New WRC 8 Gameplay Video and Analysis

Posted (edited)

This video has some better quality footage than the previous 2 videos posted here. Some really nice weather effects at 17 minutes 40 seconds

Edited by Rygar86

Posted (edited)

Looks and sounds incredible. Here's hoping its actually good. FFB is sounding great already with still 6 months to perfect it. 

Edited by FLAW3D
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

But what it has to do with Dirt Rally? 🙂I think nothing and this has no place in here. You should post these to the WRC 8 official forums.

Edited by Lollerke
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 8

Might look good but the car sounds are the same and to be honest it looks like the handling is ****. He pulls the handbrake and the car brakes with abs like if it was with left foot braking on a city drive.

• Agree 4

Posted (edited)

I have faith that CM tweak down the excess of post-fx in DR2.0 so we can have a true better looking game. I feel like there's way too much HDR burning colors and over-exposing stuff, as well as excess of bloom. DR1 looked better without the excess of these effects, and with 2.0's upgraded lighting engine it would surely look way better.

There's no texture work or 3D needed, it's just about tweaking these little big things.

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Riggs said:

I have faith that CM tweak down the excess of post-fx in DR2.0 so we can have a true better looking game. I feel like there's way too much HDR burning colors and over-exposing stuff, as well as excess of bloom. DR1 looked better without the excess of these effects, and with 2.0's upgraded lighting engine it would surely look way better.

There's no texture work or 3D needed, it's just about tweaking these little big things.

I disabled Motion Blur and everything below in the graphics settings and the game looks good. There are just a few places where you have excess post-fx in this case and they don't bother me. Try it.

Edited by Lollerke
  • Like 2

Have they mentioned whether it'll be 60fps on the consoles? 

Yea the handling, particularly under braking looks awful at the moment. Looks great for what it is, and I'll still be buying it as a control pad game, but Dirt rally 2.0 it is not. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Decks said:

Have they mentioned whether it'll be 60fps on the consoles? 

With those graphics im skeptical. Fingers crossed though. 

Wrc 7 was locked 30fps so I don't imagine they've changed that, certainly not with those graphics.

I imagine it'll look considerably worse on the consoles than whats being shown there.

WRC 7 looks great on PS4 Pro in Quad HD. 

I am sure this will also be 30fps, though Bigben did comment in the stream video that Pro and X framerate optimizations are not out of the question. 

It will never be a sim, to the extent Dirt series have been.The cars stop on a dime ,no brake physics and i way too tossible.Ridiculous sounds for 2019

• Agree 1

Sound is a now a dummy (came from wrc 6) and will get a total new sound system
They are also working on brakes

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Wow, the graphics and locations look photorealistic. I guess I’m in the minority here - but from an aesthetic standpoint this destroys DR2.0.

I have every reason to believe the physics and handling, along with the FFB - will follow suit. 

Definite pick up for me, 100% - can’t wait!!

Edited by Buckwilder
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

check the conversation of the two guys from about 8:40 onwards.. like he even crashes into the same location i always do in DR2.0 argentina :D.

Edited by paint21

I like the colors, the lighting and overall visuals. It just looks a bit more natural than DR2 to be honest. 

The handling is still evidently quite weird. The cars are not rotating enough on throttle. When they do get sideways the wheels starts spinning and you lose all the momentum forward. 

Stage design looks great but the road mesh seems to have lots of sudden dips and landmines even when they're supposed to be flat like previous games. 

I want them to show how is their physics and what its derived from ? Real suspension movement ? No momentum of cars in that clip.Ill still get it for varieties sake, as we have not many choices ,but just like WRC7 , will take back seat to  Dirt 2.0.I hope sooooooo bad they get rid of that semi truck weighty wheel feeling with no response and dying inertia 

20 hours ago, Lollerke said:

But what it has to do with Dirt Rally? 🙂I think nothing and this has no place in here. You should post these to the WRC 8 official forums.

well with all the bugs and missing ffb in DR2, i think we need to have a right to look at a good alternative...although I really DO hope that codies are addressing the major issues in time! 
(this coming from someone who is a fan of the DR series since Collin Mc Rae Rally!)

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

7 hours ago, Thierry97 said:

how is the sound of cars?:classic_wink:

We dont know yet, Placeholders are in place right now. 

To be fair WRC7 was a very decent game and this looks even better, as far as i am concerned you can never have enough rally games.

• Agree 4