DiRTy Gossip about WRC8

Didn't notice the frame rate, too busy playing the game and replays are decent also, Jake just try it, the game is good you will be pleasantly surprised. I was and I hated wrc 7 due to the crappy handling and framerate. 

• Agree 1

Indeed, it's not a bad game. I follow closely WRC, so for me to be able to drive Toyota or Hyundai is really big plus. And having all locations in another story.

WRC 7 was mediocre, however WRC 8 is step forward.  So don't see it as rivaly to DIRT, just buy both :) if you like rally.  I will take brake from Dirt and they buy s3+s4 on sale. 

• Agree 1

Don't agree with Jake at all. Hated wrc 7 physics. This is a huge step up compared to wrc 7. It's not quite reached dirt 2.0 physics but it's still great fun. The stages are lonnnng and it takes maximum concentration to complete them without mistakes. Graphically it varies. Some countries don't look on par with others. Chile for example looks really nice where as Wales looks errr not like Wales. I've done over 750 km now on the Xbox One X version and I must say I really like it. Career mode can become abit tedious and if you don't  like sim city, theme park strategy games you can do season mode that cuts out all the crappy strategy games. I love rallying and have for over 40 years. Played rally games from the 80s till now. I also have a heavy SIM background but still enjoy arcadey racers too. So if I could change one thing about wrc8 it would be how smooth the gravel stages feel. Few more bumps and pot holes wouldn't go a miss. Tweaked my settings pretty much straight away on my pad settings as it was twitchy and the deadzone was huge. Sadly this developer seems to lack beta testers and does a crappy job on customer service.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

I pre-ordered this game for PC, it was expected to be released today, but now it looks like I won't have the code until 18 September!!

I bought it on Instant Gaming web https://www.instant-gaming.com/es/?igr=gamer-d0028a

I think it's related to Epic Games Store, which is the exclusive store for now for PC. Maybe they want to be exclusive for some days.

Edited by CarlesWRC

2 minutes ago, Madhun1967 said:

so you cant get it til 18th on Epic either ? 

You can buy WRC 8 on Epic Store now for 50 Euros, but it's not available in other web pages like Instant Gaming to play it on Epic platform.

I think I will wait to buy it. I got refund from Instant Gaming.

2 hours ago, CarlesWRC said:

You can buy WRC 8 on Epic Store now for 50 Euros, but it's not available in other web pages like Instant Gaming to play it on Epic platform.

I think I will wait to buy it. I got refund from Instant Gaming.

thanks for clearing it up 

Purchased WRC 8 today. Car physics are too much off. Cars bounce like bunnies and kind of floats in the air. It feels there's not enough gravity. Sounds are also like in old C64 game.

Refunded the game.

Edited by zenixinous

4 hours ago, zenixinous said:

Purchased WRC 8 today. Car physics are too much off. Cars bounce like bunnies and kind of floats in the air. It feels there's not enough gravity. Sounds are also like in old C64 game.

Refunded the game.

Troll

• Agree 3

10 hours ago, zenixinous said:

Cars bounce like bunnies and kind of floats in the air. It feels there's not enough gravity.

1 hour ago, zenixinous said:

My honest opinion.

10 hours ago, zenixinous said:

Sounds are also like in old C64 game.

1 hour ago, zenixinous said:

Not a troll.

Yup, ok. 🤣

Maybe a Commodore Amiga?

The sounds are poor, the physics rudimentary, the frame rate sucks total balls (on console), the graphics are primitive.

I'm certainly not trolling. I just wish I hadn't wasted my money.

• Like 1

Indeed there is a strong disconnect between the views of two posters here and the vast majority of reviewers out there (including some who seem to know DR and DR2 well), who generally rate the game somewhere between "a definite improvement over WRC 7" and "a welcome strong competitor to the DR series". But that's totally fine with me, I value the diversity of opinions. By now I have read enough that I feel confident I should order it. I'll report back!

ok so i bought it  last nite.Cant setup my Fanatec pedals and doing some wonky stuff with my 300rs wheel too.Like the menus bounce when trying to map pedals ,and will not recognize brake pedal, but does do the gas and clutch.I hope im doing something wrong, but its not intuitive setup screen.Also, i did drive with no brakes ,lol and i have no feedback at all.Just Cadillac smooth steering .So getting flustered ...................

In my perspective, it's not a competitor to DR. I think wrc8 is good for casual players, who just enjoy driving anything. For those who wants to tune ffb settings, car setups, and drive other simulators also, it's not worth buying. 

5 hours ago, Madhun1967 said:

ok so i bought it  last nite.Cant setup my Fanatec pedals and doing some wonky stuff with my 300rs wheel too.Like the menus bounce when trying to map pedals ,and will not recognize brake pedal, but does do the gas and clutch.I hope im doing something wrong, but its not intuitive setup screen.Also, i did drive with no brakes ,lol and i have no feedback at all.Just Cadillac smooth steering .So getting flustered ...................

I am having the exact same issue! T300RS and Fanatec Elite pedals. When trying to assign the brake axis in the T300 profile, the assignment operation cancels out! Accelerate and CLutch pedals can be assigned just fine! When assigning the pedals in the Fanatec profile, the game is unplayable, as no two profiles can be active at the same time, it dynamically switches to the last device used...

I started a topic in the Steam Forums, maybe you can participate to raise awareness for the issue:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1004750/discussions/0/1633040337751527868/

Anyone else problems with multiple USB inputs? Anyone know a workaround?
I also tried to find input config files, but could only find files for FFB, not for the input mapping...

My first reaction was that the force feedback sucks and the cars feel really weird. Getting back to it later, after a reboot, it felt much better but the driving was weird and really punishing. Now, after getting a better feel for the game... well...

This is actually really good in many ways. The cars have more "bite" than in Dirt Rally. How the cars handle over bumps and jumps is simply superior. In WRC 8 you cant be as lazy with the inputs going over the jumps and bumps. If you are, you'll quickly end up in a tree. This aspect is way too simplistic and easy to handle in Dirt Rally. Aside from that, I don't know yet which one is more realistic. They're definitely different, that's for sure. 

I was very skeptical before the launch. Almost all the previews just showed people driving with controllers and it all looked odd. My first impression were negative. Now I'm leaning more towards this being seriously good. As in, it could actually be a new benchmark. I don't know yet but I'm starting to become impressed. 

What stands out as the biggest issue with the physics is how easily the cars bounce and roll when you hit hard bumps in the road. Reminds me a bit of the first Dirt Rally, except I haven't yet simulated the Apollo program - a common thing in Dirt Rally. 

While my opinion might change after closer scrutiny I think this game really tries to be a serious sim. It may appeal to the arcade gamers as well and the marketing certainly hasn't shown of the capabilites as a sim, but I think they mean actual business here.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

Maybe a Commodore Amiga?

The sounds are poor, the physics rudimentary, the frame rate sucks total balls (on console), the graphics are primitive.

I'm certainly not trolling. I just wish I hadn't wasted my money.

No idea

Played WRC8 yesterday for about 4 hours. Yes , this game is a improvement from WRC7, but has big flaw - cars has no weight, it's like driving a boat. It's impossible to do proper weight transfer. It's not a Dirt killer in any way. What i like - tyre slip, multiple stages, WRC cars, but I can't take this game seriously.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, Gregow said:

\Reminds me a bit of the first Dirt Rally, except I haven't yet simulated the Apollo program - a common thing in Dirt Rally. 

\here.

Drive Finland - it will simulate Apollo as DR1. For me WRC8 has a big problem - weightless  cars, so no proper weight transfer and moon/boat physics. Weird to drive.

5 hours ago, virgism said:

Played WRC8 yesterday for about 4 hours. Yes , this game is a improvement from WRC7, but has big flaw - cars has no weight, it's like driving a boat. It's impossible to do proper weight transfer. It's not a Dirt killer in any way. What i like - tyre slip, multiple stages, WRC cars, but I can't take this game seriously.

This exactly my thoughts.

• Agree 1