New WRC 8 Gameplay Video and Analysis

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

I just mean the track design and I like the graphics better

Looks more realistic id say colourwise. 

The pacenotes are hilarious though straight out of one of the World Wars.

Loving the brutalness of the sounds the crackles n pops in the Germany vid.

The WRC drivers vid i turned off straight away after the ******** we heard from Jon Armstrong pre and after release...paid shills. 

I know alot of people here want WRC8 to fail but a great WRC8 will make future Dirt games better.

Edited by FLAW3D
  • Agree 6

At full price, I do not buy it but used or when the price has been reduced.
As a reason, Chile is enough for me

Nice nice. Will buy it. Even for N Switch :)? Nice again. 

• Agree 1

We'll show those bloody jerrys how we take a long medium left back home. 

• Haha 3

There is a lot of grip, don't you think? But then again, those modern monsters with crazy downforce, maybe it's realistic. I love the dynamic weather transition. Also, is there a tyre condition indicator in 4:54 in the first link?

I wonder what the damage model is going to be like. Wish they went full sim mode...

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, er185 said:

Argentina looks superb!
Because of better track design it feels more real than in DR 2.0

They need to make improvements on sounds, dust, fire, handbrake, suspension animation and it could be a good alternative game

Edited by RallyLover19

18 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

I know alot of people here want WRC8 to fail but a great WRC8 will make future Dirt games better.

Believe it or not, most of the forum regulars don't have any ill feelings towards the WRC team. There is no reason for wanting either game to fail, both teams have different qualities to offer. Any good choices they implement will have knock on effects here and you only have to watch the WRC videos to see who their biggest influence has been during their development time.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 8

19 minutes ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

Believe it or not, most of the forum regulars don't have any ill feelings towards the WRC team. There is no reason for wanting either game to fail, both teams have different qualities to offer. Any good choices they implement will have knock on effects here and you only have to watch the WRC videos to see who their biggest influence has been during their development time.

100% agree: two decent rally games are surely better than one (especially as one features content that is out of reach of the other), so I hope that WRC8 turns out to be good. 

• Agree 7

I was heading for the wrc 8 pre order band wagon. Why would anyone want it to fail? That being said, WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON WITH THAT CODRIVER.

That is genuinely the only thing that might completely render me unable to buy the game. 

Surely that's just a placeholder though? They can't actually think that's acceptable. 

Posted (edited)

i REALLY hope they change the codriver, the codriver sounds have been horrendous so far but it's serviceable at least. nowhere near as realistic as the guys they have had do the codriver calls for the Dirt/Dirt Rally games, but generally in WRC 7 i didn't have that much of a problem with calls being just plain wrong, coming way too late, while you are half-way round a corner already etc. that i have had with DR2.0 (and to some extent DR1).

people love to bash the WRC games but Kylotton have been doing a decent job so far and the series has improved every year since they took over. yes WRC7 wasn't as good as DR1 and Dirt 4, but don't forget CM have been making rally games for 20 years or something ridiculous, KT not so much. 

having two good rally games out there is good, hopefully they will each drive the development of the other which will benefit not only the consumers but also the devs as it will drive them to create a better product. i think this has already happened somewhat already, with CM including longer stage in DR2.0 compared to DR1 (this really stands out when you notice how short most of the stages are in the DR1 locations they've ported to DR2.0 so far) as well as tyre wear, which KT had in WRC7 but which was absent from DR1.

Edited by Tranzitive
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2019 at 9:46 AM, danielofifi said:

There is a lot of grip, don't you think?

Tarmac seems pretty realistic, maybe even better than DR2, because there is none of that floating going on. Gravel is horrendous however, way too much grip, especially on that Argentina video. Makes me appreciate gravel in DR 2 much more, even though certain classes, like R5 for example, also have too much grip, but nowhere near the ammount of what WRC8 has.

Edited by Pistro

I mentioned it on the Discord chat, but I thought I'd post it here as well: where are all the angry VR players? I haven't seen one #NoVRNoBuy on any of the Facebook posts for WRC8. 

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I mentioned it on the Discord chat, but I thought I'd post it here as well: where are all the angry VR players? I haven't seen one #NoVRNoBuy on any of the Facebook posts for WRC8. 

Niche title from tiny company maybe? Not expected compared to a Codemasters AAA title? I dont have VR but that seems plausible. 

Another one could be that they have still to make a great Rally game so one step at a time? 

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2019 at 10:58 PM, Pistro said:

Tarmac seems pretty realistic, maybe even better than DR2, because there is none of that floating going on. Gravel is horrendous however, way too much grip, especially on that Argentina video. Makes me appreciate gravel in DR 2 much more, even though certain classes, like R5 for example, also have too much grip, but nowhere near the ammount of what WRC8 has.

This looks floaty to me. A lot more.

Reminds me of beamNG

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

15 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Maybe because AFAIK, VR support is a feature that WRC games never had, while DR1 has (even in PS4) and is superb?!?!?!?!

8 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

Dashcam confirmed

1557835798-d6g0mf8waaabjso.jpg

1557835816-d6g8tamwkaatg1t.jpg

Dash cam as well as turning off wheel and driver arms in cockpit cam were confirmed two months ago in the livestream from the studio. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Pfei said:

Dash cam as well as turning off wheel and driver arms in cockpit cam were confirmed two months ago in the livestream from the studio. 

Great news for us single screen racers. 

• Agree 2

As more videos I watch of WRC 8, more I appreciate DiRT Rally 2. Of course WRC 8 doesn’t look bad, WRC 7 was a good rally game to be honest, and I enjoyed the game. But physics, especially in gravel, are bad. And it looks like it’s still a lot to do for WRC 8 on this aspect. And the sound.. they should improve this having the official license. Same for peace notes. I think it’s gonna be weird to play WRC 8 after playing DiRT Rally 2 for months.

Gravel physics look awful again 🤦🏼‍♂️ Have these guys ever watched any WRC to see how much the cars move about on the gravel?! 

• Agree 1

The physics are way off on gravel again and the sounds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jeeeez , this is 2019 and ive seen 2 people mod teams do 3 times better sounds for cars 

On 5/17/2019 at 6:58 PM, Pistro said:

This statement is hard to qualify. A lot of folks making remarks about grip, but no one here has tried the game. Let’s ensure we separate fact from opinion. I am not saying you are wrong...just that we don’t know. The handling, surface modelling and car behaviour could be spot on for all we know.

• Agree 6

2 hours ago, Buckwilder said:

This statement is hard to qualify. A lot of folks making remarks about grip, but no one here has tried the game. Let’s ensure we separate fact from opinion. I am not saying you are wrong...just that we don’t know. The handling, surface modelling and car behaviour could be spot on for all we know.

I've been following many kinds of motorsport very closely, since I was 12. Mostly WRC and F1. I'm 26 now. After this ammount of time, of watching those real cars perform on regular basis, I can assure you that it is very easy to accurately judge and compare a game's handling model to reality just by watching a video of it.

• Disagree 3

7 minutes ago, Pistro said:

I've been following many kinds of motorsport very closely, since I was 12. Mostly WRC and F1. I'm 26 now. After this ammount of time, of watching those real cars perform on regular basis, I can assure you that it is very easy to accurately judge and compare a game's handling model to reality just by watching a video of it.

The problem is that in that supposed beta video of Argentina you don't know who's driving, how hard he's pushing or if he is using assists. 

I even doubt the credibility of that video being that it's from an unknown source. It seems to me to be an unintentional leak of an internal dev build. In every way possible it looks 10x worse than the alfa from the live stream two months ago.