DiRTy Gossip about WRC8

40 minutes ago, ianism said:

wow that historic car list is very meh, and they're all pre-order or deluxe bonuses? what's the point?

I feel like they are trying to compete with Dirt, but just don't have the money for the licences nor the resources to program the way they drive, record audio, model the car etc. it's a bit... token

and 70 euros? yikes.

yes it's true the sound of cars is bad but I pre-comended wrc 8 for the modern cars and especially for see new rally stage 

• Like 1

Guaranteed that the handling ,as though it may be "revamped" its not totally new and will be shiiiiiiiiite.Just my opinion, as all previous ones just sucked.Cool graphics aside,(not as good as Dirt 2.0) its a at best an arcade racer.Will get it after launch, but it will probably sit just like my WRC7 copy.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

On 7/25/2019 at 9:35 AM, dani211212 said:

Wow, longest stage is about 23km.. 

Jeez i struggle with concentration on 10km with DR 

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Madhun1967 said:

Guaranteed that the handling ,as though it may be "revamped" its not totally new and will be shiiiiiiiiite.Just my opinion, as all previous ones just sucked.Cool graphics aside,(not as good as Dirt 2.0) its a at best an arcade racer.Will get it after launch, but it will probably sit just like my WRC7 copy.

I totally expect this to happen. “Realistic” physics would’ve alienated a lot of casual gamers, and would hurt sales. I’ll buy the basic version of the game at least to provide support for this niche genre. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/2/2019 at 5:27 PM, Madhun1967 said:

3 hours ago, ac11367 said:

I totally expect this to happen. “Realistic” physics would’ve alienated a lot of casual gamers, and would hurt sales. I’ll buy the basic version of the game at least to provide support for this niche genre. 

WRC 8 is not copy of wrc 7 

new :

-more option for tyre choice and degradation for tyre

- weather change during the stage 

- more option for weather 

- career mode improve ( with manage and upgrade  your team , and choice to start directly in WRC 2 private team)

- classic car comeback ( yes at this time  you have only  4 car maybe after update or season pass  coming later )

- more 100 stages 

personaly wrc 7 is good for me  and you said is arcade because player remove rotation and linearity on her sterring wheel,  so is possible to play  on arcade   mode in  Dirt rally 2.0  if you remove linearity and you play in 540 or 360 degree  on your steering wheel is arcade too.  the developers ( codemasters and kylotonn) you offers the possibilities to choose your setup  for your game , if the developers remove this possibilities a lot of players would not play their  game . 

i give on example look PCars 2, the pro player did not know how to set their car in esport competitions, so now the future PCARS 3 is more arcade, because the players set their steering wheel and not their car, because  in the Esport events you can not adjust the steering wheel, you have to go through the settings of the car.

sorry for my bad english

Edited by gk9147
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

In WRC7 ist was impossible for me to use my CSW2.5 with connected V3-pedals. So it will be hard  for part 8 to take a place in my Steam-folder 😕

Edited by Flens07

At least WRC 8 has a career and some form of progression. DR 2.0 has disappointed me with the lack of of any progression, unlocks, sense of actually achieving anything. RX for example. The first race differs nothing to the final. I love DR 2.0. The stages, physics etc etc but career is bare bones. 

• Agree 3

So, Kylotonn can do 4k @ 30fps on Xbox One X, but can't do 1080p @ 60fps?

Screenshot_20190805-201953.thumb.png.009c34b2776ae19c1520b78c02fd72a3.png

Then it's game over... before it even began.

Unless they come back with a follow-up message that it'll be 60fps when in 1080p mode. But that looks unlikely.

Makes a person appreciate Codies all the more.

On 3/28/2019 at 2:39 PM, Rygar86 said:

This video has some better quality footage than the previous 2 videos posted here. Some really nice weather effects at 17 minutes 40 seconds

According to my opinion, the new WRC 8 will be just a curiosity with the official FIA WRC logo and current rallies, and that's all.  It will not be a rally simulation like Dirt Rally.  Bigben Kyloton rather does not bet on simulations in the WRC series because it is a game for those who want to drive purely arcade and simulations for those who can ride.  For me Dirt Rally 2.0 which contains 120 special stages and 47 cars in 12 classes, not counting rallycross, is quite sufficient to spice up your own rally with a much better driving model and physics.

• Agree 3

There's been no update to that frame-rate post on their official Facebook page.

So that's confirmed, then. 30fps on all consoles.

This is a catastrophic disaster, and Codies should swoop in (somehow) and press their enormous advantage.

30fps is unplayable dreck, no matter the handling or the pretties on screen, after you get used to 60fps.

Codies: if you give console players a FoV slider, and bring back dash-cam, you will help cement yourselves as the undisputed kings of console rally.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

There's been no update to that frame-rate post on their official Facebook page.

So that's confirmed, then. 30fps on all consoles.

This is a catastrophic disaster, and Codies should swoop in (somehow) and press their enormous advantage.

30fps is unplayable dreck, no matter the handling or the pretties on screen, after you get used to 60fps.

Codies: if you give console players a FoV slider, and bring back dash-cam, you will help cement yourselves as the undisputed kings of console rally.

Why has Bigben still got the wrc laslicence? 

My suspicion is that they have a ten game deal, if so lets hope codemasters gets it on next signing. 

Edited by watzcoc

They probably locked it to 30fps, not because of performance restrictions but because of how they built their physics engine.

Remember DR2 is meant to be play with at 60fps or above. Below that, physics start to get messy and makes people lose time etc.

Posted (edited)

It’s looking good in my opinion.Would like to see what damage is like. I feel that damage has gone backwards in DR 2.0 from DR. 

Edited by Kiwiazbro

Parece q han mejorado algo el manejo pero aún se siente un poco raro el sonido es lo peor parece un juego del 2001

On 8/7/2019 at 10:13 AM, Riggs said:

They probably locked it to 30fps, not because of performance restrictions but because of how they built their physics engine.

Remember DR2 is meant to be play with at 60fps or above. Below that, physics start to get messy and makes people lose time etc.

interesting. low framerate doesn't bother me much, so I play at around 40-55fps

On 8/7/2019 at 9:43 AM, watzcoc said:

Why has Bigben still got the wrc laslicence? 

My suspicion is that they have a ten game deal, if so lets hope codemasters gets it on next signing. 

ten games?! that's a lot. WRC 8 is their 4th, right?

WRC 8 is Kylotonn's fourth WRC game, but it is Bigben's fifth. Bigben is the one who has the contract. 

Posted (edited)
On 8/9/2019 at 9:40 PM, er185 said:

That Argentina stage looks good. It's technically under DR2, as well as the prysics probably.
But the stage design is great : I love the fact there's different parts of it. You starts on the El condor mountains, then you have a wider road trough the pampa, then the bushes...

DR2 stages are kinda too homogeneous, especially in terms of road surface and width.

I hope WRC8 will improve WRC7 physics, graphics and tracks. If they don't reuse too much stuff it may be mine.

Edited by toninus
  • Agree 1

hyundai R5 comback for car bonus you no have  delta and 037  ( pre -commended car and ( maybe season pass coming after )

Posted (edited)

is controler gameplay and maybe he play with assist 

Edited by gk9147

onboard + *** moment other  car in midle of road 1:34😂

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, toninus said:

I hope WRC8 will improve WRC7 physics, graphics and tracks. If they don't reuse too much stuff it may be mine.

I'm not sure what to think about reusing assets at this point. We have now seen full Monte and Sweden. Monte is three new stages plus their reverses. But Sweden is two old stages plus their reverses and the SSS. In both cases the epics are the short stages stitched together. Not looking good. Nothing new in Sweden. 

Argentina, Germany, Turkey and Chile are all new stages, but we have already seen repeats from the other rallies. Hopefully most rallies get at least one or two new stages unlike Sweden. 

Edited by Pfei
Spelling

Posted (edited)

Edited by Pfei
Embed
  • Thanks 1