New WRC 8 Gameplay Video and Analysis

1 minute ago, Pfei said:

The problem is that in that supposed beta video of Argentina you don't know who's driving, how hard he's pushing or if he is using assists. 

I even doubt the credibility of that video being that it's from an unknown source. It seems to me to be an unintentional leak of an internal dev build. In every way possible it looks 10x worse than the alfa from the live stream two months ago. 

It doesn't matter who's driving a car if you can clearly see that it has too much grip compared to reality. Also, in simulation type of games, such as Dirt Rally 2.0 and WRC 8, assists do not increase the ammount of grip. If you did some testing in Dirt Rally 2.0 you would know that they actually make the cars go slower, because all they do is limit and modulate the ammount of input, applied by a player, to make the cars easier to drive.

4 hours ago, Pfei said:

The problem is that in that supposed beta video of Argentina you don't know who's driving, how hard he's pushing or if he is using assists. 

I even doubt the credibility of that video being that it's from an unknown source. It seems to me to be an unintentional leak of an internal dev build. In every way possible it looks 10x worse than the alfa from the live stream two months ago. 

Agreed. Whoever was driving - wasn’t doing well. Inverse apex’s, no power out of corners, no effective use of handbrake to keep the car’s attitude pointing in the direction of travel etc.

All I am saying is that the verdict on the game’s handling attributes or lack thereof need to be assessed once the game is released. Sure we can take away or surmise reality but it’s all in vain as watching a video (while somewhat telltale) - only offers up part of the truth.

Edited by Buckwilder
  • Agree 1

Look how the Citroen "bleeds" speed in every corner ....................IMHO has no "weight" at all , loses momentum way too quick and then just chucking it straightens it out right away ,aka not real life 

• Agree 1