worst of all the frame-rate are not dramatically improved, then what's the point?

For any console player, DR2.0 is automatically 2x as good. Double the frame-rate = twice as good, everything else being equal. Especially at 30fps, which should by now be consigned to the dustbin for racing games.

This is why we should be so grateful to Codies, because the core standards they have set of 60fps on all platforms, and excellent, realistic and playable handling, are the holy grails for rally.

If WRC 8 gets a heavy discount it may be worth picking up, to play from a behind-the-car view as a kind of arcade rally game with decent physics. Hopefully there's a way-way-way behind camera view to sate my desire for a third-person/top down arcade rally game.

The handling is worse then DR2.0 but its very big improvment over WRC 7

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because I am a sucker, and love all of you, I have just purchased and begun downloading on the Xbox.

So you guys don't have to.

Will report back after its installed, which will be overnight (Australia time).

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jake Cushing said:

Because I am a sucker, and love all of you, I have just purchased and begun downloading on the Xbox.

So you guys don't have to.

Will report back after its installed, which will be overnight (Australia time).

Good man, you are now officially on my xmas card list 🙂

I've finally seen some console footage and although it does look visually better than WRC 7, when directly comparing it against those of DR2 (visuals which i'm starting to appreciate more and more with each passing day) it does highlight how far behind Kyloton are in that department and doesn't really give any indication that the game has had an extra year of development this time around. If you look carefully you can still see short detail draw distances (white lines on tarmac stages give that one away), low quality trackside visuals and that horrible 'squareness' feeling to the tarmac sections. That downhill section of hairpins in China still looks horribly unnatural - especially when you compare it against the similar looking sections of Monte Carlo in DR's 1 and 2. 

I'm a self confessed fan of the WRC series (I own physical copies of all the games) and the only real positive I can draw from what Kylotonn are doing is that they are now achieving similar levels of content to that of the original Milestone games on X360. Dynamic weather? Well no actually because unlike longer races of Project Cars 2 for example where you can really sense a change of weather you don't get that same feeling of changing cycles over a rally stage of 3-7 miles. It kind of just happens and at the very worst you're only ever going get a couple of minutes of inconvenience because you have the wrong tyres on. I'd also be interested to know about the trigger points of changing cycles on each location to see if they are genuinely dynamic or just FMS7 dynamic.

I know it all sounds a bit picky but at the end of the day Kylotonn are not asking budget prices for their games so with that in mind i've every right to be as picky as I want to be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I already saw it in local retail shop.

there are also first reviews published, amd so far very  positive. Maybe i will give it a try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I've managed to play a stage, as it allows you to do so while the rest of the game is still downloading (Xbox One X). The only stage available is in Germany.

It's bad, bad news, for anyone who was hoping this would be some welcome variety in rallying.

I wanted this to be good, I really did. But from what I have experienced so far, _BorisTheFrog_ is correct in his forecast.

Straight away, the 30fps hits you in the eyes. The whole feeling is 'woolly'.

Worse however is the handling and physics. It is dreadful - unresponsive, unrealistic. You swerve around in a vague way and bounce in an unconvincing manner from objects. It feels 'gamey' rather than a simulator, and not in any fun way.

And the graphics look an entire generation below DR2.0

Seriously, I am struggling to see what difference there is between this and WRC 7. Also the menus are a clunk-fest.

More tomorrow but this is tragic. I want my money back now.

 

Edited by Jake Cushing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: I can play multiple stages in Germany.

Anyone who feels unsatisfied with DR2.0's tarmac handling should play this 😂 You will experience new levels of gratitude for Codemasters and DR2.0

This is unbelievably bad - the graphics are exactly what Boris predicted: Xbox 360 level.

Perhaps the other stages might look a little better, but nothing is going to save the god-awful physics and handling. Seriously, what the hell were Kylotonn doing this past 2 years? They made a great leap from WRC 6 to WRC 7, and then to release this after all that time and hype?!?

 

Edited by Jake Cushing
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update #2

About the only good thing I can say is about the suite of camera options, which are excellent. You can adjust height, angle, and FOV for all cameras.

Aaaaand that's it. Monte Carlo is now playable, and there is no improvement from Germany graphically.

Engine sounds are a buzzing mosquito.

Awful to play. It's almost hilarious how basic the physics are when you bump against any protuberance. You simply 'shift' left or rightwards. Gah. It'll be emperor's new clothes over at Team VVV.

Edit: And now I've played a gravel stage. It's over. This is junk.

Edited by Jake Cushing
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×